|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
2. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
3. What did the Roosevelts create that promoted employment?
4. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
5. What was held in Houston in 1928?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
2. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
3. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
4. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
5. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
6. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
7. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
8. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
9. How did the relationship between Eleanor and Franklin evolve?
10. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor used a narrative point of view throughout her entire book, as it is an autobiography. What are the pros and cons of using this point of view in this particular situation?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think the loss of Eleanor's parents at a relatively early age may have had an impact on her? If so, how do you think it would have affected her life and the content she included in this book?
Essay Topic 3
After Franklin's death, what organizations did Eleanor become involved with? Which of these do you think had the biggest impact on her personal development?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)