|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
2. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
3. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
4. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
5. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in early 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
2. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
3. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
4. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
5. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
6. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
7. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
8. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
9. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
10. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did less well-known people play in Eleanor's book? What advantages and disadvantages were there to having so many people in this book? Would you have preferred that Eleanor included fewer people? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eleanor as a shy, young wife and Eleanor at the time the book ends. How did Eleanor's life change? How did she stay the same?
Essay Topic 3
In many places in her book, Eleanor used imagery to describe certain people, places, or events. Using one specific example from Eleanor's book, describe how the imagery she provided adds to the reader's understanding and perception of her life.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)