|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
2. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
3. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
4. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
5. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
2. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
3. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
4. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
5. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
6. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
7. How much of Eleanor's advice do you think Franklin took seriously? Why do you think that?
8. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
9. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
10. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Franklin's death, what organizations did Eleanor become involved with? Which of these do you think had the biggest impact on her personal development?
Essay Topic 2
How did certain events in Eleanor's book evoke a climatic feeling? What is it about Franklin's death that evokes a sense of climax? Does it have anything to do with anticipation or what you already knew before you read Eleanor's book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Eleanor as a shy, young wife and Eleanor at the time the book ends. How did Eleanor's life change? How did she stay the same?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)