|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
(a) Scarlet fever.
2. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
(a) She oversees the kitchen.
(b) She tends to yard work.
(c) She tutors Annie.
(d) She does the laundry.
3. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) He did not go to jail.
(d) One year.
4. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
(a) They might have some time alone together.
(b) There might be a meteor shower.
(c) They might get snowed in.
(d) They might be caught by Innstetten.
5. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
2. In Chapter 34, who writes to Effi's parents to say she should be with them?
3. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
4. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request that he send to Effi at Hohen-Cremmen?
5. Where do Effi and Innstetten meet fellow tourists, the von Penzes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
2. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
3. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
4. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Crampas decide to produce?
6. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
7. Why does Innstetten say he must duel with Crampas?
8. What annoys Effi about Cora Ring?
9. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
10. What is found one day after Annie cuts her head?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)