|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
2. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(b) New York City.
3. What sort of problem did Elliott Roosevelt have?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He was too generous.
(c) He was a gambler.
(d) He drank too much.
4. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(a) Law school.
(d) A sanitarium.
5. What did Eleanor and Franklin always have together after she returned from a trip?
(a) A dance.
(b) A date night out.
(c) An uninterrupted meal.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 1920 Democratic convention held?
2. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
3. What year was the Armistice signed?
4. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
5. To what city did the Roosevelts move in 1913?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
2. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
3. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
4. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
5. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
6. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
7. How much of Eleanor's advice do you think Franklin took seriously? Why do you think that?
8. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
9. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
10. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)