* Eleanor Roosevelt's heritage is one of privilege and wealth, with both her parents being from socially prominent families in New York.
* Anna Hall marries Elliott Roosevelt in 1883 and Eleanor is born in October the following year; Anna is only twenty when Eleanor is born and unprepared to be a mother and society wife in one of the most important families in New York.
* Elliott Roosevelt is the only brother of Theodore Roosevelt and the cousin of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
* Elliot is the opposite of his rambunctious brother, but the two brothers are extremely fond of each other.
* Anna Roosevelt has a difficult time raising Eleanor, whose willfulness and independence are counter to Anna's obedient, socially compliant personality; this difference in personality would continue until Anna's death when Eleanor is only eight years old.
* Eleanor is her father's darling and naturally gravitates toward him for affection.
This section contains 2,777 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)