|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eleanor's Aunt Bye live?
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
2. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
(b) Eleanor's mother.
(c) Eleanor's younger brother.
(d) Grandmother Hall.
3. Who escorted Eleanor home at the end of her first year of boarding school?
(b) Her older sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Aunt Pussie.
4. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(a) New York.
(c) South Africa.
5. What occurred at the 1920 Democratic convention?
(a) A meeting with European forces.
(b) Franklin was nominated for vice president.
(c) Franklin fell ill.
(d) Woodrow Wilson was elected president.
6. Who prepared the home for Eleanor and Franklin after they were married?
(a) Aunt Bye.
(b) Franklin's mother.
(c) A housekeeper.
7. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
(a) Aunt Bye's.
(c) Aunt Pussie's.
8. Which of her children did Eleanor have the most difficulty sending to boarding school?
(a) Her youngest.
(b) Her first son.
(c) Her oldest daughter.
(d) All of them.
9. Where was Eleanor when the declaration of war was delivered to Congress?
(a) The Visitor's Gallery.
(c) At home.
(d) At Campobello.
10. Where did Franklin recover in 1922?
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Hot Springs.
11. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
(b) It is not said.
12. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
(a) He listened to her and always did what she said.
(b) He frequently asked her to be quiet.
(c) He did not think she was able to make those types of decisions.
(d) He respected it, but didn't always follow it.
13. Which politician did Franklin support?
(a) William McKinley.
(b) Eugene V. Debs.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Robert La Follette.
14. While Franklin toured Latin America, what was Eleanor doing?
(a) Learning how to be a social worker.
(b) Visiting heads of state in Europe.
(c) A lecture tour in the US.
(d) Caring for their children.
15. What didn't Eleanor consent to, as First Lady?
(a) Fine clothes.
(b) Pictures taken of her children.
(c) Secret Service protection.
(d) Alcohol in the White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Eleanor live with after her mother died?
2. Whom did Franklin take with him to Houston?
3. What did Eleanor do during the years of the Depression?
4. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
5. What did Eleanor and her younger sons see in Europe?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)