|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
(a) President and Mrs. Truman.
(b) No one.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her sisters.
2. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
(a) Her son and his family.
(b) The government.
(c) An organization for poor people.
(d) She kept it and rented it out.
3. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
4. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
5. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) The YWCA.
(b) An elementary school.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Junior League.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
2. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
3. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
4. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
5. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
2. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
3. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
4. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
5. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
6. What changes did Eleanor notice in Franklin in March 1945?
7. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
8. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
9. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
10. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)