|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Effi and Innstetten meet fellow tourists, the von Penzes?
2. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
(a) He was correct.
(b) He was cold.
(c) He was cruel.
(d) He was calculating.
3. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
(a) "One False Step".
(b) "The Biblical Way".
(c) "The Miracle".
(d) "The Tutor".
4. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
5. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself over to like everyone else?
(a) Family life.
(b) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
2. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
3. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
4. What does the registered letter contain?
5. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is found one day after Annie cuts her head?
2. After the duel, what does Innstetten think he should have done instead?
3. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself to?
4. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
5. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
6. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
7. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
8. What annoys Effi about Cora Ring?
9. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
10. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)