|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
(a) Aunt Pussie.
(b) Eleanor's sisters.
(c) Eleanor's mother.
2. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) Contaminated fish.
(b) They aren't sure.
(c) Drinking water.
3. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
(b) The WWI battlefields.
(c) The queen of England.
(d) Art museums.
4. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
5. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Decided to run for president.
(b) Started an accounting practice.
(c) Formed a law firm.
(d) Spent more time with his family.
6. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Worked in radio.
(b) Nursed Franklin back to health.
(c) Wrote in a journal.
(d) Took care of her oldest children.
7. How did Eleanor feel in public situations in the early part of her marriage?
(a) Like she is the ruler of the world.
(c) Shy and anxious.
8. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Las Vegas.
9. What was held in Houston in 1928?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) The Republican Caucus.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
(d) The World's Fair.
10. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
(a) Franklin, Jr.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
11. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
(a) Alcohol in the White House.
(b) Secret Service protection.
(c) Fine clothes.
(d) Pictures taken of her children.
12. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
(a) St. David's School.
(d) The Todhunter School.
13. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He had a bad fall.
(c) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(d) He was elected vice president.
14. How old was Anna when she was sent to boarding school?
(b) It is unclear.
15. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
(a) It is not said.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
2. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
3. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
4. What did Eleanor and Franklin always have together after she returned from a trip?
5. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)