|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Churchill and Franklin meet Stalin during WWII?
2. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
3. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
4. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) The Marshal.
(c) Josip BrozTito.
(d) The President.
5. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
6. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
7. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
(a) They liked to celebrate life.
(b) They were hard workers.
(c) They were idle.
(d) They were very religious.
8. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
(a) Future Travels, Inc.
(b) Eleanor's secretary.
(d) The American ambassador.
9. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Adlai Stevenson's
(b) Woodrow Wilson's.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(d) Franklin, Jr's.
10. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) An usher.
(b) Her housekeeper.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) She heard it on the radio.
11. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
(a) Eleanor's son and sister.
(b) Eleanor's mother-in-law and brother.
(c) Eleanor's aunt and child mentor.
(d) Eleanor's mother and father.
12. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
13. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(b) Washington, DC.
(d) Mexico City.
14. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
(d) South Korea.
15. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
(a) She thought it was horrible.
(b) It was dirty and poor.
(c) She didn't ever want to return.
(d) She was impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
2. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
3. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
4. When did Eleanor's formal duties at the UN end?
5. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)