|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Democratic convention held in 1956?
2. Where was the World Federation of United Nations meeting held?
3. What was the hardest on Eleanor regarding her war trips?
(a) Realizing how little mental health care people receive.
(b) Visiting the hospitals.
(c) Seeing poor sanitation.
(d) Being away from Franklin.
4. How many months of the year was Eleanor working for the UN?
5. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
(b) Eleanor's secretary.
(c) The American ambassador.
(d) Future Travels, Inc.
6. Where did Franklin travel for a war conference in 1944?
7. Eleanor was elected into what position of her committee?
8. Where did Eleanor do volunteer work after Franklin's death?
(a) The YWCA.
(b) An elementary school.
(c) The Junior League.
(d) The United Nations.
9. What was Eleanor's primary interest after she visited the Soviet Union in 1958?
(a) Emotionally disturbed children.
(b) Older adults with serious illnesses.
(c) Single mothers.
10. What did Franklin tell Eleanor about when he comes back from his secret meeting with Churchill?
(a) The numbers of casualties.
(b) De Gaulle.
(d) The impending war.
11. What was planned for construction at Hyde Park in 1939?
(a) A library.
(b) An art museum.
(c) The Roosevelt's new home.
(d) A gymnasium.
12. What did Eleanor think is the cause of the problems she sees in Moscow?
(a) The leaders of the country.
(c) The transition from colonization to independence.
13. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(c) Hong Kong.
14. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
(a) He was in poor health.
(b) He fainted.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He was in a coma.
15. What year did Eleanor meet Princess Elizabeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
2. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
3. Where was the organizing meeting of the General Assembly held?
4. Who arrived in January 1944 for a long visit at the White House?
5. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)