|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(a) South African.
2. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
(a) Eleanor's aunts and uncles.
(b) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(c) Johnny's wife and children.
(d) Franklin, Jr., and his wife.
3. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
4. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
5. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
(a) Peace and Reconciliation.
(b) Equal Opportunity.
(c) Human Rights.
(d) International Justice.
6. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) James and his fiancée.
(b) Franklin's parents.
(c) Anna and her daughter.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
7. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(b) Indira Gandhi.
(c) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(d) Eleanor does not say.
8. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
(b) Georgy Malenkov.
9. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
(a) He was in a coma.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was in poor health.
(d) He fainted.
10. Where did Franklin meet with Churchill, Generalissimo Franco, and Madame Chiang?
(b) Washington, DC.
(d) Mexico City.
11. What project did Eleanor and her UN committee work on?
(a) Petition for Human Rights.
(b) International Bill of Rights.
(c) The Geneva Conventions.
12. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
(a) President and Mrs. Truman.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) No one.
13. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(d) Hong Kong.
14. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
15. What head of state came to New York for medical treatment and recovered at Hyde Park?
(a) Madame Chiang.
(b) The queen of Saudi Arabia.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Queen Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
2. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
3. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
4. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
5. Eleanor tried to understand the Russians, unlike _____.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)