|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She liked to shop the sales.
(b) Franklin was a big eater.
(c) She had a fear of running out of food.
(d) She never knew who would show up.
2. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(b) Single parent families.
(c) War refugees.
3. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) She heard it on the radio.
(b) An usher.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) Her housekeeper.
4. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
(b) Georgy Malenkov.
5. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
(a) Eleanor's secretary.
(c) Future Travels, Inc.
(d) The American ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
2. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
3. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
4. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
5. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
2. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
3. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
4. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
5. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
6. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
7. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
8. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
9. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
10. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)