|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in Chapter 45 as "the only place TO go in Omaha"?
2. Who is the teacher that helps Eleanor look for her clothes in the locker room in Chapter 40?
3. How old is Maisie?
4. How much money does Park dig out of his sock drawer before escaping with Eleanor in Chapter 51?
5. What is the name of the bar that Richie hangs out at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What observations are revealed in Chapter 49?
2. How does Eleanor respond when Park asks why Sabrina doesn't leave Richie?
3. What causes Park to believe that Eleanor is writing the vulgar phrases on her books?
4. What do DeNice and Beebi tell Eleanor after hearing about her clothes in the gym locker room toilet?
5. Describe the ending of the novel. How have the characters changed?
6. What underlies Eleanor's jealousy over Tina in the narrative?
7. How does the author allude to Cinderella in Chapter 45? What is the significance of this literary allusion?
8. What is significant about Eleanor's envy of Park's family in Chapter 38?
9. How are the lives of the main characters described in Chapter 56?
10. How do Eleanor and Park react to their encounter in the hallway when Eleanor is in her gym clothes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ultimately leads to Eleanor's decision to run away from home? Where does Eleanor propose to go when she runs away? Is Eleanor's decision a good one? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of Park's father's truck in the novel. What does the truck symbolize to Park's father? What does it represent for Park? What themes are related to the truck?
Essay Topic 3
What communication takes place between Eleanor and Park after Eleanor has moved to Minnesota? Why does Eleanor struggle to communicate with Park? What does she send him in the end of the novel?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)