|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
(a) Johnny's wife and children.
(b) Franklin, Jr., and his wife.
(c) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(d) Eleanor's aunts and uncles.
2. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
3. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
4. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
5. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) Her husband.
(b) Other Westerners.
(c) Her children.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin die of?
2. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
3. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
4. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
5. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
2. Do you think Eleanor traveled too much in the years following Franklin's death? Describe why.
3. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
4. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
5. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
6. How did Eleanor's work with the UN impact her interest in the Soviet Union?
7. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
8. Describe the process of approving the International Bill of Rights.
9. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
10. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)