|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She doesn't see any difference.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) She thinks there are very few positive changes.
3. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
4. Who was responsible for investigating groups with Communist affiliations?
(a) Dies Committee.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The White House.
(d) Judge Advocate General's Corps
5. Which of the following countries separated from India?
6. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
7. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(c) St. Petersburg.
8. Where did Eleanor take the king and queen of Greece?
(a) Out for hot dogs.
(b) Her childhood home.
(c) A firehouse.
(d) A department store.
9. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
(b) The king of England.
(c) Prince Charles.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
10. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) Her children.
(b) Other Westerners.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The President.
11. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
(a) A gymnasium.
(b) An art museum.
(c) A library.
(d) The Roosevelt's new home.
12. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
(a) She didn't ever want to return.
(b) She was impressed.
(c) She thought it was horrible.
(d) It was dirty and poor.
13. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The leaders of the country.
(b) The transition from colonization to independence.
14. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) Mexico City.
15. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
2. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
3. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
4. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
5. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)