|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin die of?
(a) A brain hemorrhage.
(c) Liver failure.
(d) A diabetic attack.
2. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
3. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
(a) Because the war worsened and he was not able to go.
(b) He fell ill at the last minute.
(c) He wanted to have control over the others.
(d) Because he didn't agree with Madame Chiang.
4. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(b) Prince Charles.
(c) The king of England.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
5. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) Her children.
(b) Other Westerners.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
2. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
3. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
4. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
5. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
2. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
3. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
4. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
5. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
6. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
7. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
8. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
9. Why was Eleanor concerned about Americans' perceptions of the Soviet Union?
10. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)