|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
(a) Pictures taken of her children.
(b) Fine clothes.
(c) Secret Service protection.
(d) Alcohol in the White House.
2. What was Eleanor given to carry in her car?
(a) A fancy coat.
(b) A sunshade.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
3. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Hyde Park.
4. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
(a) At home.
(b) New York.
(d) On vacation in the Caribbean.
5. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
(b) Law school.
(d) A sanitarium.
6. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
(a) Aunt Pussie.
(c) Eleanor's mother.
(d) Eleanor's sisters.
7. How long was Eleanor's campaign trip with Franklin in 1920?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Eight months.
(c) One hundred days.
(d) Four months.
8. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
9. Which of her children did Eleanor have the most difficulty sending to boarding school?
(a) Her first son.
(b) Her youngest.
(c) All of them.
(d) Her oldest daughter.
10. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
(a) Everyone would stare at her and Franklin.
(b) She hated dresses.
(c) She felt she was too short.
(d) She couldn't dance and felt awkward around boys.
11. Which politician did Franklin support?
(a) William McKinley.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Eugene V. Debs.
(d) Robert La Follette.
12. Where did Eleanor attend boarding school at the age of 15?
(d) New York City.
13. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
(a) The Visitor's Gallery.
(c) At Campobello.
(d) At home.
14. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(c) New York.
15. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
(a) Franklin's mother.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) Aunt Bye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Eleanor live with after her mother died?
2. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
3. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
4. Why was the First Lady able to travel without being recognized?
5. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the winters?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)