Short Answer Key
Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 1, Preface & A Fragment of Life
1. In what form is EITHER/OR written?
In the form of an epistle.
2. What is the opening phrase of the work?
3. What is the first subject Kierkegaard discusses?
4. What is the second subject Kierkegaard examines?
Messages from God.
5. From whom does King David hear a parable?
The prophet Nathan.
6. What does David understand about the parable?
David understands the message of the parable.
7. What is David unable to appreciate about the parable?
David is unable to appreciate how the parable applies to his own life.
8. Who does Kirkegaard explain the letter was intended for?
A young man.
9. What is the reader to understand about the content of Kierkegaard's letter?
The reader is to understand that the contents of the letter apply to the reader himself...
This section contains 3,139 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)