|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(d) South African.
2. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
3. Who invited Eleanor to Morocco?
(a) Franklin's childhood best friend.
(b) The Sultan.
(c) The American ambassador.
(d) The queen.
4. In 1948, whose statue was unveiled in England?
5. How long did Eleanor serve at the UN?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fourteen years.
6. After Franklin's burial, with whom did Eleanor return to Washington with?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her children.
(c) No one.
(d) President and Mrs. Truman.
7. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
(a) They were hard workers.
(b) They liked to celebrate life.
(c) They were very religious.
(d) They were idle.
8. Who unexpectedly met Eleanor in Istanbul?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) The French ambassador.
(c) The consul general.
(d) The queen of England.
9. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(b) Hong Kong.
10. What reimbursement did Eleanor get for serving on the UN?
(b) Food and lodging.
(c) Salary, transportation, and lodging.
11. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
(a) The Pacific.
(c) South America.
12. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
13. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
14. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
(a) Eleanor's mother and father.
(b) Eleanor's son and sister.
(c) Eleanor's mother-in-law and brother.
(d) Eleanor's aunt and child mentor.
15. What was Eleanor's impression of the changes in Moscow that took place over one year?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) She thinks there are very few positive changes.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) She doesn't see any difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference did Eleanor notice in the Soviet Union as compared to the West?
2. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
3. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
4. What did Franklin die of?
5. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)