|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 9, Equilibrium.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What system does the author say he observed while he was a guest in the home of a young married couple?
(a) The silent system.
(b) The fairness system.
(c) The secrecy system.
(d) The Stanislavsky system.
2. What aspect of love does the author say is momentary?
(a) The hateful aspect.
(b) The romantic aspect.
(c) The sensuous aspect.
(d) The tender aspect.
3. According to the author, true marriage includes the religious and what other element?
(a) The pure.
(b) The fated.
(c) The sacrilegious.
(d) The erotic.
4. Why is the author accustomed to writing on this particular object?
(a) Because he is blind.
(b) Because he lives in modern India.
(c) Because he is a public official.
(d) Because he lives in ancient Egypt.
5. How does the author say the young man may best perceive the state that precedes first love?
(a) By recalling that love makes one fly.
(b) By recalling that love makes one feel quite good.
(c) By recalling that love makes one blind.
(d) By recalling that love makes one lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one word does the author say can describe love?
2. To what does the author of the letter compare the young man at the end of this section?
3. How does the author describe a couple's connection in a marriage of convenience?
4. What does the author say is the most intensive enjoyment?
5. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)