|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
2. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(b) Franklin, Jr's.
(c) Woodrow Wilson's.
(d) Adlai Stevenson's
3. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
(a) She doesn't see any difference.
(b) She is impressed.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) She thinks there are very few positive changes.
4. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She had a fear of running out of food.
(b) She liked to shop the sales.
(c) She never knew who would show up.
(d) Franklin was a big eater.
5. Who asked Eleanor to be a member of the United Nations delegation?
6. At which school did Eleanor lecture to young people?
7. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
8. Who died in April 1953?
(a) Franklin, Jr.
(b) Eleanor's neighbor and friend.
(d) Eleanor's mother.
9. Which of the following countries separated from India?
10. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
(a) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(b) Eleanor's aunts and uncles.
(c) Franklin, Jr., and his wife.
(d) Johnny's wife and children.
11. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
12. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Eleanor does not say.
(c) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(d) Indira Gandhi.
13. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
(a) Her work on the Human Rights Committee.
(b) Her work on the Equal Opportunity Committee.
(c) Her work on the International Justice Committee.
(d) Her work on the Peace and Reconciliation Committee.
14. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
15. In 1941, what did Franklin and Churchill discuss?
(a) Germany and Hitler.
(b) The Atlantic Charter.
(c) Their family history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
2. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
3. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
4. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
5. What did Eleanor write was the difference between Iran and Israel?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)