|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was the Armistice signed?
2. Where did Eleanor work after leaving school?
(a) The Junior League.
(c) An elementary school.
(d) A law office.
3. How did Eleanor and Franklin contract typhoid fever?
(a) They aren't sure.
(b) Drinking water.
(c) Contaminated fish.
4. Where did Eleanor teach for a short while?
(a) The Todhunter School.
(c) St. David's School.
5. From what did Ellie die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
6. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
(a) An epidemic of infant paralysis.
(b) It was too dangerous to travel during the war.
(c) Franklin broke his leg.
(d) Eleanor fell ill.
7. What sort of lessons did Eleanor take after the vice presidential election?
8. Why did the Roosevelt family begin to spend summers in Florida?
(a) Extended family moved there.
(b) Because of Franklin's health.
(c) It had fun places to vacation.
(d) It was a new tourist attraction.
9. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
(b) Les Ruches.
(c) None of the answers is correct..
10. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
(a) The Ambassadorial Policy.
(b) The Good Friends Policy.
(c) The Good Neighbor Policy.
(d) The Camaraderie Policy.
11. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
(a) Hyde Park.
(d) Las Vegas.
12. Whom did Franklin take with him to Houston?
13. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
(b) Alfred Smith.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
14. What occurred at the 1920 Democratic convention?
(a) Franklin fell ill.
(b) A meeting with European forces.
(c) Woodrow Wilson was elected president.
(d) Franklin was nominated for vice president.
15. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
(a) Braces and crutches.
(c) Eleanor's arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
2. Where did Eleanor and her family move in Chapter 6?
3. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
4. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
5. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the summers?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)