|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
(a) They were hard workers.
(b) They liked to celebrate life.
(c) They were idle.
(d) They were very religious.
2. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(b) Eleanor does not say.
(c) Indira Gandhi.
(d) Liaquat Ali Khan.
3. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) An elementary school.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The YWCA.
(d) The Junior League.
4. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(b) Adlai Stevenson's
(c) Woodrow Wilson's.
(d) Franklin, Jr's.
5. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
6. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Seven years.
7. How long did Eleanor's trip to the Soviet Union last, in 1957?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
8. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(b) War refugees.
(d) Single parent families.
9. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Mental health.
(b) Homeless shelters.
(c) Job programs.
(d) Youth organizations.
10. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
(a) Food and lodging.
(c) Salary, transportation, and lodging.
11. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
12. What project did Eleanor and her UN committee work on?
(b) The Geneva Conventions.
(c) International Bill of Rights.
(d) Petition for Human Rights.
13. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
14. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
15. Where did Eleanor take the king and queen of Greece?
(a) Her childhood home.
(b) Out for hot dogs.
(c) A firehouse.
(d) A department store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
2. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
3. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
4. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
5. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)