|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
2. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
3. In 1941, what did Franklin and Churchill discuss?
4. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
5. Where is Franklin buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
2. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
3. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
4. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
5. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
6. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
7. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
8. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
9. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
10. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Eleanor as a shy, young wife and Eleanor at the time the book ends. How did Eleanor's life change? How did she stay the same?
Essay Topic 2
What role did less well-known people play in Eleanor's book? What advantages and disadvantages were there to having so many people in this book? Would you have preferred that Eleanor included fewer people? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor indicated that setting in terms of the United States during WWII was significant to her experiences as a first lady. Describe what she said about this particular setting and what role place and time play in Eleanor's experiences as conveyed in the book.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)