1. When does the novel begin in Chapter 1?
(a) October, 1985.
(b) August, 1985.
(c) September, 1986.
(d) August, 1986.
2. What band does Park deduce is "no good for drowning out the morons at the back of the bus" in Chapter 1?
(b) The Misfits.
(c) Skinny Puppy.
(d) The Smiths.
3. Why did Steve break a guy's nose back in middle school?
(a) Because the guy had made an insulting remark about him (Steve) and Tina.
(b) Because the guy would not give Tina his seat on the bus.
(c) Because the guy had made an insulting remark about Steve's father.
(d) Because the guy had tried to steal his wallet.
4. With the exception of Eleanor, what does everyone on the school bus have in Chapter 1?
(a) A school bus-riding ID.
(b) A green and gold backpack.
(c) A seat they had claimed.
(d) A school ID.
5. What is one of the main reasons that Eleanor does not want to walk home from school in Chapter 2?
(a) She does not know which direction to take.
(b) She is concerned that someone might harass her.
(c) Her right foot is hurting, and she is not sure she could make it all the way home.
(d) She does not want to give the impression that her family is poor.
This section contains 4,234 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)