|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Either/Or : Chapter 13, Ultimatum and.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is "the last to be satisfied"?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The heart.
(c) The ear.
(d) The eye.
2. What system does the author say he observed while he was a guest in the home of a young married couple?
(a) The Stanislavsky system.
(b) The fairness system.
(c) The secrecy system.
(d) The silent system.
3. What does Either/Or represent?
(a) Marital fidelity.
(b) Choice in human life.
(c) The capital of Denmark.
(d) An album of music.
4. What does David understand about the parable?
(a) David does not understand the parable at all.
(b) David understands how the parable applies to him.
(c) David understands Nathan is merely trying to manipulate him.
(d) David understands the message of the parable.
5. What quality does the author say love shares with everything eternal?
(a) A quality of lameness.
(b) A quality of ephemerality.
(c) A quality of sexiness.
(d) A quality of duplexity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the young man's attitude toward ethics is?
2. What is the secret horror of every person who lives aethically, according to the author?
3. If a sailor is enchanted by a mermaid's song, what is the only way to break the spell according to the author?
4. About what emperor does the author go on at length?
5. In what does the author say the young man is prolific?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)