|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
(a) Her sister.
(c) Mlle. Souvestre.
(d) Grandmother Hall.
2. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
3. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) Drinking water.
(c) Contaminated fish.
(d) They aren't sure.
4. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
(a) The Good Friends Policy.
(b) The Good Neighbor Policy.
(c) The Camaraderie Policy.
(d) The Ambassadorial Policy.
5. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Calvin Coolidge.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
2. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
3. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
4. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
5. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
2. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
3. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
4. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
5. How much of Eleanor's advice do you think Franklin took seriously? Why do you think that?
6. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
7. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
8. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
9. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
10. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)