|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the winters?
(c) New York City.
2. Where did Franklin attend law school?
3. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Aunt Pussie.
5. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
(b) It is not said.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
2. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
3. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
4. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
5. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
2. Why do you think it was the hardest for Eleanor to send her youngest child to boarding school?
3. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
4. What sorts of activities did Eleanor become involved in when the family moved to New York?
5. Describe Eleanor and Franklin's wedding.
6. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
7. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
8. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
9. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
10. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)