|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
(b) At home.
(c) The Visitor's Gallery.
(d) At Campobello.
2. Who else was on the Roosevelts' ship when they sailed home?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) President Wilson.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Aunt Bye.
3. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
4. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was elected vice president.
(c) He had a bad fall.
(d) He became ill with infant paralysis.
5. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her older sister.
(d) Aunt Pussie.
6. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
(a) Elizabeth Read.
(b) Jane Addams.
(c) Gloria Steinem.
(d) Dorothea Dix.
7. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
(a) Nursed Franklin back to health.
(b) Wrote in a journal.
(c) Worked in radio.
(d) Took care of her oldest children.
8. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
(a) The Good Neighbor Policy.
(b) The Camaraderie Policy.
(c) The Ambassadorial Policy.
(d) The Good Friends Policy.
9. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Started an accounting practice.
(b) Spent more time with his family.
(c) Formed a law firm.
(d) Decided to run for president.
10. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
(a) The Philippines.
11. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Franklin, Jr.
12. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
(b) Eleanor fell ill.
(c) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
(d) Franklin broke his leg.
13. Where was Franklin in the fall of 1928?
(a) New York City.
(b) Warm Springs.
(d) The Democratic Convention.
14. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Eleanor's younger brother.
(b) Grandmother Hall.
(c) Eleanor's mother.
15. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
(a) Visiting heads of state in Europe.
(b) Caring for their children.
(c) Learning how to be a social worker.
(d) A lecture tour in the US.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
2. Why did Eleanor feel uncomfortable at parties?
3. What was held in Houston in 1928?
4. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1936?
5. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)