|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the social structure in Washington change after the war began?
(a) There was the same number of gatherings, but conversations were altered.
(b) There were more gatherings.
(c) There were no more social calls.
(d) There was no change.
2. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) The Junior League.
(b) An elementary school.
(d) A law office.
3. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
(a) Caring for their children.
(b) A lecture tour in the US.
(c) Visiting heads of state in Europe.
(d) Learning how to be a social worker.
4. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
(a) Eleanor's arm.
(c) Braces and crutches.
5. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
(a) New York.
(c) On vacation in the Caribbean.
(d) At home.
6. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
(c) Hyde Park.
7. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He was elected vice president.
(b) He had a bad fall.
(c) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(d) He had a heart attack.
8. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Aunt Pussie.
9. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
(a) She enjoyed it.
(b) She did not like it.
(c) She felt more relaxed.
(d) She had panic attacks.
10. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(d) New York City.
11. Which politician did Franklin support?
(a) Eugene V. Debs.
(b) Robert La Follette.
(c) William McKinley.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
12. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the summers?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) The Jersey shore.
13. How old was Anna when she was sent to boarding school?
(d) It is unclear.
14. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
(a) The Good Neighbor Policy.
(b) The Ambassadorial Policy.
(c) The Good Friends Policy.
(d) The Camaraderie Policy.
15. Which of her children did Eleanor have the most difficulty sending to boarding school?
(a) All of them.
(b) Her oldest daughter.
(c) Her first son.
(d) Her youngest.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city did the Roosevelts move in 1913?
2. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
3. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
4. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
5. Whom did Eleanor live with after her mother died?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)