|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
2. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in early 1945?
3. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
4. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
5. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
2. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
3. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
4. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
5. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
6. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
7. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
8. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
9. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
10. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect did being part of the presidential family have on Eleanor's book? How did it add to the information in the book?
Essay Topic 2
In many places in her book, Eleanor used imagery to describe certain people, places, or events. Using one specific example from Eleanor's book, describe how the imagery she provided adds to the reader's understanding and perception of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the difference between denotation and connotation. How does this related to the word "wife" in terms of Eleanor's book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)