|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
(a) Street noise.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Running water.
2. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
(a) They might be caught by Innstetten.
(b) They might have some time alone together.
(c) There might be a meteor shower.
(d) They might get snowed in.
3. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
4. How does Innstetten travel to Kessin for his duel with Crampas?
(a) By train.
(b) By sailboat.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By steamer.
5. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
2. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
3. In May, when Effi becomes ill at Hohen-Cremmen, where does her mother want to take her to convalesce?
4. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
5. What do Effi and her mother think of the apartment they see in Keithstrasse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Roswitha in the past when she found out she was pregnant?
2. After the duel, what does Innstetten think he should have done instead?
3. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself to?
4. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
5. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
6. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
7. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
8. Why is Effi's return trip to Kessin from Berlin postponed?
9. Why is Innstetten happier in Berlin than in Kessin?
10. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)