|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Anna moved?
(a) To France to be close to her husband.
(b) To a different house.
(c) In with her family.
(d) To a different city.
2. How is Elliott compared to his brother?
(a) Somewhat different.
(b) The same.
(d) The opposite.
3. How does Franklin court Eleanor?
(b) For a long time.
(c) In secret.
4. How does Sara act when the couple's children are born?
(a) She becomes even more controlling.
(b) She finally allows Eleanor to make some decisions.
(c) She completely allows Eleanor to take over.
(d) She continues to intervene and make decisions for the couple.
5. What reinforces their marriage?
(a) Their ability to compromise.
(b) Their faith in marriage.
(c) This political partnership.
(d) Their close relationship.
6. Of what does Sara approve of Eleanor?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her love for Franklin.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her social standing.
7. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
(a) The loss of her family's wealth.
(b) The impact of Eleanor's mother's death.
(c) Her father's addictions.
(d) The time she spent with her cousins.
8. On whom does Sara Roosevelt rely?
(b) Her sisters.
(d) Her husband.
9. When do Eleanor's suspicions of Franklin's marital infidelities increase?
(a) When Eleanor finds a letter from another woman to her husband.
(b) After Eleanor catches him with another woman.
(c) After Eleanor hires the attractive Lucy Page Mercer as her personal assistant.
(d) When he continues to come home late at night.
10. What leads to permanent estrangement between Elliott and Anna?
(a) Elliott's gambling.
(b) Elliott's travelling and being away from his family.
(c) Elliott's desire to spend money.
(d) Elliott's drinking and womanizing.
11. How do the two brothers feel about one another?
(a) They are extremely fond of each other.
(b) They dislike each other.
(c) They are very distant.
(d) They are jealous of each other.
12. What happens between Eleanor and her teacher?
(a) They become friends.
(b) They become lovers.
(c) They become enemies.
(d) They grow apart.
13. When is the couple married?
(a) March of 1905.
(b) March of 1915.
(c) December of 1905.
(d) December of 1915.
14. What do Eleanor and her teacher do together?
(a) They spend as much time apart as possible.
(b) They are traveling companions during Eleanor's stay in Europe.
(c) They sneak off on secret excursions.
(d) They disagree and fight.
15. What does Eleanor remember during this period of her life?
(a) Feeling completely abandoned.
(b) Feeling annoyed that her parents did not pay attention to her.
(c) Feeling free from parental control.
(d) Feeling confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Franklin hire to be his career strategist?
2. For how long does she study at this school?
3. When visiting the family homes in Hyde Park, New York, and Campobello in New Brunswick, Canada, how does Eleanor feel?
4. Where does Eleanor attend school?
5. For what does Eleanor's teacher encourage her to strive?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)