|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Stessman?
(a) Eleanor's former next-door neighbor.
(b) Eleanor's mother's landlord.
(c) Eleanor's history teacher.
(d) Eleanor's English teacher.
2. Upon which of the following facts is Eleanor able to tell that Park is not really stupid, even though she refers to him as being that way?
(a) Others had told her about his high level of intelligence.
(b) Both of this parents are known to be very wise.
(c) He always carries a dictionary with him.
(d) He is in two of Eleanor's honors classes.
3. Who greets Eleanor with a hug when she arrives home from school the first time?
(c) Her baby brother.
4. What does Eleanor reveal to Park when he tries to give her The Smiths tape?
(a) That she has just purchased a Walkman to be able to listen to it.
(b) That she does not have any equipment to listen to it.
(c) That she has already listened to a Smiths tape.
(d) That she does not really want to listen to the Smiths tape.
5. What is waiting on Eleanor's seat when she boards the bus in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) A stack of school books.
(b) A diary.
(c) A stack of comics.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on Eleanor's observations, how well does Park take care of the comic books that he lets her borrow?
2. In general, what does Eleanor think about honors students?
3. How does Eleanor let it be known that she likes the X-Men comic book series that she had borrowed from Park?
4. What band does Park deduce is "no good for drowning out the morons at the back of the bus" in Chapter 1?
5. What type of poem does Eleanor's English teacher suggest that she and her classmates select to memorize?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)