|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
(d) Lake Michigan.
2. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
(a) Learning how to be a social worker.
(b) Caring for their children.
(c) Visiting heads of state in Europe.
(d) A lecture tour in the US.
3. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
(a) It was a rich man's paradise.
(b) The residents lived quite comfortably.
(c) The people were very rude.
(d) There were horrible living conditions.
4. What was held in Houston in 1928?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) The Republican Caucus.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
(d) The World's Fair.
5. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(b) New York City.
6. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
(d) It is not said.
7. Which politician did Franklin support?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Robert La Follette.
(c) William McKinley.
(d) Eugene V. Debs.
8. Which of her children did Eleanor have the most difficulty sending to boarding school?
(a) Her first son.
(b) Her oldest daughter.
(c) All of them.
(d) Her youngest.
9. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the summers?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) The Jersey shore.
10. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
11. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He had a bad fall.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was elected vice president.
(d) He became ill with infant paralysis.
12. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
13. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
(a) Gloria Steinem.
(b) Elizabeth Read.
(c) Dorothea Dix.
(d) Jane Addams.
14. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
(a) He frequently asked her to be quiet.
(b) He did not think she was able to make those types of decisions.
(c) He respected it, but didn't always follow it.
(d) He listened to her and always did what she said.
15. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(c) South Africa.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
2. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
3. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
4. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
5. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)