|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(b) Franklin, Jr's.
(c) Woodrow Wilson's.
(d) Adlai Stevenson's
2. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
(a) Johnny's wife and children.
(b) Franklin, Jr., and his wife.
(c) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(d) Eleanor's aunts and uncles.
3. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
(a) De Gaulle.
(b) The numbers of casualties.
(d) The impending war.
4. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(b) Indira Gandhi.
(d) Eleanor does not say.
5. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
(a) The Marshal.
(b) The President.
(c) Josip BrozTito.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
2. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
3. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
4. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
5. Who was responsible for investigating groups with Communist affiliations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
2. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
3. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
4. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
5. Why was Eleanor concerned about Americans' perceptions of the Soviet Union?
6. What differences between life in the East and West did Eleanor notice after visiting Yalta?
7. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
8. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
9. What did Eleanor learn about Hong Kong in the mid-1950s?
10. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)