|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(b) Hyde Park.
2. What sort of problem did Elliott Roosevelt have?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He was a gambler.
(d) He was too generous.
3. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(b) New York.
4. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(b) New York.
(c) South Africa.
5. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(a) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
2. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
3. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
4. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
5. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
2. During her first years as First Lady, what seemed to have affected Eleanor the most as she made her trips around the United States?
3. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
4. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
5. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
6. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
7. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
8. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
9. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
10. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)