|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
(a) Woman's Day.
(b) Ladies' Home Journal.
(c) Better Homes and Gardens.
(d) Woman's Home Companion.
2. Why was the First Lady able to travel without being recognized?
(a) She always wore a disguise.
(b) There was no television.
(c) She was plain.
(d) She prohibited anyone from taking pictures of her.
3. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(d) State senator.
4. What occurred at the 1920 Democratic convention?
(a) A meeting with European forces.
(b) Franklin fell ill.
(c) Franklin was nominated for vice president.
(d) Woodrow Wilson was elected president.
5. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A sunshade.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fancy coat.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
2. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
3. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
4. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
5. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
2. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
3. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
4. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
5. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
6. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
7. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
8. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
9. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
10. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)