|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May, when Effi becomes ill at Hohen-Cremmen, where does her mother want to take her to convalesce?
(b) The sea-side.
(d) Down south.
2. Living at Hohen-Cremmen, who does Effi wish she had as a companion?
3. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
4. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
(a) Ruins of a castle.
(b) Sacrificial stones.
(c) A Roman bath.
(d) Cave paintings.
5. What is the name of Effi's doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
2. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
3. What does Effi dislike about the preacher at Christuskirche across the street from her flat?
4. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
5. Who does Effi seek help from to get permission to see her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
2. What does Innstetten ask of Wüllersdorf in Chapter 28?
3. After the duel, what does Innstetten think he should have done instead?
4. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
5. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
6. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
7. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
8. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
9. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
10. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)