|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers help after Effi is abandoned by her husband and parents?
(d) Hulda Niemeyer.
2. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
(a) They might have some time alone together.
(b) They might be caught by Innstetten.
(c) There might be a meteor shower.
(d) They might get snowed in.
3. After the duel, who deals with the authorities on Innstetten's behalf?
(a) Innstetten himself.
(d) Effi's father.
4. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
(a) The beach.
(b) In town.
(c) In the park.
(d) Through fields.
5. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
2. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
3. While on vacation in the summer, Effi hears of a town which shares its name with which of her acquaintances?
4. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
5. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the postman deliver to Effi when she is staying in Ems?
2. What happened to Roswitha in the past when she found out she was pregnant?
3. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
4. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
5. Who does Effi coincidentally see on the horse tram, and what does she become inspired to do?
6. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
7. What does Innstetten feel after learning of Effi's affair?
8. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
9. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
10. Why doesn't Effi travel to Switzerland or Menton when she is ill, even though the doctor recommends it?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)