|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
2. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
3. Who died in April 1953?
4. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
5. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
2. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
3. What differences between life in the East and West did Eleanor notice after visiting Yalta?
4. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
5. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
6. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
7. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
8. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
9. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
10. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of juxtaposition in literature? Describe one discipline in Eleanor's book that you think is a good example of a juxtaposition of another discipline. Why do you think she may have presented concepts in her book this way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think the loss of Eleanor's parents at a relatively early age may have had an impact on her? If so, how do you think it would have affected her life and the content she included in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way Eleanor addressed the role of women in her book. Why did she choose to address this topic in particular? Did you learn anything about the role of women that you didn't know before?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)