|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(c) South Africa.
(d) New York.
2. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(c) A sanitarium.
(d) Law school.
3. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A sunshade.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A fancy coat.
4. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
(a) Aunt Pussie.
(c) Eleanor's sisters.
(d) Eleanor's mother.
5. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Alfred Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
2. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
3. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
4. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
5. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
2. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
3. During her first years as First Lady, what seemed to have affected Eleanor the most as she made her trips around the United States?
4. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
5. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
6. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
7. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
8. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
9. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
10. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)