|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
2. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
3. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
4. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
5. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
2. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
3. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
4. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
5. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
6. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
7. Why do you think it was the hardest for Eleanor to send her youngest child to boarding school?
8. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
9. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
10. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Eleanor and Franklin. How were they different? How were they the same?
Essay Topic 2
What effect did being part of the presidential family have on Eleanor's book? How did it add to the information in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of "The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt"? Why would Eleanor choose to write the book in this type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way the reader perceives the characters and information presented in the chapters?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)