|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
2. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Putting her children to bed.
(c) Assisting at a homeless shelter.
(d) Hosting a luncheon.
3. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
(a) Poor health and poverty.
(b) Excessive wealth.
(c) A strong sense of culture.
(d) Kind and generous people.
4. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
(a) Franklin, Jr., and his wife.
(b) Eleanor's aunts and uncles.
(c) Johnny's wife and children.
(d) Franklin's childhood best friend.
5. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
2. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
3. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
4. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
5. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
2. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
3. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
4. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
5. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
6. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
7. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
8. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
9. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
10. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)