|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor describe her mother?
(a) One of the most annoying and irritatiing women she has ever known.
(b) A woman who never loved her.
(c) A woman who she never understood.
(d) One of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.
2. Before long, how does Eleanor begin to establish herself?
(a) As a traditional wife.
(b) As a shy woman.
(c) As a politician's wife.
(d) As an odd woman.
3. Describe Eleanor's personality.
(a) Willful and independent.
(b) Angry and depressed.
(c) Sickly and tired.
(d) Shy and quiet.
4. Of what does Eleanor have many?
5. Who gives away the bride?
(a) John Roosevelt.
(b) James Roosevelt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) President Theodore Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elliott seek help?
2. Where is this school?
3. Where has Anna moved?
4. Eventually, what is Elliott beginning to do?
5. What officially separates Franklin and Eleanor from Theodore Roosevelt's political position and establishes Franklin as an important voice in the Democratic Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franklin and Eleanor's relationship.
2. With what does Eleanor emerge from the period in her life after Franklin's betrayal?
3. Describe Eleanor's move to Washington, D.C.
4. How does Eleanor earn respect?
5. What aspects of Eleanor's life are included in this biography?
6. How does Eleanor feel about visiting family homes? Why?
7. How does Souvestre treat Eleanor?
8. What does Eleanor do in the wake of the tragedy?
9. How is life for women in politics in the 1920s?
10. How does Eleanor fit into New York society?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)