|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) New York City.
2. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
(a) Woman's Day.
(b) Woman's Home Companion.
(c) Better Homes and Gardens.
(d) Ladies' Home Journal.
3. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York City.
4. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(d) Hyde Park.
5. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend the summer with Franklin's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
2. What did the Roosevelts create that promoted employment?
3. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
4. Where did Franklin attend law school?
5. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
2. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
3. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
4. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
5. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
6. What sorts of activities did Eleanor become involved in when the family moved to New York?
7. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
8. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
9. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
10. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)