|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Eleanor live with after her mother died?
(a) Foster parents.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Grandmother Hall.
2. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
(a) He listened to her and always did what she said.
(b) He frequently asked her to be quiet.
(c) He did not think she was able to make those types of decisions.
(d) He respected it, but didn't always follow it.
3. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(b) New York City.
4. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(d) New York.
5. Why was the First Lady able to travel without being recognized?
(a) She prohibited anyone from taking pictures of her.
(b) There was no television.
(c) She was plain.
(d) She always wore a disguise.
6. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(b) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
7. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
(b) Lake Michigan.
8. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(a) New York.
(b) South Africa.
9. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(d) State senator.
10. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
(a) She couldn't dance and felt awkward around boys.
(b) Everyone would stare at her and Franklin.
(c) She hated dresses.
(d) She felt she was too short.
11. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Alfred Smith.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
12. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(b) He had a bad fall.
(c) He was elected vice president.
(d) He had a heart attack.
13. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
(a) Gloria Steinem.
(b) Elizabeth Read.
(c) Jane Addams.
(d) Dorothea Dix.
14. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
(b) The Philippines.
15. Where was the 1920 Democratic convention held?
(a) New York City.
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
2. Did Eleanor actively campaign in Franklin's campaign for re-election in 1936?
3. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
4. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
5. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)