|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Franklin take with him to Houston?
2. Which of the following was not a type of lesson Eleanor took?
(a) Sports lessons.
(b) Dancing lessons.
(c) French lessons.
(d) Sewing lessons.
3. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(b) Drinking water.
(c) They aren't sure.
(d) Contaminated fish.
4. With whom did Eleanor travel during holidays when she was in boarding school?
(b) Grandmother Hall.
(c) Mlle. Souvestre.
(d) Her sister.
5. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(c) New York City.
6. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the winters?
(d) New York City.
7. Where did Franklin attend law school?
8. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
(d) The Philippines.
9. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(d) New York.
10. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
(a) Hot Springs.
(d) Hyde Park.
11. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
(a) New York City.
(b) Warm Springs.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
12. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sunshade.
(c) A fancy coat.
(d) A gun.
13. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) A law office.
(c) The Junior League.
(d) An elementary school.
14. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(a) Law school.
(b) A sanitarium.
15. Which politician did Franklin support?
(a) Robert La Follette.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Eugene V. Debs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend the summer with Franklin's family?
2. Which of the following countries did Eleanor and Franklin not visit the summer after they were married?
3. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
4. Where was the 1920 Democratic convention held?
5. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)