|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who writes to Effi's parents to say she should be with them?
(a) Dr. Rummschüttel.
2. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
(a) She loses consciousness.
(b) She breaks her arm.
(c) She sprains her ankle.
(d) She cuts her head.
3. How long has Effi lived in Kessin by the time she leaves for Berlin?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen months.
4. When does Innstetten begin his new job at the ministry?
(a) In October.
(b) In January.
(c) In April.
(d) In July.
5. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
(a) In a clinic.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
2. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
3. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
4. Who is Wüllersdorf?
5. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
2. What does Innstetten ask of Wüllersdorf in Chapter 28?
3. How does Effi say good-bye to Gieshübler?
4. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
5. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
6. What is found one day after Annie cuts her head?
7. Why is Innstetten happier in Berlin than in Kessin?
8. What does the postman deliver to Effi when she is staying in Ems?
9. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
10. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)