|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
2. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
(a) She believes there are too many poor people living there.
(b) She thinks Americans don't understand the severity.
(c) She saw lots of tragic things when she was there.
(d) She thinks the Soviet Union will take over America soon.
3. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
(a) In an old mansion.
(b) The University of London.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
(a) Hosting a luncheon.
(b) Assisting at a homeless shelter.
(c) Putting her children to bed.
(d) Folding laundry.
5. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
6. What did Franklin die of?
(a) Liver failure.
(b) A diabetic attack.
(c) A brain hemorrhage.
7. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
8. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) Her housekeeper.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) She heard it on the radio.
(d) An usher.
9. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
(a) Madame Chiang.
(b) Queen Anna.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The queen of Saudi Arabia.
10. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
11. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
12. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) Anna and her daughter.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Franklin's parents.
(d) James and his fiancée.
13. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) She doesn't think so.
(c) Yes, but kept it a secret from Eleanor.
(d) No, and he made it very clear.
14. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
(c) Georgy Malenkov.
15. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
(b) South Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Franklin buried?
2. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
3. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
4. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
5. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)