|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Eleanor's formal duties at the UN end?
(a) When Republicans took power.
(b) When she made enough money.
(c) When she decided to retire.
(d) When she became ill.
2. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
(a) A strong sense of culture.
(b) Poor health and poverty.
(c) Kind and generous people.
(d) Excessive wealth.
3. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) Her housekeeper.
(b) An usher.
(c) She heard it on the radio.
(d) A homeless man.
4. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(c) St. Petersburg.
5. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
2. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
3. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
4. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
5. Who died in April 1953?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
2. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
3. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
4. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
5. Why do you think Eleanor took her granddaughter around the world at such a young age?
6. What differences between life in the East and West did Eleanor notice after visiting Yalta?
7. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
8. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
9. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
10. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)