|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Anna when Eleanor is born?
2. What happens early in Anna and Elliot's marriage?
(a) A big move.
(b) An increase in wealth.
(c) A strong bonding experience.
3. What does Eleanor remember during this period of her life?
(a) Feeling confused.
(b) Feeling free from parental control.
(c) Feeling completely abandoned.
(d) Feeling annoyed that her parents did not pay attention to her.
4. What happens for the first time in Eleanor's married life?
(a) She experiences confidence in managing her own household and children.
(b) She feels alone.
(c) She feels pressure to act a certain way.
(d) She has servants to do much of the work.
5. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
(a) The time she spent with her cousins.
(b) Her father's addictions.
(c) The impact of Eleanor's mother's death.
(d) The loss of her family's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does she meet him?
2. What does Sara completely take over?
3. From what country is her instructor?
4. How does Eleanor describe her mother?
5. Of what does Sara approve of Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franklin and Eleanor's relationship.
2. How does Eleanor raise her children? What does Sara think about Eleanor's child-rearing techniques?
3. How is Anna Roosevelt compared to Eleanor?
4. How does Eleanor feel about becoming the First Lady? What complicates her new life?
5. What is Eleanor's personal philosophy? How does it help others?
6. How are Eleanor's efforts directed?
7. How do Elliott and Eleanor keep in touch? What happens to Elliott?
8. What hope of Eleanor's is dashed? Why?
9. How does Eleanor gain Lorena's respect?
10. How does Eleanor like school?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)