|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes a pattern of separation that will repeat itself frequently over the next several years as the Roosevelts begin a period of public service?
(a) Eleanor is not in Washington with her husband.
(b) Eleanor sleeping in her own room in the Washington, D.C.
(c) Eleanor goes to Washington without her husband.
(d) Eleanor travels without Franklin.
2. Of what does Eleanor have many?
3. When does Eleanor meet Franklin Delano Roosevelt?
(a) In the winter of 1902.
(b) In the spring of 1902.
(c) In the fall of 1902.
(d) In the summer of 1902.
4. How does Anna die?
(a) From suicide.
(b) From swine flue.
(c) From scarlet fever.
(d) From diphtheria.
5. For how long does she study at this school?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
6. Where is Eleanor sent after her mother dies?
(a) To stay with cousins.
(b) To stay with her father.
(c) To stay with her grandmother.
(d) To stay in a foster home.
7. What is ironic about this living arrangement?
(a) Eleanor feels more at home than she ever felt living with her parents.
(b) Eleanor felt more at home with her distraught parents than she does here.
(c) Eleanor has never spent so much time with men.
(d) Eleanor felt more comfortable in the foster home.
8. What does Eleanor remember during this period of her life?
(a) Feeling free from parental control.
(b) Feeling confused.
(c) Feeling completely abandoned.
(d) Feeling annoyed that her parents did not pay attention to her.
9. When do Eleanor's suspicions of Franklin's marital infidelities increase?
(a) After Eleanor catches him with another woman.
(b) When Eleanor finds a letter from another woman to her husband.
(c) After Eleanor hires the attractive Lucy Page Mercer as her personal assistant.
(d) When he continues to come home late at night.
10. In the autumn of 1913, where does Eleanor move her family?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Washington, D.C.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Boston.
11. Who does Franklin hire to be his career strategist?
(a) Lawrence Hummel.
(b) Larry Harry.
(c) Louis Howe.
(d) Luke Howard.
12. Why does Eleanor agree to let Franklin attend parties?
(a) On the condition that he be home before 1am.
(b) On the condition that she is allowed to attend them with him.
(c) On the condition that he does not drink.
(d) On the condition that she will not be forced to attend with him.
13. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
(a) Complications from alcoholism.
(b) He begs Eleanor's grandmother to let him move in.
(c) He is shot in a bar.
(d) He spends his inheritance.
14. How does she adapt to this school?
(a) Not at all.
(d) Not well.
15. What happens for the first time in Eleanor's married life?
(a) She experiences confidence in managing her own household and children.
(b) She feels pressure to act a certain way.
(c) She has servants to do much of the work.
(d) She feels alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does Sara Roosevelt rely?
2. How does Sara act when the couple's children are born?
3. For what does Eleanor's teacher encourage her to strive?
4. Where is this school?
5. How old is Anna when Eleanor is born?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)