|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(b) War refugees.
(c) Single parent families.
2. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(b) Eleanor does not say.
(c) Indira Gandhi.
3. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
4. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
5. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
2. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
3. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
4. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
5. Which of the following countries separated from India?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
2. Why was Eleanor concerned about Americans' perceptions of the Soviet Union?
3. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
4. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
5. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
6. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
7. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
8. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
9. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
10. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)