|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
(a) Crampas only helps Effi memorize her lines.
(b) Crampas is less strict with Effi.
(c) Crampas speaks to Effi more than anyone else.
(d) Crampas is less attentive to Effi.
2. How long has Effi lived in Kessin by the time she leaves for Berlin?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Nine months.
3. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
4. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
(a) They dislike the city.
(b) They need to stay behind for their families.
(c) They are not wanted.
(d) They are too old.
5. How does Innstetten travel to Kessin for his duel with Crampas?
(a) By train.
(b) By steamer.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By sailboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
2. Why does Effi's mother suggest she stay in Berlin?
3. What do Effi and her mother think of the apartment they see in Keithstrasse?
4. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
5. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is found one day after Annie cuts her head?
2. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
3. Why is Effi's return trip to Kessin from Berlin postponed?
4. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
5. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
6. After the duel, what does Innstetten think he should have done instead?
7. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
8. What does the postman deliver to Effi when she is staying in Ems?
9. What happened to Roswitha in the past when she found out she was pregnant?
10. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)