|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Franklin's condition?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It improves greatly.
(c) It improves.
(d) It deteriorates.
2. What does Eleanor's presence on the campaign tour do?
(a) It squelches rumors of the couple's divorce.
(b) It encourages voters to listen to Franklin.
(c) It begins rumors of the couple's divorce.
(d) It confuses people who do not know her.
3. During the summer of 1919, where does Eleanor reside?
(a) At Hyde Park.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Albany.
(d) In Arlington.
4. What appeals to the young girl inside her whose sense of abandonment has never disappeared?
(a) Earl's physical prowess.
(b) Earl's almost chivalric respect and protection of Eleanor.
(c) Earl's strong attachment to her.
(d) Earl's desire of her.
5. What does Franklin do when he joins his family for the summer?
(a) He grows closer to his wife.
(b) He spends much of his time in solitude.
(c) He plays the convivial host to the group of guests.
(d) He realizes how long he has been away from his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. From this point, what kind of position does Eleanor adopt?
2. During the autumn of the year, Eleanor resumes her Washington life and enters a satisfying period of promoting women's rights, second only to what?
3. For what does this relationship allow?
4. Later that afternoon, of what does Franklin complain?
5. During Eleanor's recovery and the rebuilding of her marriage, what does she frequent?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)