|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 9, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the excesses of the mystics according to the author of the letter?
(a) Drinking and drug taking.
(b) Praying all day and all night.
(c) Self-tormenting and annihilation of the physical.
(d) Attempting to help every person they come across.
2. What does the author say God's love is?
3. If a sailor is enchanted by a mermaid's song, what is the only way to break the spell according to the author?
(a) One must play the same piece backward without making a single mistake.
(b) One must swallow the eye of a newt.
(c) One must consult a wise man and obtain his blessing.
(d) One must remember Either/Or.
4. What is everyone born with a penchant for according to the author?
(a) Singing songs.
(b) Climbing hills.
(c) Painting pictures.
(d) Descending hills.
5. What does Either/Or represent?
(a) The capital of Denmark.
(b) An album of music.
(c) Marital fidelity.
(d) Choice in human life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What path does nature take according to the author?
2. From whom does King David hear a parable?
3. What concept does the author of the letter introduce at the beginning of this section?
4. What does the author say is the young man's position in relation to philosophy?
5. What is ostensibly one of the most respectable reasons for getting married according to the author?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)