|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in early 1945?
(a) He needed more naps.
(b) He wanted to talk more.
(c) He was more irritable.
(d) He stayed up late at night.
2. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
3. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
(a) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(b) The American ambassador.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) The queen.
4. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
(a) Kind and generous people.
(b) Excessive wealth.
(c) Poor health and poverty.
(d) A strong sense of culture.
5. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She had a fear of running out of food.
(b) Franklin was a big eater.
(c) She liked to shop the sales.
(d) She never knew who would show up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
2. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
3. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
4. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
5. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
2. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
3. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
4. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
5. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
6. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
7. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
8. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
9. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
10. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)