|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(c) Law school.
(d) A sanitarium.
2. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) An elementary school.
(b) A law office.
(d) The Junior League.
3. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
(a) St. David's School.
(b) The Todhunter School.
4. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(b) New York.
5. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(b) Contaminated fish.
(c) Drinking water.
(d) They aren't sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
2. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
3. Who else was on the Roosevelts' ship when they sailed home?
4. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
5. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
2. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
3. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
4. What sorts of activities did Eleanor become involved in when the family moved to New York?
5. During her first years as First Lady, what seemed to have affected Eleanor the most as she made her trips around the United States?
6. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
7. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
8. Why do you think it was the hardest for Eleanor to send her youngest child to boarding school?
9. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
10. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)