|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
(a) Human Rights.
(b) Peace and Reconciliation.
(c) International Justice.
(d) Equal Opportunity.
2. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
(a) New York City.
(c) Washington, DC.
3. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) The President.
(b) Her children.
(c) Other Westerners.
(d) Her husband.
4. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
(b) Just the food and music.
(c) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
(d) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
5. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Seven years.
6. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sisters.
(c) President and Mrs. Truman.
(d) Her children.
7. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
(a) Madame Chiang.
(b) The queen of Saudi Arabia.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Queen Anna.
8. After Christmas of 1944, what did Franklin begin to prepare for?
(a) The Yalta conference.
(b) The birth of a child.
(c) A meeting with Churchill.
(d) His mother's death.
9. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
(a) Food and lodging.
(d) Salary, transportation, and lodging.
10. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
11. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) Washington, DC.
12. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
(a) The Pacific.
(d) South America.
13. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
(a) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(b) The queen.
(c) The American ambassador.
(d) The Sultan.
14. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
15. What was Eleanor doing when the news of Pearl Harbor reached her?
(a) Hosting a luncheon.
(b) Putting her children to bed.
(c) Assisting at a homeless shelter.
(d) Folding laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
2. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
3. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
4. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
5. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)