|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
(a) Khakis and a white shirt.
(b) A fancy dress.
(c) Civilian clothes.
(d) A uniform.
2. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
3. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
4. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(b) St. Petersburg.
5. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
(b) Food and lodging.
(d) Salary, transportation, and lodging.
6. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
(a) Her son and his family.
(b) She kept it and rented it out.
(c) An organization for poor people.
(d) The government.
7. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
(b) Georgy Malenkov.
8. What project did Eleanor and her UN committee work on?
(b) International Bill of Rights.
(c) Petition for Human Rights.
(d) The Geneva Conventions.
9. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
10. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(c) Single parent families.
(d) War refugees.
11. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
(c) South Carolina.
12. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Mental health.
(b) Youth organizations.
(c) Homeless shelters.
(d) Job programs.
13. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The king of England.
(d) Prince Charles.
14. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
15. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Woodrow Wilson's.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(c) Franklin, Jr's.
(d) Adlai Stevenson's
Short Answer Questions
1. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
2. Where did Churchill and Franklin meet Stalin during WWII?
3. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
4. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
5. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)