|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
2. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
(a) Any day the sun is shining.
(b) Any day he sees his daughter.
(c) Any day he does not remember Effi.
(d) Any day he makes it through without annoyance.
3. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) God's Wall.
(b) The Wanderers.
(c) The Winter Tale.
(d) The Horse Race.
4. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) No one.
5. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself over to like everyone else?
(a) Hard work.
(c) Family life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
2. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
3. What is Effi's mother seeing a doctor about in Berlin?
4. Who are the Gizickis?
5. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
2. What does Innstetten ask of Wüllersdorf in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
4. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
5. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
6. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
7. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
8. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
9. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
10. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)