|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Anna when she was sent to boarding school?
2. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
3. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1932?
4. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
5. Where did Franklin attend law school?
Short Essay Questions
1. During her first years as First Lady, what seemed to have affected Eleanor the most as she made her trips around the United States?
2. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
3. Eleanor's role as a mother and wife changed a bit during WWI. What did she see as her main duties?
4. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
5. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
6. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
7. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
8. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
9. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
10. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Eleanor include foreshadowing in Chapter 11? What did Eleanor indicate by telling readers about Franklin's illness? Based on prior knowledge of Franklin's life, did you anticipate what the chapter ended up revealing?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Eleanor include specific details about her wedding to Franklin in her book? What do you think she was trying to communicate to readers about her early relationship with Franklin by doing so?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the loss of Eleanor's parents at a relatively early age may have had an impact on her? If so, how do you think it would have affected her life and the content she included in this book?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)