|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
2. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
3. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
4. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
5. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
2. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
3. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
4. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
5. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
6. What differences between life in the East and West did Eleanor notice after visiting Yalta?
7. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
8. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
9. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
10. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the loss of Eleanor's parents at a relatively early age may have had an impact on her? If so, how do you think it would have affected her life and the content she included in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eleanor as a shy, young wife and Eleanor at the time the book ends. How did Eleanor's life change? How did she stay the same?
Essay Topic 3
After Franklin's death, what organizations did Eleanor become involved with? Which of these do you think had the biggest impact on her personal development?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)