|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
(a) She felt more at home in the Soviet Union.
(b) People dressed better.
(c) More creativity was found in the arts of the Soviet Union.
(d) People were less able to speak freely.
2. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
3. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
(a) Because he didn't agree with Madame Chiang.
(b) He wanted to have control over the others.
(c) Because the war worsened and he was not able to go.
(d) He fell ill at the last minute.
4. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(b) St. Petersburg.
5. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Eleanor does not say.
(b) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(c) Indira Gandhi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
2. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
3. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
4. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
5. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
2. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
3. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
4. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
5. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
6. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
7. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
8. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
9. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
10. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)