|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
2. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
3. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
4. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
5. In March 1944, where did Eleanor visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
2. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
3. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
4. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
5. Why was Eleanor concerned about Americans' perceptions of the Soviet Union?
6. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
7. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
8. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
9. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
10. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the tone of "The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt"? Why would Eleanor choose to write the book in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and information presented in the chapters?
Essay Topic 2
In many places in her book, Eleanor used imagery to describe certain people, places, or events. Using one specific example from Eleanor's book, describe how the imagery she provided adds to the reader's understanding and perception of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor indicated that setting in terms of the United States during WWII was significant to her experiences as a first lady. Describe what she said about this particular setting and what role place and time play in Eleanor's experiences as conveyed in the book.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)