|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
2. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
(a) Being spoiled when she was a baby.
(b) Annie's mother.
(c) Her French blood.
(d) Effi's mother.
3. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
(a) She tends to yard work.
(b) She oversees the kitchen.
(c) She tutors Annie.
(d) She does the laundry.
4. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
(a) One year.
(b) He did not go to jail.
(c) One week.
(d) Six weeks.
5. After the duel, who deals with the authorities on Innstetten's behalf?
(a) Effi's father.
(b) Innstetten himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
2. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
3. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
4. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
5. How long has Effi lived in Kessin by the time she leaves for Berlin?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)