|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) They aren't sure.
(b) Drinking water.
(d) Contaminated fish.
2. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
(a) She enjoyed it.
(b) She did not like it.
(c) She had panic attacks.
(d) She felt more relaxed.
3. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
(a) On vacation in the Caribbean.
(b) New York.
(d) At home.
4. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) Hyde Park.
5. What position did Eleanor take on WWI?
(a) She was a pacifist.
(b) She was a freedom fighter.
(c) She didn't have an opinion.
(d) She supported all men going to war.
6. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
(a) Her father.
(c) Aunt Pussie.
(d) Her older sister.
7. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) Because of Franklin's health.
(b) It had fun places to vacation.
(c) It was a new tourist attraction.
(d) Extended family moved there.
8. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
(c) Les Ruches.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
9. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
(a) Aunt Pussie's.
(b) Aunt Bye's.
10. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(c) State senator.
11. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
12. Why was the First Lady able to travel without being recognized?
(a) She was plain.
(b) She prohibited anyone from taking pictures of her.
(c) She always wore a disguise.
(d) There was no television.
13. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
(a) The people were very rude.
(b) There were horrible living conditions.
(c) The residents lived quite comfortably.
(d) It was a rich man's paradise.
14. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
(a) Aunt Pussie.
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(c) Eleanor's sisters.
15. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
(c) Franklin, Jr.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
2. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
3. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
4. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
5. How were Eleanor and Franklin related?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)