|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
(a) New York.
(b) On vacation in the Caribbean.
(c) At home.
2. How old was Anna when she was sent to boarding school?
(b) It is unclear.
3. To what city did the Roosevelts move in 1913?
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York City.
4. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
(a) Caring for their children.
(b) A lecture tour in the US.
(c) Learning how to be a social worker.
(d) Visiting heads of state in Europe.
5. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
2. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
3. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
4. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
5. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
Short Essay Questions
1. During her first years as First Lady, what seemed to have affected Eleanor the most as she made her trips around the United States?
2. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
3. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
4. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
5. How much of Eleanor's advice do you think Franklin took seriously? Why do you think that?
6. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
7. Eleanor's role as a mother and wife changed a bit during WWI. What did she see as her main duties?
8. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
9. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
10. What sorts of activities did Eleanor become involved in when the family moved to New York?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)