|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
2. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
3. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Wrote in a journal.
(b) Worked in radio.
(c) Took care of her oldest children.
(d) Nursed Franklin back to health.
4. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
(a) There were horrible living conditions.
(b) It was a rich man's paradise.
(c) The people were very rude.
(d) The residents lived quite comfortably.
5. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) It was a new tourist attraction.
(b) Extended family moved there.
(c) It had fun places to vacation.
(d) Because of Franklin's health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
2. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
3. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
4. How did the social structure in Washington change after the war began?
5. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what capacity was Eleanor working as a journalist during the 1930's?
2. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
3. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
4. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
5. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
6. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
7. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
8. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
9. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
10. How did the relationship between Eleanor and Franklin evolve?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)