|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of poem does Park choose to memorize for his English class?
2. Why did Steve break a guy's nose back in middle school?
3. Who greets Eleanor with a hug when she arrives home from school the first time?
4. What school book of Eleanor's has been defaced with a crude phrase in the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What is waiting on Eleanor's seat when she boards the bus in the beginning of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the theme of appearances apply to Park in the narrative?
2. How does the theme of appearances apply to Mindy's character?
3. How would you describe the relationship between Richie and Eleanor?
4. What causes Park's inner conflicts on the bus rides in the beginning of the novel?
5. How is the home where Eleanor lives described in the narrative?
6. How has the relationship between Park and Eleanor evolved in Chapter 12?
7. What is revealed about Park's appearance in Chapter 16?
8. With whom has Eleanor lived for the past year in the beginning of the novel? How did she come to live there?
9. What does Eleanor discover when she arrives home from school in Chapter 22?
10. How has Park's attitude changed in Chapter 23? Why has it changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Tina and Steve in the novel. How does Eleanor perceive these characters? How does Park perceive these characters? What history is revealed of the characters in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of music in Eleanor & Park. What music is discussed in the novel? What is its significance in the story? How do Eleanor's and Park's musical tastes differ? How are they alike?
Essay Topic 3
What ultimately leads to Eleanor's decision to run away from home? Where does Eleanor propose to go when she runs away? Is Eleanor's decision a good one? Why or why not?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)