|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(a) New York City.
2. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
(b) Hyde Park.
(d) Las Vegas.
3. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
(a) Franklin's mother.
(c) Aunt Bye.
(d) A housekeeper.
4. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
(a) Woman's Day.
(b) Better Homes and Gardens.
(c) Ladies' Home Journal.
(d) Woman's Home Companion.
5. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(a) State senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
2. From what did Ellie die?
3. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
4. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
5. Where was Eleanor appalled at the living conditions of residents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
2. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
3. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
4. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
5. Eleanor's role as a mother and wife changed a bit during WWI. What did she see as her main duties?
6. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
7. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
8. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
9. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
10. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)