|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
2. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
3. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(a) Social standing.
(b) The little things.
4. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
(a) A health spa.
(b) A villa.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A townhouse.
5. How does Innstetten travel to Kessin for his duel with Crampas?
(a) By steamer.
(b) By sailboat.
(c) By train.
(d) By carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
2. After the duel, by what means does Innstetten travel back to Berlin?
3. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
4. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
5. While on vacation in the summer, Effi hears of a town which shares its name with which of her acquaintances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
2. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
3. What does Innstetten ask of Wüllersdorf in Chapter 28?
4. What do Effi's acquaintances in Berlin often swap anecdotes about?
5. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
6. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
7. Who helps Effi after her husband and family abandon her?
8. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
9. Who does Effi coincidentally see on the horse tram, and what does she become inspired to do?
10. Why does Innstetten say he must duel with Crampas?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)