|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
2. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
3. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
4. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
5. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in early 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
2. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
3. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
4. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
5. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
6. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
7. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
8. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
9. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
10. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did certain events in Eleanor's book evoke a climatic feeling? What is it about Franklin's death that evokes a sense of climax? Does it have anything to do with anticipation or what you already knew before you read Eleanor's book?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Eleanor include foreshadowing in Chapter 11? What did Eleanor indicate by telling readers about Franklin's illness? Based on prior knowledge of Franklin's life, did you anticipate what the chapter ended up revealing?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the difference between denotation and connotation. How does this related to the word "wife" in terms of Eleanor's book?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)