|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
(a) "The Miracle".
(b) "The Biblical Way".
(c) "One False Step".
(d) "The Tutor".
2. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) A rooming house.
(b) With Innstetten.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) With her parents.
3. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
4. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
(a) Sacrificial stones.
(b) Cave paintings.
(c) Ruins of a castle.
(d) A Roman bath.
5. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
(a) Whooping cough.
(b) A chest infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
2. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
3. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
4. Who does Effi seek help from to get permission to see her daughter?
5. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
2. Who does Effi coincidentally see on the horse tram, and what does she become inspired to do?
3. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
4. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
5. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
6. What do Effi's acquaintances in Berlin often swap anecdotes about?
7. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
8. Who helps Effi after her husband and family abandon her?
9. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
10. Why doesn't Effi travel to Switzerland or Menton when she is ill, even though the doctor recommends it?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)