Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does she study at this school?
2. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
3. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
4. How many suitors does Eleanor have?
5. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor find her new home?
2. How does Eleanor feel about visiting family homes? Why?
3. How does Franklin's mother feel about the relationship?
4. What happens to Elliott after he spends time in French institutions?
5. Where does Eleanor find relief from her worries?
6. How does Eleanor encourage women to stand up for their rights and the rights of their children?
7. How do others view Lorena?
8. How does Eleanor's tenure as head of the League of Women Voters affect her?
9. How does Eleanor feel about becoming the First Lady? What complicates her new life?
10. How does Souvestre treat Eleanor?
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor's mother's disapproval pervades Eleanor's life.
Part 1) Why did Eleanor's mother disapprove of her? Why was their relationship so difficult?
Part 2) Why has Anna' disapproval pervaded Eleanor's entire life? Why was Eleanor unable to resolve this conflict with her mother?
Part 3) If Eleanor could have spoken with her mother after her mother's death, what would Anna have said to Eleanor? How might it have changed Eleanor's life, her view of herself, and her relationships with others?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor writes an article called "Ten Rules for Success in Marriage."
Part 1) Why might she have written this article? How might she have felt about writing this article? Why?
Part 2) What is ironic about this article and the events taking place in her personal life? Would you consider her a hypocrite? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would you say she has a successful marriage? Why or why not? How might she think it is a successful marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor has an extramarital affair with Lorena Hickok.
Part 1) Who is Lorena Hickok? How do Eleanor and Lorena become friends? How does an affair occur between these two women?
Part 2) Compare Eleanor's relationship with Franklin and her relationship with Lorena. What exists in this relationship that does not exist in Eleanor's relationship with Franklin? Could this exist between her and Franklin? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would this marriage and extramarital affair have taken place if it had taken place today? How might the situation have occurred differently today?
This section contains 2,035 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)