|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
2. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
(a) Civilian clothes.
(b) A uniform.
(c) Khakis and a white shirt.
(d) A fancy dress.
3. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) James and his fiancée.
(b) Anna and her daughter.
(c) Franklin's parents.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
(a) International Justice.
(b) Equal Opportunity.
(c) Human Rights.
(d) Peace and Reconciliation.
5. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The transition from colonization to independence.
(d) The leaders of the country.
6. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
7. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(b) South African.
8. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
9. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
10. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
11. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
(a) She didn't ever want to return.
(b) She thought it was horrible.
(c) She was impressed.
(d) It was dirty and poor.
12. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
(b) The Cubans.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The French.
13. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, DC.
14. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
(a) Her work on the International Justice Committee.
(b) Her work on the Human Rights Committee.
(c) Her work on the Equal Opportunity Committee.
(d) Her work on the Peace and Reconciliation Committee.
15. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(a) War refugees.
(b) Single parent families.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
2. Where did Eleanor take the king and queen of Greece?
3. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
4. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
5. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)