|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
2. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in early 1945?
3. Where is Franklin buried?
4. In 1941, what did Franklin and Churchill discuss?
5. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
2. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
3. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
4. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
5. Why was Eleanor concerned about Americans' perceptions of the Soviet Union?
6. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
7. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
8. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
9. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
10. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Franklin's death, what organizations did Eleanor become involved with? Which of these do you think had the biggest impact on her personal development?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor indicated that setting in terms of the United States during WWII was significant to her experiences as a first lady. Describe what she said about this particular setting and what role place and time play in Eleanor's experiences as conveyed in the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of "The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt"? Why would Eleanor choose to write the book in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and information presented in the chapters?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)