|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
(a) The Yalta conference.
(b) The birth of a child.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) A meeting with Churchill.
2. When did Eleanor's formal duties at the UN end?
(a) When she became ill.
(b) When she made enough money.
(c) When she decided to retire.
(d) When Republicans took power.
3. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
(a) It was Franklin's wish.
(b) She developed a close friendship with a Russian woman.
(c) Her work with refugees.
(d) She read a lot.
4. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
5. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
(a) Eleanor's son and sister.
(b) Eleanor's mother-in-law and brother.
(c) Eleanor's aunt and child mentor.
(d) Eleanor's mother and father.
6. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) Her children.
(b) Other Westerners.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The President.
7. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
(a) Her work on the Equal Opportunity Committee.
(b) Her work on the International Justice Committee.
(c) Her work on the Peace and Reconciliation Committee.
(d) Her work on the Human Rights Committee.
8. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
(a) South Korea.
9. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
10. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) An elementary school.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The Junior League.
(d) The YWCA.
11. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
(d) South Carolina.
12. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
13. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Indira Gandhi.
(b) Eleanor does not say.
(d) Liaquat Ali Khan.
14. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) She doesn't see any difference.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) She thinks there are very few positive changes.
15. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She had a fear of running out of food.
(b) She liked to shop the sales.
(c) She never knew who would show up.
(d) Franklin was a big eater.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
2. Which of the following countries separated from India?
3. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
4. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
5. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)