|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin die of?
(b) A brain hemorrhage.
(c) Liver failure.
(d) A diabetic attack.
2. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
(a) Because the war worsened and he was not able to go.
(b) He wanted to have control over the others.
(c) Because he didn't agree with Madame Chiang.
(d) He fell ill at the last minute.
3. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
(a) Human Rights.
(b) International Justice.
(c) Peace and Reconciliation.
(d) Equal Opportunity.
4. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(c) St. Petersburg.
5. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was in a coma.
(c) He fainted.
(d) He was in poor health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
2. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
3. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
4. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
5. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor react to adjusting to a life without Franklin?
2. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
3. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
4. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
5. Which heads of state visited Eleanor and Franklin in the White House?
6. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
7. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
8. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
9. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
10. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)