Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
2. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
3. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
4. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
5. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of duty and honor in 19th century German society. Who personifies duty and honor in the story? How does the importance placed on duty and honor affect the lives of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fontane's use of irony in the novel "Effi Briest".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Fontane's use of allegory in the novel "Effi Briest".
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)