|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
(a) The consul general.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) The queen of England.
(d) The French ambassador.
2. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
(a) Her work on the Human Rights Committee.
(b) Her work on the International Justice Committee.
(c) Her work on the Peace and Reconciliation Committee.
(d) Her work on the Equal Opportunity Committee.
3. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
4. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
(a) They were idle.
(b) They were very religious.
(c) They were hard workers.
(d) They liked to celebrate life.
5. Where did Eleanor take the king and queen of Greece?
(a) Her childhood home.
(b) A department store.
(c) Out for hot dogs.
(d) A firehouse.
6. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
7. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
8. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
(b) Food and lodging.
(c) Salary, transportation, and lodging.
9. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
(a) People dressed better.
(b) She felt more at home in the Soviet Union.
(c) People were less able to speak freely.
(d) More creativity was found in the arts of the Soviet Union.
10. Eleanor also served as a member of the Commission of what?
(a) Human Rights.
(b) Peace and Reconciliation.
(c) International Justice.
(d) Equal Opportunity.
11. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
(b) Single parent families.
(c) War refugees.
12. What sorts of organizations was Eleanor involved with in 1939-1940?
(a) Homeless shelters.
(b) Youth organizations.
(c) Mental health.
(d) Job programs.
13. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(a) South African.
14. Whom did Eleanor visit when she was in Yugoslavia?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) The President.
(c) Josip BrozTito.
(d) The Marshal.
15. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
2. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
3. Where in the Soviet Union did representatives of the US Embassy meet Eleanor?
4. For whom did Eleanor have to put a request in writing to interview?
5. Who was responsible for investigating groups with Communist affiliations?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)