|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about this living arrangement?
(a) Eleanor feels more at home than she ever felt living with her parents.
(b) Eleanor has never spent so much time with men.
(c) Eleanor felt more at home with her distraught parents than she does here.
(d) Eleanor felt more comfortable in the foster home.
2. Eventually, what is Elliott beginning to do?
(a) Master his substance abuse and emotional problems.
(b) Lose interest in his family.
(c) Lose is mental stability.
(d) Become more addicted.
3. Where has Anna moved?
(a) In with her family.
(b) To France to be close to her husband.
(c) To a different house.
(d) To a different city.
4. How does Eleanor describe her mother?
(a) A woman who never loved her.
(b) A woman who she never understood.
(c) One of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.
(d) One of the most annoying and irritatiing women she has ever known.
5. What makes the Roosevelts one of Washington's most dynamic couples?
(a) Their commanding presence.
(b) Their intelligence and outgoing personalities.
(c) Their youth, wealth, and energy.
(d) Their wealth and prestige.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country is her instructor?
2. Why does Eleanor feel this way?
3. How could this instructor be described?
4. What do Eleanor and her teacher do together?
5. What is short-lived in Eleanor's life, after her mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor encourage women to stand up for their rights and the rights of their children?
2. How influential is Souvestre in Eleanor's life?
3. How is Anna different from her mother?
4. What happens when Elliott returns to New York?
5. What happens to Elliott after he spends time in French institutions?
6. About what is this biography?
7. What is significant about Eleanor and Franklin's eighth wedding anniversary?
8. How does Eleanor feel about visiting family homes? Why?
9. How does Franklin's mother feel about the relationship?
10. Describe Eleanor's move to Washington, D.C.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)