|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
(b) Scarlet fever.
2. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
(d) Her parents.
3. Where does Johanna tell Roswitha to look for Effi's long bandage?
(a) A china cabinet.
(b) A dresser drawer.
(c) The bathroom cabinet.
(d) A sewing table.
4. What happens after Effi reads the registered letter?
(a) Effi laughs.
(b) Effi becomes angry.
(c) Effi faints.
(d) Effi cries.
5. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) The flu.
(c) A cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
2. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
3. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
4. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
5. What is Effi's mother seeing a doctor about in Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What annoys Effi about Cora Ring?
2. Why is Effi's return trip to Kessin from Berlin postponed?
3. Who helps Effi after her husband and family abandon her?
4. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
5. How does Effi say good-bye to Gieshübler?
6. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
7. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
8. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
9. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
10. After the duel, what does Innstetten think he should have done instead?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)