Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does she study at this school?
2. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
3. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
4. How many suitors does Eleanor have?
5. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor find her new home?
2. How does Eleanor feel about visiting family homes? Why?
3. How does Franklin's mother feel about the relationship?
4. What happens to Elliott after he spends time in French institutions?
5. Where does Eleanor find relief from her worries?
6. How does Eleanor encourage women to stand up for their rights and the rights of their children?
7. How do others view Lorena?
8. How does Eleanor's tenure as head of the League of Women Voters affect her?
9. How does Eleanor feel about becoming the First Lady? What complicates her new life?
10. How does Souvestre treat Eleanor?
Literary devices are used.
Part 1) What literary devices are used? How are they used? Why are they used?
Part 2) How do they make this biography more interesting to read?
Part 3) How do these literary devices make Eleanor's life and this biography easier to understand?
Franklin's paralysis changes their marriage.
Part 1) How does Franklin become paralyzed? Knowing his personality from this book, how might this paralysis have affected him physically and mentally?
Part 2) How does his paralysis affect Eleanor? How does this change their relationship? Why does it change their relationship?
Part 3) To what other relationships does his paralysis lead for Eleanor? Explain.
Franklin's infidelity leads Eleanor into a pivotal point in her life.
Part 1) Describe Franklin's infidelity. How does it initially affect Eleanor? How does she deal with it?
Part 2) How is the statue by which she thinks act as a symbol? How does this statue help her heal?
Part 3) How does her life change during this time in her life? Why is it so pivotal?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)