|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
2. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
3. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
4. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
5. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
2. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
3. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
4. What differences between life in the East and West did Eleanor notice after visiting Yalta?
5. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
6. Why was Eleanor concerned about Americans' perceptions of the Soviet Union?
7. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
8. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
9. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
10. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the tone of "The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt"? Why would Eleanor choose to write the book in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and information presented in the chapters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the difference between denotation and connotation. How does this related to the word "wife" in terms of Eleanor's book?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think was Eleanor's main goal in writing this book? What did she want readers to take away from the book, or to understand better after reading it?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)