|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1941, what did Franklin and Churchill discuss?
(b) Their family history.
(c) The Atlantic Charter.
(d) Germany and Hitler.
2. What did Franklin die of?
(a) Liver failure.
(b) A brain hemorrhage.
(d) A diabetic attack.
3. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Eleanor does not say.
(b) Indira Gandhi.
(c) Liaquat Ali Khan.
4. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The leaders of the country.
(b) The transition from colonization to independence.
5. When did Eleanor's formal duties at the UN end?
(a) When Republicans took power.
(b) When she decided to retire.
(c) When she made enough money.
(d) When she became ill.
6. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
(a) The queen of Saudi Arabia.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Madame Chiang.
(d) Queen Anna.
7. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
(a) The President.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) The Marshal.
(d) Josip BrozTito.
8. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) An usher.
(c) She heard it on the radio.
(d) Her housekeeper.
9. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
10. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
(a) She doesn't see any difference.
(b) She thinks there are very few positive changes.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) It is unclear.
11. Where is Franklin buried?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) He was cremated.
(c) Washington, DC.
12. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
(a) Seeing poor sanitation.
(b) Being away from Franklin.
(c) Visiting the hospitals.
(d) Realizing how little mental health care people receive.
13. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
(a) She thinks Americans don't understand the severity.
(b) She believes there are too many poor people living there.
(c) She thinks the Soviet Union will take over America soon.
(d) She saw lots of tragic things when she was there.
14. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) An elementary school.
(b) The Junior League.
(c) The YWCA.
(d) The United Nations.
15. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
(a) Eleanor's mother and father.
(b) Eleanor's son and sister.
(c) Eleanor's mother-in-law and brother.
(d) Eleanor's aunt and child mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
2. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
3. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
4. Who was responsible for investigating groups with Communist affiliations?
5. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)