|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 9, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what form is EITHER/OR written?
(a) In the form of a code.
(b) In the form of a casual conversation.
(c) In the form of an epistle.
(d) In the form of a lecture.
2. How does the author say he must always be with the young man?
3. What does the author say the young man he is writing to wants to be?
(a) A pig.
(c) A priest.
(d) An archangel.
4. Why does the author suggest the young man may be "depressed" and fear marriage?
(a) The young man may be thinking, "She doesn't really love me; all love is false."
(b) The young man's parents were unhappy in their marriage and abused him all his life.
(c) Perhaps the young man has not been taking his medication.
(d) The young man may be thinking, "Everything may change; what if this person that now I almost worship may change; what if, what if, etc."
5. What does the author say happens to people who deceive others for an extended period?
(a) Such people live ever more happily.
(b) Such people become unable to show their true natures.
(c) Such people get elected to public office.
(d) Such people become dim-witted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does the author say the young man is prolific?
2. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
3. What does the author say can crush the aesthetic in a human being?
4. What is love according to the author?
5. What does the author say that the young man thinks life is?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)