|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month does Effi die?
2. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a clinic.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a basement.
3. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a farmer's field.
(c) On a dirt road.
(d) In front of Crampas' house.
4. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
(a) He was cold.
(b) He was correct.
(c) He was calculating.
(d) He was cruel.
5. What do Effi and her mother think of the apartment they see in Keithstrasse?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is perfect.
(c) It is dilapidated.
(d) It is a health risk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
2. What do the Briests fear will happen if Effi does NOT have another child?
3. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
4. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
5. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Innstetten say he must duel with Crampas?
2. Why doesn't Effi travel to Switzerland or Menton when she is ill, even though the doctor recommends it?
3. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
4. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
5. After the duel, what does Innstetten think he should have done instead?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Crampas decide to produce?
7. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
8. Describe the poem, "God's Wall", which Effi knows from childhood.
9. How does Effi say good-bye to Gieshübler?
10. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)