|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
(a) Food and lodging.
(d) Salary, transportation, and lodging.
2. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
(a) Her work with refugees.
(b) She read a lot.
(c) She developed a close friendship with a Russian woman.
(d) It was Franklin's wish.
3. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
4. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(a) War refugees.
(d) Single parent families.
5. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
(a) South Carolina.
6. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) The President.
(b) Her children.
(c) Other Westerners.
(d) Her husband.
7. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
8. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
9. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
10. What project did Eleanor and her UN committee work on?
(a) International Bill of Rights.
(b) Petition for Human Rights.
(c) The Geneva Conventions.
11. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She had a fear of running out of food.
(b) Franklin was a big eater.
(c) She liked to shop the sales.
(d) She never knew who would show up.
12. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Eleanor does not say.
(c) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(d) Indira Gandhi.
13. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
(b) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
(c) Just the food and music.
(d) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
14. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
(a) Eleanor's son and sister.
(b) Eleanor's mother and father.
(c) Eleanor's aunt and child mentor.
(d) Eleanor's mother-in-law and brother.
15. Who did Eleanor say were doing a better job of helping the people of the world than Americans?
(b) The French.
(c) The Cubans.
(d) The Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Franklin buried?
2. Who invited Eleanor to England during WWII?
3. What was Eleanor's primary interest after she visited the Soviet Union in 1958?
4. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
5. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)