|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Eleanor's observations, how well does Park take care of the comic books that he lets her borrow?
(a) Not very well.
(b) Perfectly well.
(c) Not well at all.
(d) Somewhat well.
2. What U2 song is Eleanor playing on her father's stereo when talking to Park on the phone in Chapter 19?
(a) "Where the Streets Have No Name."
3. With the exception of Eleanor, what does everyone on the school bus have in Chapter 1?
(a) A seat they had claimed.
(b) A school bus-riding ID.
(c) A school ID.
(d) A green and gold backpack.
4. What is Eleanor's mother's last name?
5. Under what circumstances does Park say his parents met in Chapter 19?
(a) They met during the Vietnam War.
(b) They met during the Korean War.
(c) They met at a synogogue.
(d) They met during a business conference in Geneva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main reasons that Eleanor does not want to walk home from school in Chapter 2?
2. How many mixed tapes has Eleanor received from Park in the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. What day of the week is it in the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. How old is the child that Eleanor babysits for her father in Chapter 19?
5. When does the novel begin in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the home where Eleanor lives described in the narrative?
2. How is the theme of poverty illustrated in Chapters 19-22?
3. Why do the vulgar phrases on Eleanor's book covers cause internal conflict for Park?
4. How does the theme of appearances apply to Park in the narrative?
5. How does the theme of appearances apply to Mindy's character?
6. How does Park's father respond when he learns that Park was suspended for fighting?
7. What causes Eleanor internal conflict regarding her feelings for Park?
8. What causes Park to feel guilty for cursing at Eleanor in Chapter 9?
9. What does Park give to Eleanor in Chapter 9? Why?
10. Why is Park conflicted about having Eleanor visit in Chapter 19?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)