|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Either/Or : Chapter 13, Ultimatum and.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David unable to appreciate about the parable?
(a) David is unable to appreciate Nathan's literary skill.
(b) David is unable to appreciate the hidden language of heaven in the parable.
(c) David is unable to appreciate the time Nathan takes to convey the parable.
(d) David is unable to appreciate how the parable applies to his own life.
2. What does the author say can crush the aesthetic in a human being?
(a) A Man.
(b) An act of cruelty.
(c) A Woman.
(d) Nothing can crush the aesthetic in a human being.
3. To whom does the author compare the young man when he is ill-tempered?
(c) King David.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
4. What does the author say are the spheres proper to thought?
(d) All of these.
5. What moment does the newly married couple attempt to postpone?
(a) The moment of tenderness.
(b) The moment of consummation.
(c) The moment the couple realizes they are bored.
(d) The moment of risk.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author asserts that making a good choice does not depend so much on deliberation as on what?
2. What happens to the person who profits by being secretive according to the author?
3. According to the author, true marriage includes the religious and what other element?
4. About what emperor does the author go on at length?
5. First love is equivalent to what type of faith according to the author?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)