|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(d) South African.
2. Which of the following countries separated from India?
3. What was Eleanor's primary interest after she visited the Soviet Union in 1958?
(a) Single mothers.
(c) Emotionally disturbed children.
(d) Older adults with serious illnesses.
4. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She liked to shop the sales.
(b) She never knew who would show up.
(c) Franklin was a big eater.
(d) She had a fear of running out of food.
5. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
6. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Junior League.
(c) The YWCA.
(d) An elementary school.
7. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
(a) President and Mrs. Truman.
(b) Her children.
(c) No one.
(d) Her sisters.
8. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(a) Washington, DC.
(d) Mexico City.
9. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
(c) South America.
(d) The Pacific.
10. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
11. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
(b) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
(c) Just the food and music.
(d) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
12. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(b) Prince Charles.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The king of England.
13. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) She doesn't see any difference.
(d) She thinks there are very few positive changes.
14. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
15. What did Franklin die of?
(a) Liver failure.
(c) A diabetic attack.
(d) A brain hemorrhage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
2. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
3. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
4. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
5. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)