|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
(a) Woman's Day.
(b) Woman's Home Companion.
(c) Ladies' Home Journal.
(d) Better Homes and Gardens.
2. Where did Franklin attend law school?
3. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) Franklin broke his leg.
(b) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
(c) Eleanor fell ill.
(d) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
4. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
(a) Franklin, Jr.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
5. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
6. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(a) Alfred Smith.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
7. What sort of lessons did Eleanor take after the vice presidential election?
8. What position did Eleanor take on WWI?
(a) She supported all men going to war.
(b) She was a freedom fighter.
(c) She didn't have an opinion.
(d) She was a pacifist.
9. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York City.
10. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
(a) She hated dresses.
(b) She felt she was too short.
(c) Everyone would stare at her and Franklin.
(d) She couldn't dance and felt awkward around boys.
11. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her mother.
12. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
(a) The residents lived quite comfortably.
(b) There were horrible living conditions.
(c) It was a rich man's paradise.
(d) The people were very rude.
13. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(a) New York.
(b) South Africa.
14. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) They aren't sure.
(b) Contaminated fish.
(c) Drinking water.
15. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
2. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
3. How were Eleanor and Franklin related?
4. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
5. How did Eleanor feel in public situations in the early part of her marriage?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)