|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the married man's most dangerous enemy according to the author?
(a) His wife's suitors.
(b) His wife.
(d) His conscience.
2. What does the author say the young man's attitude toward ethics is?
(a) The author says the young man finds ethics amusing.
(b) The author says the young man is not ordinarily disdainful of ethics.
(c) The author says the young man finds ethics fascinating.
(d) The author says the young man despises ethics.
3. What is the secret horror of every person who lives aethically, according to the author?
(b) Living freely.
4. What does the author assert is more important than cultivating one's mind?
(a) Cultivating one's garden.
(b) Gathering wealth.
(c) Developing one's personality.
(d) Traveling widely.
5. What is the author's attitude toward depression?
(a) Depression victimizes millions of people.
(b) Depression is the most beautiful gift from God.
(c) Depression is the fault of the depressed person.
(d) Depression makes a person wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author accuse the young man of having become?
2. Why do the author's two Englishmen travel to Arabia?
3. What path does nature take according to the author?
4. If one can "lose the whole world" without damaging one's soul, the author of the letter asserts, then what must "one's soul" prove to be?
5. What kind of energy does the author say a dying person has?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)