|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
(a) Her work on the Equal Opportunity Committee.
(b) Her work on the Peace and Reconciliation Committee.
(c) Her work on the Human Rights Committee.
(d) Her work on the International Justice Committee.
2. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(b) South African.
3. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The transition from colonization to independence.
(c) The leaders of the country.
4. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
(a) In an old mansion.
(b) The University of London.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
5. To whom did Eleanor give her big house after Franklin died?
(a) The government.
(b) She kept it and rented it out.
(c) An organization for poor people.
(d) Her son and his family.
6. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) The YWCA.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) The Junior League.
7. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
(a) She read a lot.
(b) She developed a close friendship with a Russian woman.
(c) Her work with refugees.
(d) It was Franklin's wish.
8. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
(a) The Marshal.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) The President.
(d) Josip BrozTito.
9. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
10. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) His son, Franklin, Jr.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) Henry Wallace.
11. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
12. Where did Churchill and Franklin meet Stalin during WWII?
13. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
(a) South Carolina.
14. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
15. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
2. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
3. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
4. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
5. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)