|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Either/Or : Chapter 13, Ultimatum and.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who has gained everything according to the author?
(a) The person who has laughed at the faults of another.
(b) The person who has lost everything in the world.
(c) The person who has laughed at his faults.
(d) The person who has gained everything in the world.
2. What does the author say can crush the aesthetic in a human being?
(a) A Woman.
(b) A Man.
(c) An act of cruelty.
(d) Nothing can crush the aesthetic in a human being.
3. What does the author say it is easy to do?
(a) Walk a hundred miles.
(c) Deceive oneself.
(d) Have a happy marriage.
4. Why is the author accustomed to writing on this particular object?
(a) Because he lives in ancient Egypt.
(b) Because he is blind.
(c) Because he is a public official.
(d) Because he lives in modern India.
5. What does the author say that the young man thinks life is?
(a) A lark.
(b) A masquerade.
(c) A fair.
(d) A trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kirkegaard explain the letter was intended for?
2. Wherein is contained the whole wisdom of life according to the author?
3. According to the author of the letter, to what does a religious person refer everything?
4. What path does nature take according to the author?
5. What is the only manner in which the author says one may argue with God?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)