|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car is Eleanor's dad driving when he picks her up from school in Chapter 19?
(a) A Ford Explorer.
(b) A Rolls Royce limousine.
(c) A Karmann Ghia convertible.
(d) An Astro mini-van.
2. Based on Eleanor's observations, how well does Park take care of the comic books that he lets her borrow?
(a) Not well at all.
(b) Perfectly well.
(c) Not very well.
(d) Somewhat well.
3. With the exception of Eleanor, what does everyone on the school bus have in Chapter 1?
(a) A seat they had claimed.
(b) A school bus-riding ID.
(c) A green and gold backpack.
(d) A school ID.
4. What television show are Park's grandparents watching when he goes to their house in Chapter 23?
(b) Family Feud.
(c) Happy Days.
(d) Wheel of Fortune.
5. What is Eleanor's mother's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tonya?
2. At what time does Eleanor go to put the child to sleep when she is babysitting in Chapter 19?
3. What animal does Eleanor compare Richie to in Chapter 10?
4. What item does Eleanor want to tell her counselor that she needs the most?
5. Who is Eleanor's Spanish teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor convince her mother to allow her to go to babysit for her father in Chapter 18?
2. Why do the vulgar phrases on Eleanor's book covers cause internal conflict for Park?
3. How does the theme of appearances apply to Mindy's character?
4. What does the act of holding hands signify for Park and Eleanor in Chapter 15?
5. How would you describe the hardships that Eleanor and her family face financially?
6. How does the theme of appearances apply to Park in the narrative?
7. What causes Park's inner conflicts on the bus rides in the beginning of the novel?
8. How has the relationship between Park and Eleanor evolved in Chapter 12?
9. What conversation takes place between Eleanor and DeNice after the fight between Park and Steve?
10. How would you describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological father?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)