|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surpasses any of Sara's manipulations?
(a) Franklin's dislike of his mother.
(b) Eleanor's hatred of her.
(c) The love between Franklin and Eleanor.
(d) The couples desire to be away from her.
2. How many sons does the couple have?
(a) One son.
(b) Four sons.
(c) Three sons.
(d) Two sons.
3. What soon happens to Elliott?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He moves in with Eleanor.
(d) He buys his own home in New York.
4. For how long does she study at this school?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
5. Where does she meet him?
(a) On a hike in the Poconos.
(b) On a plane bound for England.
(c) On a train bound for Hyde Park
(d) On a bus bound for Boston.
6. In what does Elliott encourage Eleanor?
(a) Her search for a suitable husband.
(b) Her desire for her own weatlh.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her study of the arts.
7. Why does Anna Roosevelt have a difficult time raising Eleanor?
(a) Due to her lack of interest in children.
(b) Due to her ill health.
(c) Due to her delicate nature.
(d) Due to her busy schedule.
8. How old is Anna when Eleanor is born?
9. Where is this school?
(a) New York.
10. Upon completion of her education in England, where does Eleanor go?
(a) To France.
(b) To Hawaii.
(c) Around the world.
11. How is this teacher's influence on Eleanor?
12. When do Eleanor's suspicions of Franklin's marital infidelities increase?
(a) When Eleanor finds a letter from another woman to her husband.
(b) When he continues to come home late at night.
(c) After Eleanor hires the attractive Lucy Page Mercer as her personal assistant.
(d) After Eleanor catches him with another woman.
13. What does Sara not take into consideration?
(a) What her grandchildren want.
(b) Franklin's interests.
(c) Eleanor's preferences.
(d) Her position in the family.
14. To what is Elliott addicted?
(d) Opiates and alcohol.
15. How does Eleanor describe her mother?
(a) One of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.
(b) A woman who never loved her.
(c) A woman who she never understood.
(d) One of the most annoying and irritatiing women she has ever known.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara act when the couple's children are born?
2. As Franklin establishes himself in Wilson's political camp, what does Eleanor do?
3. What happens between Eleanor and her teacher?
4. Who are Eleanor and Franklin's children?
5. How is Elliott compared to his brother?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)