|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
(a) Complications from alcoholism.
(b) He spends his inheritance.
(c) He begs Eleanor's grandmother to let him move in.
(d) He is shot in a bar.
2. In the autumn of 1913, where does Eleanor move her family?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Boston.
(d) To Washington, D.C.
3. What surpasses any of Sara's manipulations?
(a) The couples desire to be away from her.
(b) Franklin's dislike of his mother.
(c) Eleanor's hatred of her.
(d) The love between Franklin and Eleanor.
4. What is short-lived in Eleanor's life, after her mother's death?
(a) The time she spends in a foster home.
(b) Her living with her cousins.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her hope to regain a life with her father.
5. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
(b) The servants.
(c) Someone to run her household.
(d) An investigator to look into Eleanor's background.
6. Of what does Eleanor have many?
7. When is the couple married?
(a) December of 1915.
(b) March of 1915.
(c) December of 1905.
(d) March of 1905.
8. Over the next few years, what happens to Franklin and Eleanor's relationship?
(a) Their love grows deeper.
(b) They spend less time together.
(c) They spend more time together.
(d) They grow to dislike one another.
9. For how long does she study at this school?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve years.
10. When does Anna Hall marry Elliott Roosevelt?
(a) In 1883.
(b) In 1983.
(c) In 1803.
(d) In 1903.
11. Describe Anna's personality.
(a) Sickly and tired.
(b) Obedient and socially compliant.
(c) Willful and independent.
(d) Cold and unfeeling.
12. What does Elliott declare to Eleanor?
(a) His desire to die.
(b) His desire to be with her.
(c) His undying love for her mother.
(d) His undying love.
13. What makes the Roosevelts one of Washington's most dynamic couples?
(a) Their wealth and prestige.
(b) Their youth, wealth, and energy.
(c) Their intelligence and outgoing personalities.
(d) Their commanding presence.
14. To what is Elliott addicted?
(b) Opiates and alcohol.
15. During this time, Eleanor immerses herself in what?
(a) War-related support groups.
(b) Crash-related support groups.
(c) Support groups for families during the Great Depression.
(d) Support groups for families after the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elliott Roosevelt's brother?
2. Eventually, what is Elliott beginning to do?
3. Why do Franklin and Eleanor move to Albany?
4. What happens to this couple throughout their marriage?
5. With what does Anna struggle?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)