|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was held in Houston in 1928?
(a) The Democratic Convention.
(b) The Republican Caucus.
(c) The World's Fair.
(d) It is unclear.
2. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(a) A sanitarium.
(b) Law school.
3. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
(a) Warm Springs.
(c) New York City.
(d) The Democratic Convention.
4. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
(a) The Ambassadorial Policy.
(b) The Good Friends Policy.
(c) The Good Neighbor Policy.
(d) The Camaraderie Policy.
5. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) Contaminated fish.
(b) They aren't sure.
(d) Drinking water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Roosevelts create that promoted employment?
2. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
3. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
4. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
5. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
2. How did the structure of social life change when the United States entered WWI?
3. What sorts of activities did Eleanor become involved in when the family moved to New York?
4. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
5. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
6. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
7. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
8. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
9. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
10. How much of Eleanor's advice do you think Franklin took seriously? Why do you think that?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)