|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
(a) She couldn't dance and felt awkward around boys.
(b) Everyone would stare at her and Franklin.
(c) She felt she was too short.
(d) She hated dresses.
2. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
(a) Secret Service protection.
(b) Pictures taken of her children.
(c) Alcohol in the White House.
(d) Fine clothes.
3. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Started an accounting practice.
(b) Spent more time with his family.
(c) Formed a law firm.
(d) Decided to run for president.
4. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Alfred Smith.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
5. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
(b) Eleanor's younger brother.
(c) Grandmother Hall.
(d) Eleanor's mother.
6. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt.
7. What did the Roosevelts create that promoted employment?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A post office.
(c) A large political campaign.
(d) A furniture factory.
8. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) A law office.
(b) An elementary school.
(c) The Junior League.
9. Which politician did Franklin support?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Eugene V. Debs.
(c) Robert La Follette.
(d) William McKinley.
10. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(c) Aunt Pussie.
(d) Eleanor's sisters.
11. From what did Ellie die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
12. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
13. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
(b) Lake Michigan.
14. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the summers?
(b) The Jersey shore.
(c) Washington, DC.
15. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city did the Roosevelts move in 1913?
2. Who else was on the Roosevelts' ship when they sailed home?
3. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
4. What occurred at the 1920 Democratic convention?
5. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)