|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
2. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Spent more time with his family.
(b) Started an accounting practice.
(c) Formed a law firm.
(d) Decided to run for president.
3. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
(b) New York City.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
(d) Warm Springs.
4. Whom did Eleanor live with after her mother died?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Foster parents.
(c) Grandmother Hall.
(d) Her father.
5. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
6. How were Eleanor and Franklin related?
(a) Fourth cousins.
7. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
(c) The Philippines.
8. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He had a bad fall.
(b) He was elected vice president.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He became ill with infant paralysis.
9. Which of the following was not a type of lesson Eleanor took?
(a) Dancing lessons.
(b) Sewing lessons.
(c) Sports lessons.
(d) French lessons.
10. How old was Eleanor when Franklin proposed to her?
11. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(c) Hyde Park.
12. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) Franklin broke his leg.
(b) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
(c) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
(d) Eleanor fell ill.
13. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
14. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
(b) Les Ruches.
(c) None of the answers is correct..
15. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) Because of Franklin's health.
(b) Extended family moved there.
(c) It had fun places to vacation.
(d) It was a new tourist attraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the Armistice signed?
2. How did Eleanor feel in public situations in the early part of her marriage?
3. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
4. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
5. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)