|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 11, Equilibrium - Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of energy does the author say a dying person has?
(a) Atomic energy.
(b) Supranatural energy.
(c) Not very much energy at all.
(d) Light energy.
2. What does the author say that the first love always is?
(a) A terrific bore.
(b) An unavoidable necessity.
(c) A profound evil.
(d) The highest earthly good.
3. How is it said that married folk should live according to the author?
(a) In never-ending bliss.
(b) In good understanding of one another.
(c) In confusion.
(d) In utter silence.
4. According to the author, true marriage includes the religious and what other element?
(a) The fated.
(b) The sacrilegious.
(c) The erotic.
(d) The pure.
5. In what does the author say the young man is prolific?
(a) In composing symphonies.
(b) In coining phrases of his favorite conclusions.
(c) In writing novels.
(d) In writing volumes of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Either/Or represent?
2. Why is the author accustomed to writing on this particular object?
3. How ought we deal with the frail according to the author?
4. What concept does the author of the letter introduce at the beginning of this section?
5. What is the author's attitude toward depression?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)