|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
2. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
(a) She felt more at home in the Soviet Union.
(b) More creativity was found in the arts of the Soviet Union.
(c) People were less able to speak freely.
(d) People dressed better.
3. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
4. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) Other Westerners.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The President.
(d) Her children.
5. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
2. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
3. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
4. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
5. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
2. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
3. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
4. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
5. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
6. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
7. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
8. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
9. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
10. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)