|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
2. Where was the 1920 Democratic convention held?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
3. What sort of problem did Elliott Roosevelt have?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He was a gambler.
(c) He was too generous.
(d) He drank too much.
4. Which of the following was not a type of lesson Eleanor took?
(a) French lessons.
(b) Dancing lessons.
(c) Sports lessons.
(d) Sewing lessons.
5. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
(b) Aunt Pussie's.
(c) Aunt Bye's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor and Franklin always have together after she returned from a trip?
2. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
3. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
4. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
5. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
2. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
3. During her first years as First Lady, what seemed to have affected Eleanor the most as she made her trips around the United States?
4. What sorts of activities did Eleanor become involved in when the family moved to New York?
5. Eleanor's role as a mother and wife changed a bit during WWI. What did she see as her main duties?
6. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
7. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
8. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
9. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
10. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)