|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Calvin Coolidge.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
2. How old was Eleanor when Franklin proposed to her?
3. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
4. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Alfred Smith.
5. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
(b) Eleanor fell ill.
(c) Franklin broke his leg.
(d) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of problem did Elliott Roosevelt have?
2. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
3. How did the social structure in Washington change after the war began?
4. What did Eleanor and Franklin always have together after she returned from a trip?
5. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
2. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
3. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
4. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
5. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
6. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
7. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
8. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
9. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
10. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)