|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) Adlai Stevenson.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) His son, Franklin, Jr.
2. Which of the following countries separated from India?
3. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
4. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
(a) Hosting a luncheon.
(b) Putting her children to bed.
(c) Folding laundry.
(d) Assisting at a homeless shelter.
5. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Woodrow Wilson's.
(b) Adlai Stevenson's
(c) Franklin, Jr's.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower's.
6. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
(a) President and Mrs. Truman.
(b) No one.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her sisters.
7. Where is Franklin buried?
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) He was cremated.
(d) Hyde Park.
8. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
(b) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
(c) Just the food and music.
(d) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
9. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
10. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Indira Gandhi.
(c) Eleanor does not say.
(d) Liaquat Ali Khan.
11. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
(c) South Korea.
12. What did Eleanor do after her formal duties at the UN ended?
(a) Developed a non-profit in memory of Franklin.
(b) Volunteered for the American Association.
(c) Spent more time with her grandchildren.
(d) Wrote a novel.
13. Who was responsible for investigating groups with Communist affiliations?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Judge Advocate General's Corps
(c) Dies Committee.
(d) The White House.
14. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
(a) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(b) The American ambassador.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) The queen.
15. Who died in April 1953?
(a) Franklin, Jr.
(b) Eleanor's neighbor and friend.
(d) Eleanor's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
2. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
3. In 1941, what did Franklin and Churchill discuss?
4. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
5. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)