|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Innstetten say is passé in Berlin?
(c) Frilly dresses.
(d) Reading poetry.
2. Who is Wüllersdorf?
(a) Innstetten's colleague at the ministry.
(b) Annie's school teacher.
(c) Roswitha's secret lover.
(d) The Innstettens' neighbor.
3. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
(a) Stick a needle in her eye.
(c) Set herself on fire.
(d) Be stoned.
4. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
(a) Any day he does not remember Effi.
(b) Any day he makes it through without annoyance.
(c) Any day the sun is shining.
(d) Any day he sees his daughter.
5. What happens after Effi reads the registered letter?
(a) Effi laughs.
(b) Effi faints.
(c) Effi cries.
(d) Effi becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Innstetten need Wüllersdorf to play in his duel with Crampas?
2. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
3. After passing the schloon, who does Effi ride alone with in the sleigh?
4. What does the registered letter contain?
5. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)