|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A sunshade.
(b) A fancy coat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
2. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) Extended family moved there.
(b) It had fun places to vacation.
(c) It was a new tourist attraction.
(d) Because of Franklin's health.
3. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(b) State senator.
4. How long was Eleanor's campaign trip with Franklin in 1920?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) One hundred days.
5. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Nursed Franklin back to health.
(b) Took care of her oldest children.
(c) Wrote in a journal.
(d) Worked in radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Eleanor live with after her mother died?
2. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
3. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
4. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
5. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
2. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
3. Eleanor and Franklin were cousins. During the early 1900's, how socially acceptable was the practice of dating and marrying a cousin?
4. Describe Eleanor's increasing independence in Chapter 8.
5. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
6. Describe the process of how Franklin was elected governor of New York, including the Democratic Convention.
7. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
8. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
9. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
10. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)