|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Decided to run for president.
(b) Started an accounting practice.
(c) Formed a law firm.
(d) Spent more time with his family.
2. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A fancy coat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sunshade.
3. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Nursed Franklin back to health.
(b) Took care of her oldest children.
(c) Worked in radio.
(d) Wrote in a journal.
4. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
5. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the summers?
(a) The Jersey shore.
(c) Washington, DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
2. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
3. Where was the 1920 Democratic convention held?
4. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
5. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
2. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
3. What sorts of travel experiences did Eleanor have as a young girl?
4. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
5. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
6. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
7. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
8. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
9. Eleanor's role as a mother and wife changed a bit during WWI. What did she see as her main duties?
10. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)