|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(a) War refugees.
(c) Single parent families.
2. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
(a) They liked to celebrate life.
(b) They were very religious.
(c) They were idle.
(d) They were hard workers.
3. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
4. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
(a) The queen.
(b) The American ambassador.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) Franklin's childhood best friend.
5. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
6. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
(d) St. Petersburg.
7. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
8. According to Eleanor, did Franklin want to run for a third term?
(a) She doesn't think so.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Yes, but kept it a secret from Eleanor.
(d) No, and he made it very clear.
9. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
(a) Kind and generous people.
(b) Poor health and poverty.
(c) Excessive wealth.
(d) A strong sense of culture.
10. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
11. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
(a) She believes there are too many poor people living there.
(b) She thinks the Soviet Union will take over America soon.
(c) She saw lots of tragic things when she was there.
(d) She thinks Americans don't understand the severity.
12. What project did Eleanor and her UN committee work on?
(b) Petition for Human Rights.
(c) The Geneva Conventions.
(d) International Bill of Rights.
13. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The leaders of the country.
(b) The transition from colonization to independence.
14. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
(a) It was dirty and poor.
(b) She thought it was horrible.
(c) She didn't ever want to return.
(d) She was impressed.
15. When did Eleanor's formal duties at the UN end?
(a) When she became ill.
(b) When she decided to retire.
(c) When she made enough money.
(d) When Republicans took power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
2. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
3. What did Eleanor do after her formal duties at the UN ended?
4. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
5. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)