|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
2. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
3. In May, when Effi becomes ill at Hohen-Cremmen, where does her mother want to take her to convalesce?
(c) Down south.
(d) The sea-side.
4. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) With Innstetten.
(c) With her parents.
(d) A rooming house.
5. What happens after Effi reads the registered letter?
(a) Effi faints.
(b) Effi cries.
(c) Effi laughs.
(d) Effi becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
2. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
3. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
4. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
5. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
2. What happened to Roswitha in the past when she found out she was pregnant?
3. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
4. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
5. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself to?
6. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
7. How does Effi say good-bye to Gieshübler?
8. Describe the poem, "God's Wall", which Effi knows from childhood.
9. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
10. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)