|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
(b) New York.
2. How old was Eleanor when Franklin proposed to her?
3. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
(a) Hot Springs.
(c) Hyde Park.
4. What did the Roosevelts create that promoted employment?
(a) A large political campaign.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A furniture factory.
(d) A post office.
5. What policy referred to improving relationships with Latin America?
(a) The Camaraderie Policy.
(b) The Good Neighbor Policy.
(c) The Ambassadorial Policy.
(d) The Good Friends Policy.
6. What sort of problem did Elliott Roosevelt have?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He was a gambler.
(c) He was a politician.
(d) He was too generous.
7. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first son?
8. Who worked for the Democratic Party in 1928?
(b) Franklin, Jr.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
9. With whom did Eleanor work on the League of Women Voters?
(a) Elizabeth Read.
(b) Jane Addams.
(c) Dorothea Dix.
(d) Gloria Steinem.
10. Where did the Roosevelts spend election night of 1932?
(c) The White House.
(d) New York City.
11. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
(a) She had panic attacks.
(b) She felt more relaxed.
(c) She did not like it.
(d) She enjoyed it.
12. Which politician did Franklin support?
(a) Eugene V. Debs.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) Robert La Follette.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
13. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He had a bad fall.
(c) He became ill with infant paralysis.
(d) He was elected vice president.
14. Who became governor of New York when Eleanor was in boarding school?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
15. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
(a) Alcohol in the White House.
(b) Pictures taken of her children.
(c) Secret Service protection.
(d) Fine clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped care for the Roosevelts' children?
2. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
3. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
4. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
5. From where was Franklin called when preparations were being made for the US to enter WWI?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)