|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(c) Grandmother Hall.
(d) Eleanor's younger brother.
2. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sunshade.
(c) A fancy coat.
(d) A knife.
3. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(d) Hyde Park.
4. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
(b) Braces and crutches.
(c) Eleanor's arm.
5. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
(a) Dorothea Dix.
(b) Gloria Steinem.
(c) Jane Addams.
(d) Elizabeth Read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a type of lesson Eleanor took?
2. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
3. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
4. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
5. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the summers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
2. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
3. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
4. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
5. How did the relationship between Eleanor and Franklin evolve?
6. How much of Eleanor's advice do you think Franklin took seriously? Why do you think that?
7. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
8. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
9. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
10. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)