|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) Franklin broke his leg.
(b) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
(c) Eleanor fell ill.
(d) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
2. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) Aunt Bye.
(d) Franklin's mother.
3. Where did Franklin attend law school?
4. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(d) New York.
5. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(d) Hyde Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
2. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
3. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
4. Why was the First Lady able to travel without being recognized?
5. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
2. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
3. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
4. How did the relationship between Eleanor and Franklin evolve?
5. Eleanor's role as a mother and wife changed a bit during WWI. What did she see as her main duties?
6. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
7. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
8. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
9. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
10. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)