|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(a) New York City.
2. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) The Junior League.
(b) An elementary school.
(c) A law office.
3. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
4. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
(a) The Democratic Convention.
(b) New York City.
(d) Warm Springs.
5. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) Franklin's mother.
(c) Aunt Bye.
6. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
(a) Assistant secretary of the navy.
(c) Education ambassador.
(d) Vice president.
7. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He was elected vice president.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(d) He had a bad fall.
8. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
9. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Started an accounting practice.
(b) Spent more time with his family.
(c) Formed a law firm.
(d) Decided to run for president.
10. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
(a) The queen of England.
(c) The WWI battlefields.
(d) Art museums.
11. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
(a) At Franklin's mother's home.
(b) At the theatre.
(c) At political events.
(d) At home.
12. Which of her children did Eleanor have the most difficulty sending to boarding school?
(a) Her oldest daughter.
(b) Her youngest.
(c) Her first son.
(d) All of them.
13. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
(a) New York.
(b) On vacation in the Caribbean.
(d) At home.
14. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
(a) Lake Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
2. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
3. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
4. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
5. How did Eleanor feel in public situations in the early part of her marriage?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)