|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor do after her formal duties at the UN ended?
(a) Spent more time with her grandchildren.
(b) Wrote a novel.
(c) Volunteered for the American Association.
(d) Developed a non-profit in memory of Franklin.
2. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
(a) Hosting a luncheon.
(b) Folding laundry.
(c) Assisting at a homeless shelter.
(d) Putting her children to bed.
3. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
(a) The French.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The Cubans.
4. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
(a) The Yalta conference.
(b) The birth of a child.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) A meeting with Churchill.
5. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In March 1944, where did Eleanor visit?
2. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
3. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
4. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
5. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
2. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
3. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
4. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
5. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
6. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
7. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
8. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
9. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
10. What differences between life in the East and West did Eleanor notice after visiting Yalta?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)