|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor's primary interest after she visited the Soviet Union in 1958?
(b) Emotionally disturbed children.
(c) Older adults with serious illnesses.
(d) Single mothers.
2. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
3. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
(b) South Carolina.
4. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She liked to shop the sales.
(b) Franklin was a big eater.
(c) She had a fear of running out of food.
(d) She never knew who would show up.
5. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
6. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
7. Which of the following countries separated from India?
8. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
(a) He fainted.
(b) He was in poor health.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He was in a coma.
9. Who died in April 1953?
(a) Franklin, Jr.
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(d) Eleanor's neighbor and friend.
10. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) Washington, DC.
11. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
(a) His son, Franklin, Jr.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) Henry Wallace.
12. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Junior League.
(c) The YWCA.
(d) An elementary school.
13. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) Franklin's parents.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Anna and her daughter.
(d) James and his fiancée.
14. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
15. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
2. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
3. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
4. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
5. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)