|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city did the Roosevelts move in 1913?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) New York City.
2. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
(b) On vacation in the Caribbean.
(c) At home.
(d) New York.
3. Which of her children did Eleanor have the most difficulty sending to boarding school?
(a) Her first son.
(b) Her oldest daughter.
(c) All of them.
(d) Her youngest.
4. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Eleanor's younger brother.
(b) Grandmother Hall.
(d) Eleanor's mother.
5. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
(a) Better Homes and Gardens.
(b) Ladies' Home Journal.
(c) Woman's Day.
(d) Woman's Home Companion.
6. Whom did Franklin take with him to Houston?
7. What was held in Houston in 1928?
(a) The Republican Caucus.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
(d) The World's Fair.
8. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
(a) None of the answers is correct..
(b) Les Ruches.
9. How were Eleanor and Franklin related?
(c) Fourth cousins.
10. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
(b) Aunt Pussie's.
(d) Aunt Bye's.
11. From what did Ellie die?
(c) Scarlet fever.
12. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
(a) It is not said.
13. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
(a) Assistant secretary of the navy.
(c) Education ambassador.
(d) Vice president.
14. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(a) New York.
15. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) The Junior League.
(c) A law office.
(d) An elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
2. How long was Eleanor's campaign trip with Franklin in 1920?
3. Did Eleanor actively campaign in Franklin's campaign for re-election in 1936?
4. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
5. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1932?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)