|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
(a) Realizing how little mental health care people receive.
(b) Being away from Franklin.
(c) Seeing poor sanitation.
(d) Visiting the hospitals.
2. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(a) Hong Kong.
3. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
4. How long did Eleanor's trip to the Soviet Union last, in 1957?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What did Eleanor do after her formal duties at the UN ended?
(a) Wrote a novel.
(b) Spent more time with her grandchildren.
(c) Volunteered for the American Association.
(d) Developed a non-profit in memory of Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
2. In March 1944, where did Eleanor visit?
3. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
4. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
5. Where did Churchill and Franklin meet Stalin during WWII?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
2. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
3. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
4. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
5. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
6. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
7. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
8. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
9. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
10. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)