Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does she study at this school?
2. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
3. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
4. How many suitors does Eleanor have?
5. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor find her new home?
2. How does Eleanor feel about visiting family homes? Why?
3. How does Franklin's mother feel about the relationship?
4. What happens to Elliott after he spends time in French institutions?
5. Where does Eleanor find relief from her worries?
6. How does Eleanor encourage women to stand up for their rights and the rights of their children?
7. How do others view Lorena?
8. How does Eleanor's tenure as head of the League of Women Voters affect her?
9. How does Eleanor feel about becoming the First Lady? What complicates her new life?
10. How does Souvestre treat Eleanor?
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of self-knowledge in this book.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What has she learned about herself throughout the period of time in this book?
Part 2) How has one event, challenge, or friendship led to a gain in understanding her identity?
Part 3) How does her gain in self-knowledge coincide with changes in her personality and opinions? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
This book illuminates details about Eleanor's background.
Part 1) Describe her background. How does her background reflect her personality?
Part 2) How does her background affect decisions she makes later in life?
Part 3) What about Eleanor's life was surprising to you? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor's mother-in-law is very controlling.
Part 1) How is she controlling? How does this reveal aspects of her personality?
Part 2) How does she compare to the other women in Eleanor's life?
Part 3) How does this woman affect Eleanor? How does she affect Eleanor's relationship with her husband and children?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)