|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Inspiration Point" exists on what television show, according to Eleanor's narrative in Chapter 45?
2. Eleanor imagines herself as the hero of what novel in Chapter 51?
3. At what point in the baseball metaphor for intimacy do Eleanor and Park stop in Chapter 46?
4. What Beatles' song is mentioned in relation to Charles Manson in Chapter 29?
5. How does the narrator describe the backseat of Park's mother's car in Chapter 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Park describe Eleanor's appearance in Chapter 28? How does Eleanor respond?
2. Why does Mindy take Park to get his driver's license in Chapter 43?
3. What does Eleanor think about while waiting in the camper for Park in Chapter 51?
4. How are the lives of the main characters described in Chapter 56?
5. What underlies Eleanor's jealousy over Tina in the narrative?
6. What is significant about Eleanor's envy of Park's family in Chapter 38?
7. How does the author allude to Cinderella in Chapter 45? What is the significance of this literary allusion?
8. What do DeNice and Beebi tell Eleanor after hearing about her clothes in the gym locker room toilet?
9. Who is Cal? What is Cal's relationship to Park?
10. How do Eleanor and Park react to their encounter in the hallway when Eleanor is in her gym clothes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Mindy's "makeover" of Eleanor in the novel. How does Eleanor respond when Mindy insists on giving Eleanor a makeover? How does Eleanor's appearance change in the process? How does Eleanor respond?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Tina and Steve in the novel. How does Eleanor perceive these characters? How does Park perceive these characters? What history is revealed of the characters in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Eleanor's character in the novel. How old is Eleanor when the narrative begins? How is her appearance described? What is Eleanor's home life like? How does her character evolve in the course of the narrative?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)