|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Eleanor's siblings wets the bed at night?
2. Why does Eleanor feel comfortable leaving the light on at night?
3. What does Eleanor reveal to Park when he tries to give her The Smiths tape?
4. From Park's perspective, the narrative states in Chapter 15, "Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding" what?
5. How old was Park's mother when she married Park's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the home where Eleanor lives described in the narrative?
2. How does Park's mother react when Park is suspended for fighting?
3. What is revealed about Park's appearance in Chapter 16?
4. What does Park give to Eleanor in Chapter 9? Why?
5. How would you describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological father?
6. What causes Park's inner conflicts on the bus rides in the beginning of the novel?
7. How has Park's attitude changed in Chapter 23? Why has it changed?
8. How does Eleanor convince her mother to allow her to go to babysit for her father in Chapter 18?
9. Why do the students in Eleanor's English class laugh at her in Chapter 3?
10. How does the theme of appearances apply to Mindy's character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ultimately leads to Eleanor's decision to run away from home? Where does Eleanor propose to go when she runs away? Is Eleanor's decision a good one? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What role do comic books play in the narrative? What comic books are described in the story? How do Eleanor and Park relate to comic books?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of Park's father's truck in the novel. What does the truck symbolize to Park's father? What does it represent for Park? What themes are related to the truck?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)