|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Innstetten begin his new job at the ministry?
(a) In April.
(b) In October.
(c) In January.
(d) In July.
2. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) With her parents.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) A rooming house.
(d) With Innstetten.
3. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
4. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
(a) In front of Crampas' house.
(b) On the beach.
(c) On a dirt road.
(d) In a farmer's field.
5. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
(a) A birdbath.
(b) A bench.
(c) A sundial.
(d) A statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
2. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
3. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
4. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
5. What is the "schloon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
2. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
3. Who does Effi coincidentally see on the horse tram, and what does she become inspired to do?
4. Why doesn't Effi travel to Switzerland or Menton when she is ill, even though the doctor recommends it?
5. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
6. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
7. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
8. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
9. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
10. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)