|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Eleanor attempt writing a letter to in Spanish class in Chapter 27?
2. The line "To be or not to be" is from which of the following Shakespearean plays?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
3. Who is Eleanor's Spanish teacher?
(a) Senora Matilda.
(b) Senor Azil.
(c) Senora Bouzon.
(d) Senora Wilson.
4. What fictional character does Park compare Eleanor to in Chapter 19?
(a) The Pink Panther.
(d) Dirty Harry.
5. Where has Steve gotten a new job in Chapter 16?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A deli.
(d) A burger joint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Park's family's garage been converted into?
2. What television show are Park's grandparents watching when he goes to their house in Chapter 23?
3. Upon which of the following facts is Eleanor able to tell that Park is not really stupid, even though she refers to him as being that way?
4. In general, what does Eleanor think about honors students?
5. What is Park wearing as he waits for Eleanor at the bus stop in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe the hardships that Eleanor and her family face financially?
2. How is Eleanor's bedroom described at her mom's house? With whom does she share her room?
3. Why do the vulgar phrases on Eleanor's book covers cause internal conflict for Park?
4. What conversation takes place between Eleanor and DeNice after the fight between Park and Steve?
5. What causes Park's inner conflicts on the bus rides in the beginning of the novel?
6. How would you describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological father?
7. How does the theme of appearances apply to Park in the narrative?
8. How would you describe the relationship between Richie and Eleanor?
9. How has the relationship between Park and Eleanor evolved in Chapter 12?
10. What is revealed about Park's appearance in Chapter 16?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)