|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Either/Or : Chapter 13, Ultimatum and.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the author compare the engagement period?
(a) The time one spends at the hair salon.
(b) Being held underwater, dying for a gasp of fresh air.
(c) The time it takes many people to dive into the water when they go swimming.
(d) Being tortured on the rack.
2. What does the author say cannot survive in the young man's thought?
(b) The infinite.
(d) The finite.
3. To what religion does the author say marriage belongs?
4. What happens to the person who profits by being secretive according to the author?
(a) He always loses.
(b) He always wins.
(c) He is always tortured.
(d) He always comes in third.
5. Wherein is contained the whole wisdom of life according to the author?
(a) In sensual pleasure.
(b) In marital commitment.
(c) In religious duty.
(d) In Either/Or.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the young man he is writing to wants to be?
2. What does an individual become when his heart is open according to the author?
3. What does the author say can crush the aesthetic in a human being?
4. What is the risk in despairing over something particular according to the author?
5. What is the author's attitude toward scholarship?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)