Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does she study at this school?
2. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
3. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
4. How many suitors does Eleanor have?
5. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor find her new home?
2. How does Eleanor feel about visiting family homes? Why?
3. How does Franklin's mother feel about the relationship?
4. What happens to Elliott after he spends time in French institutions?
5. Where does Eleanor find relief from her worries?
6. How does Eleanor encourage women to stand up for their rights and the rights of their children?
7. How do others view Lorena?
8. How does Eleanor's tenure as head of the League of Women Voters affect her?
9. How does Eleanor feel about becoming the First Lady? What complicates her new life?
10. How does Souvestre treat Eleanor?
Eleanor hungers for intellectual stimulation.
Part 1) How long has she hungered for this? How does she feed this hunger?
Part 2) How do those with whom she holds intellectual conversations reflect her childhood and school experience?
Part 3) How does this need for intellectual growth cause conflict between her and Franklin? How does this conflict affect their marriage? Might there have been a remedy for this conflict? Why or why not?
Eleanor's mother's disapproval pervades Eleanor's life.
Part 1) Why did Eleanor's mother disapprove of her? Why was their relationship so difficult?
Part 2) Why has Anna' disapproval pervaded Eleanor's entire life? Why was Eleanor unable to resolve this conflict with her mother?
Part 3) If Eleanor could have spoken with her mother after her mother's death, what would Anna have said to Eleanor? How might it have changed Eleanor's life, her view of herself, and her relationships with others?
Eleanor's mother-in-law is very controlling.
Part 1) How is she controlling? How does this reveal aspects of her personality?
Part 2) How does she compare to the other women in Eleanor's life?
Part 3) How does this woman affect Eleanor? How does she affect Eleanor's relationship with her husband and children?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)