|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
(a) One year.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) He did not go to jail.
(d) One week.
2. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
(a) Member of Parliament.
(d) Permanent Secretary.
3. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
4. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(a) A hot air balloon.
(b) Shooting stars.
(d) The sunset.
5. When does Innstetten begin his new job at the ministry?
(a) In April.
(b) In July.
(c) In October.
(d) In January.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
2. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
3. What does Innstetten say is passé in Berlin?
4. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
5. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
2. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
3. What does Innstetten ask of Wüllersdorf in Chapter 28?
4. Why doesn't Effi travel to Switzerland or Menton when she is ill, even though the doctor recommends it?
5. Who helps Effi after her husband and family abandon her?
6. Why is Innstetten happier in Berlin than in Kessin?
7. Why does Innstetten say he must duel with Crampas?
8. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
9. What does the postman deliver to Effi when she is staying in Ems?
10. Why is Effi's return trip to Kessin from Berlin postponed?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)