|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Indian prime minister?
(a) Indira Gandhi.
(c) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(d) Eleanor does not say.
2. Where did Franklin go when he is sick with a fever in 1944?
(b) South Carolina.
3. Why did Eleanor worry about the situation in the Soviet Union?
(a) She believes there are too many poor people living there.
(b) She saw lots of tragic things when she was there.
(c) She thinks Americans don't understand the severity.
(d) She thinks the Soviet Union will take over America soon.
4. Where did Franklin go to have a secret meeting with Churchill?
5. Whose campaign was Eleanor involved in?
(a) Adlai Stevenson's
(b) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(c) Woodrow Wilson's.
(d) Franklin, Jr's.
6. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
(a) Adlai Stevenson.
(b) His son, Franklin, Jr.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Henry Wallace.
7. Who was responsible for investigating groups with Communist affiliations?
(a) The White House.
(b) Dies Committee.
(c) Judge Advocate General's Corps
(d) The FBI.
8. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
(b) Hong Kong.
9. Who told Eleanor the news about Pearl Harbor?
(a) An usher.
(b) Her housekeeper.
(c) She heard it on the radio.
(d) A homeless man.
10. Who arrived at the White House later February 1944?
(a) Anna and her daughter.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Franklin's parents.
(d) James and his fiancée.
11. Where did Churchill and Franklin meet Stalin during WWII?
12. Why did Eleanor keep the freezer well stocked when she lived alone in Hyde Park?
(a) She liked to shop the sales.
(b) Franklin was a big eater.
(c) She had a fear of running out of food.
(d) She never knew who would show up.
13. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
(d) South African.
14. Who died in April 1953?
(a) Eleanor's neighbor and friend.
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(d) Franklin, Jr.
15. Which two people died within a two-week period in 1941
(a) Eleanor's son and sister.
(b) Eleanor's aunt and child mentor.
(c) Eleanor's mother-in-law and brother.
(d) Eleanor's mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first piece of news Eleanor heard about her husband's health on April 12, 1945?
2. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
3. What did Eleanor consider more important than her work on the General Assembly?
4. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
5. What did Eleanor feel that Iran was characterized by?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)