|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a type of lesson Eleanor took?
(a) Dancing lessons.
(b) Sewing lessons.
(c) French lessons.
(d) Sports lessons.
2. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
(a) He listened to her and always did what she said.
(b) He respected it, but didn't always follow it.
(c) He frequently asked her to be quiet.
(d) He did not think she was able to make those types of decisions.
3. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
(b) Eleanor's arm.
(c) Braces and crutches.
4. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) They aren't sure.
(b) Contaminated fish.
(c) Drinking water.
5. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1932?
(a) The White House.
(d) New York City.
7. Who else was on the Roosevelts' ship when they sailed home?
(a) Aunt Bye.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) President Wilson.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
8. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
(a) Alcohol in the White House.
(b) Fine clothes.
(c) Pictures taken of her children.
(d) Secret Service protection.
9. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(c) Hyde Park.
10. From what did Ellie die?
(c) Scarlet fever.
11. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Calvin Coolidge.
12. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
(b) Grandmother Hall.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Mlle. Souvestre.
13. What year was the Armistice signed?
14. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
(b) Hyde Park.
(d) Hot Springs.
15. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was held in Houston in 1928?
2. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
3. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
4. Where was the 1920 Democratic convention held?
5. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)