|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Franklin buried?
(a) He was cremated.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Washington, DC.
2. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
3. Where was the World's Fair held in 1958?
4. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
5. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
6. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
(a) The President.
(b) The Marshal.
(c) Josip BrozTito.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
7. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
8. How long did Eleanor's trip to the Soviet Union last, in 1957?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
9. Which of the following countries separated from India?
10. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
11. Why didn't Stalin attend the meeting with Franklin during WWII?
(a) He wanted to have control over the others.
(b) He fell ill at the last minute.
(c) Because the war worsened and he was not able to go.
(d) Because he didn't agree with Madame Chiang.
12. In March 1944, where did Eleanor visit?
(d) The Caribbean.
13. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
(a) She was impressed.
(b) It was dirty and poor.
(c) She thought it was horrible.
(d) She didn't ever want to return.
14. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
(a) The consul general.
(b) The queen of England.
(c) The French ambassador.
(d) Winston Churchill.
15. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(b) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
2. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
3. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
4. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
5. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)