|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
2. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
3. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
4. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
5. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
2. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
3. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
4. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
5. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
6. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
7. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
8. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
9. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
10. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In many places in her book, Eleanor used imagery to describe certain people, places, or events. Using one specific example from Eleanor's book, describe how the imagery she provided adds to the reader's understanding and perception of her life.
Essay Topic 2
What is the tone of "The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt"? Why would Eleanor choose to write the book in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and information presented in the chapters?
Essay Topic 3
After Franklin's death, what organizations did Eleanor become involved with? Which of these do you think had the biggest impact on her personal development?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)