|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
2. What do Effi and her mother think of the apartment they see in Keithstrasse?
(a) It is dilapidated.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is a health risk.
(d) It is perfect.
3. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
(a) She cuts her head.
(b) She sprains her ankle.
(c) She loses consciousness.
(d) She breaks her arm.
4. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(a) Shooting stars.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(d) The sunset.
5. Where does Johanna tell Roswitha to look for Effi's long bandage?
(a) The bathroom cabinet.
(b) A dresser drawer.
(c) A china cabinet.
(d) A sewing table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wüllersdorf?
2. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
3. At dinner in Uvagla, who offers a toast to the forester?
4. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
5. What is the "schloon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself to?
2. Why does Innstetten say he must duel with Crampas?
3. Why is Effi's return trip to Kessin from Berlin postponed?
4. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
5. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
6. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
7. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
8. Describe the poem, "God's Wall", which Effi knows from childhood.
9. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
10. In Chapter 18, what does Crampas decide to produce?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)