|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franklin do when he joins his family for the summer?
(a) He plays the convivial host to the group of guests.
(b) He grows closer to his wife.
(c) He spends much of his time in solitude.
(d) He realizes how long he has been away from his family.
2. Where does Eleanor find comfort here?
(a) Near the special statue called Grief.
(b) In the company of nature.
(c) Near God.
(d) In the company of the people in the shop.
3. How are the days of gaiety brought to a somber close?
(a) When World War I begins.
(b) When World War II begins.
(c) When the U.S. Stock Market crashes.
(d) When Franklin loses his run for Vice President.
4. In what does Eleanor encourage her daughter, Anna, to engage?
(a) The debutante rituals of the wealthy.
(b) Political events.
(c) Community organizations.
(d) Organizations involved in the promotion of women.
5. What does Earl orchestrate successfully?
(a) A surgery to help Franklin gain more mobility in his legs.
(b) A dinner at the mansion for the Democratic Party.
(c) A photo session with an Atlanta newspaper in which Franklin is shown riding horses at Warm Springs, Georgia.
(d) A weekend getaway for the couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor believe about Franklin's political life?
2. What does Eleanor do at this time regarding women?
3. Eventually, Eleanor emerges from this period with what phrases that will become her guideposts?
4. The marriage between Franklin and Eleanor is one of what?
5. In what do these two delight?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)