|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The transition from colonization to independence.
(c) The leaders of the country.
2. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
3. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Franklin, Jr's.
(b) Adlai Stevenson's
(c) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(d) Woodrow Wilson's.
4. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
(a) Adlai Stevenson.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) His son, Franklin, Jr.
(d) Henry Wallace.
5. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
(a) Her children.
(b) Other Westerners.
(c) The President.
(d) Her husband.
6. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
(a) Because the war worsened and he was not able to go.
(b) He fell ill at the last minute.
(c) Because he didn't agree with Madame Chiang.
(d) He wanted to have control over the others.
7. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
(b) The impending war.
(c) De Gaulle.
(d) The numbers of casualties.
8. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
9. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
(a) They liked to celebrate life.
(b) They were hard workers.
(c) They were idle.
(d) They were very religious.
10. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
(a) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(b) Johnny's wife and children.
(c) Eleanor's aunts and uncles.
(d) Franklin, Jr., and his wife.
11. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
(a) Human Rights.
(b) International Justice.
(c) Equal Opportunity.
(d) Peace and Reconciliation.
12. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) An usher.
(b) Her housekeeper.
(c) She heard it on the radio.
(d) A homeless man.
13. Who died in April 1953?
(a) Eleanor's mother.
(c) Eleanor's neighbor and friend.
(d) Franklin, Jr.
14. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
(a) More creativity was found in the arts of the Soviet Union.
(b) She felt more at home in the Soviet Union.
(c) People dressed better.
(d) People were less able to speak freely.
15. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
(a) Iran is full of generous people, whereas Israel has a reputation for stingy political leaders.
(b) The hope that young people in Israel have for the future.
(c) Just the food and music.
(d) It is less likely that Israel will make any real changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor wear while on her big trip in 1943?
2. Where did Churchill and Franklin meet Stalin during WWII?
3. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
4. What did Franklin die of?
5. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)