|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 11, Equilibrium - Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author say the young man lives?
(a) The author says the young man lives by stealing happy moments.
(b) All of these.
(c) The author says the young man lives by plundering.
(d) The author says the young man lives by creeping up unnoticed on people.
2. What does the author say his era has discerned about romantic love very well?
(a) The non-existence of it.
(b) The strength of it.
(c) The weakness of it.
(d) The fleeting quality of it.
3. What is ostensibly one of the most respectable reasons for getting married according to the author?
(a) To do penance.
(b) There is no respectable reason for getting married.
(c) To enoble one's character.
(d) To test one's patience.
4. The author asserts that it might seem proper for marital love to begin with a kind of what?
5. If the the young man fails his wife, who does the author say will punish him?
(a) The author says the state will punish the young man.
(b) The author says his wife will punish the young man.
(c) The author says the Danish marriage police will punish the young man.
(d) The author says the young man will punish himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does first love not need according to the author?
2. What does the author assert is more important than cultivating one's mind?
3. What does the author say the young man's attitude toward ethics is?
4. What does the author say one must transform to preserve the aesthetic in human beings?
5. What does the author claim Martin Luther said a Christian has never died of?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)