|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Either/Or : Chapter 11, Equilibrium - Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says he would rather have a murder on his conscience than what?
(a) To have eaten the last piece of cake.
(b) To have spurned a girls love.
(c) To have lied about his age.
(d) To have stolen an erotic glance at a beautiful woman.
2. The author asserts that making a good choice does not depend so much on deliberation as on what?
(a) A learning of correctness.
(b) Just doing what one feels.
(c) What others wish for one to do.
(d) A baptism of the will.
3. How does the author say he must always be with the young man?
4. What does first love not fear according to the author?
5. What does the author say the actual experience of love is?
(a) An awakening.
(b) A falling backward.
(c) Deeply painful.
(d) A pretty song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the defect of his era?
2. What is the only way the author claims he would ever wish to be in relation to his wife?
3. What does the author say that the first love always is?
4. To what religion does the author say marriage belongs?
5. Who is the only one who has a true conception of who he is according to the author?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)