|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eleanor's Spanish teacher?
(a) Senora Wilson.
(b) Senor Azil.
(c) Senora Matilda.
(d) Senora Bouzon.
2. To whose voice does Eleanor compare Park's in Chapter 19?
(a) Robert Smith's.
(b) Peter Gabriel's.
(c) John Lennon's.
(d) Paul McCartney's.
3. Why does it make sense for Richie to drive Eleanor to school every day?
(a) Because Eleanor's school is located on Richie's way to work.
(b) Because it would keep Eleanor's mother from having to pay Eleanor's bus fare every week.
(c) Because it would keep Eleanor from having to wait for the school bus outside on rainy and snowy days.
(d) Because it would give Eleanor the opportunity to sleep an extra 30 minutes every day.
4. How old was Park's mother when she married Park's father?
5. What television show are Park's grandparents watching when he goes to their house in Chapter 23?
(b) Family Feud.
(c) Wheel of Fortune.
(d) Happy Days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Park's family's garage been converted into?
2. Whose opinion is Park most concerned about in relation to how he treats Eleanor on the bus?
3. Why did Steve break a guy's nose back in middle school?
4. What does Park eat for dinner at his grandparents' house in Chapter 23?
5. What type of poem does Park choose to memorize for his English class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of poverty illustrated in Chapters 19-22?
2. How has Park's attitude changed in Chapter 23? Why has it changed?
3. What conversation takes place between Eleanor and DeNice after the fight between Park and Steve?
4. How would you describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological father?
5. What does Park give to Eleanor in Chapter 9? Why?
6. Why is Park conflicted about having Eleanor visit in Chapter 19?
7. How does Park's father respond when he learns that Park was suspended for fighting?
8. Why do the students in Eleanor's English class laugh at her in Chapter 3?
9. How does Eleanor convince her mother to allow her to go to babysit for her father in Chapter 18?
10. How does the theme of appearances apply to Park in the narrative?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)