|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does she study at this school?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve years.
2. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
(a) He spends his inheritance.
(b) He begs Eleanor's grandmother to let him move in.
(c) Complications from alcoholism.
(d) He is shot in a bar.
3. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
(a) Someone to run her household.
(b) An investigator to look into Eleanor's background.
(d) The servants.
4. How many suitors does Eleanor have?
(a) Not many.
(b) A fair amount.
5. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
(a) The impact of Eleanor's mother's death.
(b) Her father's addictions.
(c) The loss of her family's wealth.
(d) The time she spent with her cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor describe her mother?
2. Upon completion of her education in England, where does Eleanor go?
3. Of what does Eleanor's relationship with her beloved father consist?
4. What becomes a pattern of separation that will repeat itself frequently over the next several years as the Roosevelts begin a period of public service?
5. With what does Anna struggle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor find her new home?
2. How does Eleanor feel about visiting family homes? Why?
3. How does Franklin's mother feel about the relationship?
4. What happens to Elliott after he spends time in French institutions?
5. Where does Eleanor find relief from her worries?
6. How does Eleanor encourage women to stand up for their rights and the rights of their children?
7. How do others view Lorena?
8. How does Eleanor's tenure as head of the League of Women Voters affect her?
9. How does Eleanor feel about becoming the First Lady? What complicates her new life?
10. How does Souvestre treat Eleanor?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)