|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Elliott encourage Eleanor?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her desire for her own weatlh.
(c) Her search for a suitable husband.
(d) Her study of the arts.
2. Of what does Eleanor's relationship with her beloved father consist?
(a) Brief visits and lyrical letters.
(b) Frequent visits.
(c) Phone calls and e-mails.
(d) Brief letters.
3. With whom do Eleanor and her brothers live?
(a) Their maternal grandfather and their mother's brothers.
(b) Their paternal grandfather and their father's brothers.
(c) Their maternal grandmother and their mother's sisters.
(d) Their paternal grandmother and their father's sisters.
4. Describe Eleanor's personality.
(a) Sickly and tired.
(b) Willful and independent.
(c) Angry and depressed.
(d) Shy and quiet.
5. Why does Eleanor have her first experience at a Democratic National Convention?
(a) Franklin decides to become a Democrat.
(b) Franklin declares his support of Woodrow Wilson over President Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) She travels with the wives of other political leaders.
(d) She has decided to run for office as a Democrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor describe her mother?
2. What happens between Eleanor and her teacher?
3. How does she adapt to this school?
4. How is Elliott compared to his brother?
5. What reinforces their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor encourage women during the Great Depression?
2. What happens when Elliott returns to New York?
3. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's marriage while he is governor?
4. How are Eleanor's efforts directed?
5. How does Eleanor encourage women to stand up for their rights and the rights of their children?
6. What aspects of Eleanor's life are included in this biography?
7. What helps Eleanor recover from her husband's betrayal?
8. Describe the period of time around Eleanor's birth.
9. Where do Eleanor and her siblings grow up?
10. How does Eleanor raise her children? What does Sara think about Eleanor's child-rearing techniques?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)