|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes this to happen to Elliott?
(a) He spends his inheritance.
(b) He begs Eleanor's grandmother to let him move in.
(c) Complications from alcoholism.
(d) He is shot in a bar.
2. How many suitors does Eleanor have?
(a) Not many.
(b) A fair amount.
3. How does Eleanor describe her mother?
(a) One of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.
(b) A woman who never loved her.
(c) A woman who she never understood.
(d) One of the most annoying and irritatiing women she has ever known.
4. Of what does Eleanor's relationship with her beloved father consist?
(a) Frequent visits.
(b) Phone calls and e-mails.
(c) Brief visits and lyrical letters.
(d) Brief letters.
5. With what does Anna struggle?
(a) Her ability to raise her children on her own.
(b) Her financial woes.
(c) Her love for her husband.
(d) Her own sense of loneliness and depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does she study at this school?
2. Who does Sara hire while the couple is on their honeymoon?
3. What will haunt Eleanor her entire life?
4. Upon completion of her education in England, where does Eleanor go?
5. What becomes a pattern of separation that will repeat itself frequently over the next several years as the Roosevelts begin a period of public service?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)