|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the 1920 Democratic convention held?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
2. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
(a) Les Ruches.
(b) None of the answers is correct..
3. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Took care of her oldest children.
(b) Nursed Franklin back to health.
(c) Worked in radio.
(d) Wrote in a journal.
4. From what did Ellie die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
5. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(b) New York.
6. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(b) An elementary school.
(c) A law office.
(d) The Junior League.
7. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
(b) The Philippines.
8. What was held in Houston in 1928?
(a) The World's Fair.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) The Republican Caucus.
(d) The Democratic Convention.
9. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(a) A sanitarium.
(d) Law school.
10. Where did Franklin attend law school?
11. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Decided to run for president.
(b) Started an accounting practice.
(c) Spent more time with his family.
(d) Formed a law firm.
12. What year was the Armistice signed?
13. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
(a) A housekeeper.
(c) Aunt Bye.
(d) Franklin's mother.
14. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(a) Alfred Smith.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
15. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
(b) Warm Springs.
(c) The Democratic Convention.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
2. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
3. What position did Eleanor take on WWI?
4. Which of the following was not a type of lesson Eleanor took?
5. Which politician did Franklin support?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)