|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
2. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
3. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
4. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
5. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
2. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
3. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
4. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
5. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
6. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
7. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
8. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
9. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
10. What differences between life in the East and West did Eleanor notice after visiting Yalta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think was Eleanor's main goal in writing this book? What did she want readers to take away from the book, or to understand better after reading it?
Essay Topic 2
How did certain events in Eleanor's book evoke a climatic feeling? What is it about Franklin's death that evokes a sense of climax? Does it have anything to do with anticipation or what you already knew before you read Eleanor's book?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the difference between denotation and connotation. How does this related to the word "wife" in terms of Eleanor's book?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)