|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Either/Or : Chapter 13, Ultimatum and.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author assert that God never forgets about man?
(a) That man is a weak and frail creature.
(b) That man is utterly infallible.
(c) That man is highly amusing.
(d) That man is in charge of the world.
2. What does the author say first love is for him?
(a) A good word.
(b) A password.
(c) A catch phrase.
(d) A bad word.
3. What does the author call the young man's intellectual capacities?
(a) Truly remarkable.
(d) Beyond genius.
4. What does the author say an aesthetic representation requires?
(a) A beautiful picture frame.
(b) Lots of laughter.
(c) Concentration on the moment.
(d) Lots of money.
5. What does the author say is like a bitter medicine?
(a) Admitting one is depressed.
(b) Drinking hemlock.
(c) Admitting one is in the wrong.
(d) Admitting one must go to therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reader to understand about the content of Kierkegaard's letter?
2. What does the author call the young man's condition of despair?
3. What idea does the insane man, of whom the author writes, have fixed in his head?
4. What natural need does every human being have according to the author?
5. The author asserts that it might seem proper for marital love to begin with a kind of what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)