|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
2. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
3. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
4. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
5. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
2. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
3. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
4. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
5. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
6. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
7. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
8. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
9. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
10. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think was Eleanor's main goal in writing this book? What did she want readers to take away from the book, or to understand better after reading it?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eleanor and Franklin. How were they different? How were they the same?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of "The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt"? Why would Eleanor choose to write the book in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and information presented in the chapters?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)