|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 11, Equilibrium - Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's answer to the claim that poverty may be a serious difficulty for marriage?
2. What does the author say can crush the aesthetic in a human being?
(a) A Woman.
(b) An act of cruelty.
(c) A Man.
(d) Nothing can crush the aesthetic in a human being.
3. Why does the author suggest the young man may be "depressed" and fear marriage?
(a) The young man may be thinking, "Everything may change; what if this person that now I almost worship may change; what if, what if, etc."
(b) Perhaps the young man has not been taking his medication.
(c) The young man's parents were unhappy in their marriage and abused him all his life.
(d) The young man may be thinking, "She doesn't really love me; all love is false."
4. Every coming into existence, according to the author, always has an element of what?
(b) Stepping back.
5. What moment does the newly married couple attempt to postpone?
(a) The moment of risk.
(b) The moment of tenderness.
(c) The moment of consummation.
(d) The moment the couple realizes they are bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say cannot survive in the young man's thought?
2. What quality does the author say love shares with everything eternal?
3. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
4. What creature sends the author into "reverie"?
5. How does the author say he must always be with the young man?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)