|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month does Effi die?
2. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
(a) To teach Crampas a lesson.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To keep society's code.
(d) To defend his wife's honor.
3. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
4. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
(b) Her parents.
5. The Jahnkes twins marry men of which occupation?
(c) Military officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
2. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
3. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
4. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
5. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
2. What annoys Effi about Cora Ring?
3. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
4. Who helps Effi after her husband and family abandon her?
5. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
6. Describe the poem, "God's Wall", which Effi knows from childhood.
7. How is Effi reminded of Crampas while on vacation with Innstetten?
8. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
9. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
10. Why doesn't Effi travel to Switzerland or Menton when she is ill, even though the doctor recommends it?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)