|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Either/Or : Chapter 13, Ultimatum and.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an individual become when his heart is open according to the author?
2. Between what two types of doubt does the author say it is important to distinguish?
(a) Temporal and eternal doubt.
(b) Religious and erotic doubt.
(c) Personal and scientific doubt.
(d) No doubt and full doubt.
3. What happens to the person who profits by being secretive according to the author?
(a) He always comes in third.
(b) He always wins.
(c) He is always tortured.
(d) He always loses.
4. According to the author, of what can the mystic not be absolved?
(a) Harboring anger toward his brother.
(b) Harboring lust in his heart.
(c) A certain exclusivity in his relationship with others.
(d) A certain obtrusiveness in his relationship to God.
5. What are the excesses of the mystics according to the author of the letter?
(a) Drinking and drug taking.
(b) Self-tormenting and annihilation of the physical.
(c) Praying all day and all night.
(d) Attempting to help every person they come across.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author write is on the other side of the aesthetic?
2. In discussing the the aesthetic of marriage, upon what does the author of the letter draw?
3. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
4. According to the author of the letter, to what does a religious person refer everything?
5. What does the author call the young man's condition of despair?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)