|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
2. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
3. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
4. In March 1944, where did Eleanor visit?
5. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
2. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
3. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
4. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
5. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
6. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
7. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
8. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
9. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
10. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Eleanor include specific details about her wedding to Franklin in her book? What do you think she was trying to communicate to readers about her early relationship with Franklin by doing so?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eleanor as a shy, young wife and Eleanor at the time the book ends. How did Eleanor's life change? How did she stay the same?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of "The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt"? Why would Eleanor choose to write the book in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and information presented in the chapters?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)