|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
2. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
3. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
4. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
5. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
2. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
3. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
4. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
5. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
6. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
7. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
8. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
9. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
10. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the difference between denotation and connotation. How does this related to the word "wife" in terms of Eleanor's book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way Eleanor addressed the role of women in her book. Why did she choose to address this topic in particular? Did you learn anything about the role of women that you didn't know before?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor revealed much about the effects of World War I on American families and societies. What did you learn from her book regarding the lasting effects on World War I?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)