|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The transition from colonization to independence.
(d) The leaders of the country.
2. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
(a) The impending war.
(b) The numbers of casualties.
(c) De Gaulle.
3. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
4. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
(a) Seeing poor sanitation.
(b) Being away from Franklin.
(c) Visiting the hospitals.
(d) Realizing how little mental health care people receive.
5. Which of the following countries separated from India?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Franklin buried?
2. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
3. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
4. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
5. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
2. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
3. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
4. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
5. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
6. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
7. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
8. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
9. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
10. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)