|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
2. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
3. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
4. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
5. Which of the following countries separated from India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
2. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
3. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
4. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
5. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
6. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
7. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
8. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
9. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
10. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think was Eleanor's main goal in writing this book? What did she want readers to take away from the book, or to understand better after reading it?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of juxtaposition in literature? Describe one discipline in Eleanor's book that you think is a good example of a juxtaposition of another discipline. Why do you think she may have presented concepts in her book this way?
Essay Topic 3
What effect did being part of the presidential family have on Eleanor's book? How did it add to the information in the book?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)