|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
(b) South Carolina.
2. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
(a) The Yalta conference.
(b) A meeting with Churchill.
(c) The birth of a child.
(d) His mother's death.
3. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(b) The king of England.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Prince Charles.
4. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
5. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
(b) Eleanor's secretary.
(c) Future Travels, Inc.
(d) The American ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin die of?
2. How long did Eleanor's trip to the Soviet Union last, in 1957?
3. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
4. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
5. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
2. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
3. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
4. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
5. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
6. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
7. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
8. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
9. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
10. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)