|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1932?
2. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
3. Where was Eleanor appalled at the living conditions of residents?
4. How did Eleanor feel in public situations in the early part of her marriage?
5. What did the Roosevelts create that promoted employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
2. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
3. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
4. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
5. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
6. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
7. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
8. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
9. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
10. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor revealed much about the effects of World War I on American families and societies. What did you learn from her book regarding the lasting effects on World War I?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eleanor as a shy, young wife and Eleanor at the time the book ends. How did Eleanor's life change? How did she stay the same?
Essay Topic 3
What effect did being part of the presidential family have on Eleanor's book? How did it add to the information in the book?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)