|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appeals to the young girl inside her whose sense of abandonment has never disappeared?
2. During Eleanor's tenure as head of the League of Women Voters, who does she meet?
3. Through her affiliations and media connections, what does Eleanor do?
4. What does Eleanor find with which she can associate and fully support?
5. The marriage between Franklin and Eleanor is one of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor's mother-in-law is very controlling.
Part 1) How is she controlling? How does this reveal aspects of her personality?
Part 2) How does she compare to the other women in Eleanor's life?
Part 3) How does this woman affect Eleanor? How does she affect Eleanor's relationship with her husband and children?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor has an extramarital affair with Earl Miller.
Part 1) Describe this affair. Why does she have an affair with Earl?
Part 2) What makes this relationship surprising? What does it reflect about Eleanor?
Part 3) How does this relationship permanently change Eleanor? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Franklin's paralysis changes their marriage.
Part 1) How does Franklin become paralyzed? Knowing his personality from this book, how might this paralysis have affected him physically and mentally?
Part 2) How does his paralysis affect Eleanor? How does this change their relationship? Why does it change their relationship?
Part 3) To what other relationships does his paralysis lead for Eleanor? Explain.
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)