|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 3, Aesthetic Validation of Marriage - First Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author of the letter accustomed to writing on?
(a) Tablets of stone.
(c) Full sheets.
2. What quality does the author say love shares with everything eternal?
(a) A quality of sexiness.
(b) A quality of lameness.
(c) A quality of duplexity.
(d) A quality of ephemerality.
3. Why is the author accustomed to writing on this particular object?
(a) Because he is blind.
(b) Because he is a public official.
(c) Because he lives in modern India.
(d) Because he lives in ancient Egypt.
4. What does the author say romantic love is built on?
(a) A rock.
(b) An ocean.
(c) An illusion.
(d) An undeniable reality.
5. To what does the author compare the engagement period?
(a) Being held underwater, dying for a gasp of fresh air.
(b) Being tortured on the rack.
(c) The time it takes many people to dive into the water when they go swimming.
(d) The time one spends at the hair salon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the defect of his era?
2. What is the middle course that the "marriage of convenience" takes according to the author?
3. Why is "sympathetic" depression noble according to the author of the letter?
4. What does the author say that the first love always is?
5. What does the author say would be a matter of indifference to Christians?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)