|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Churchill and Franklin meet Stalin during WWII?
2. What did Eleanor do after her formal duties at the UN ended?
(a) Wrote a novel.
(b) Volunteered for the American Association.
(c) Developed a non-profit in memory of Franklin.
(d) Spent more time with her grandchildren.
3. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(d) Hong Kong.
4. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
(a) The queen of England.
(b) The consul general.
(c) The French ambassador.
(d) Winston Churchill.
5. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
6. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Homeless shelters.
(b) Job programs.
(c) Youth organizations.
(d) Mental health.
7. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
8. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
(a) The President.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Josip BrozTito.
(d) The Marshal.
9. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
10. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
(a) Eleanor's mother-in-law and brother.
(b) Eleanor's son and sister.
(c) Eleanor's mother and father.
(d) Eleanor's aunt and child mentor.
11. What did Franklin die of?
(a) Liver failure.
(b) A brain hemorrhage.
(c) A diabetic attack.
12. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(a) The king of England.
(b) Prince Charles.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
13. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
(a) She thinks the Soviet Union will take over America soon.
(b) She saw lots of tragic things when she was there.
(c) She believes there are too many poor people living there.
(d) She thinks Americans don't understand the severity.
14. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) Mexico City.
15. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Woodrow Wilson's.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(c) Adlai Stevenson's
(d) Franklin, Jr's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
2. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
3. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
4. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
5. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)