|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurred at the 1920 Democratic convention?
(a) Franklin fell ill.
(b) Woodrow Wilson was elected president.
(c) Franklin was nominated for vice president.
(d) A meeting with European forces.
2. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Hot Springs.
3. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
(b) Eleanor fell ill.
(c) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
(d) Franklin broke his leg.
4. How were Eleanor and Franklin related?
(b) Fourth cousins.
5. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
6. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(a) Law school.
(b) A sanitarium.
7. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
8. What year was the Armistice signed?
9. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(a) New York City.
(c) Washington, DC.
10. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
(a) Aunt Bye's.
(c) Aunt Pussie's.
11. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) Hyde Park.
12. From what did Ellie die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
13. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Grandmother Hall.
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(d) Eleanor's younger brother.
14. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He was elected vice president.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He had a bad fall.
(d) He became ill with infant paralysis.
15. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) They aren't sure.
(b) Drinking water.
(d) Contaminated fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
2. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
3. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
4. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
5. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)