|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
2. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
3. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
4. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
(a) A library.
(b) An art museum.
(c) A gymnasium.
(d) The Roosevelt's new home.
5. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Woodrow Wilson's.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(c) Adlai Stevenson's
(d) Franklin, Jr's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
2. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
3. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
4. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
5. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
2. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
3. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
4. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
5. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
6. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
7. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
8. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
9. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
10. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)