|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 3, Aesthetic Validation of Marriage - First Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say first love is for him?
(a) A bad word.
(b) A good word.
(c) A catch phrase.
(d) A password.
2. What character in opera does the author say embodies the state preceding love?
(a) Tristan in TRISTAN AND ISOLDE.
(b) Wotan in THE RING CYCLE.
(c) Page in FIGARO.
(d) Don Giovanni in DON GIOVANNI.
3. What is the second subject Kierkegaard examines?
(a) Messages from distant cousins.
(b) Messages from yourself.
(c) Messages from God.
(d) Messages in bottles.
4. Of what two things is first love a unity?
(a) Freedom and necessity.
(b) Hot and cold.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Passion and indifference.
5. What does the author say is the defect of his era?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
2. What is the reader to understand about the content of Kierkegaard's letter?
3. What does the author assert reflective love does?
4. How does the author describe a couple's connection in a marriage of convenience?
5. According to the author, what happens to the value of an original, or first, thing if it may be repeated?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)