|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
(a) Les Ruches.
(b) None of the answers is correct..
2. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
3. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
4. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
(a) Eleanor's sisters.
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(c) Aunt Pussie.
5. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sunshade.
(c) A fancy coat.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city did the Roosevelts move in 1913?
2. Did Eleanor actively campaign in Franklin's campaign for re-election in 1936?
3. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
4. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
5. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
2. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
3. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
4. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
5. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
6. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
7. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
8. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
9. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
10. Eleanor's role as a mother and wife changed a bit during WWI. What did she see as her main duties?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)