|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who flirts with Innstetten in Uvagla?
(c) Marietta Trippelli.
2. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
(a) He was cruel.
(b) He was cold.
(c) He was calculating.
(d) He was correct.
3. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A villa.
4. Where do Effi and Innstetten meet fellow tourists, the von Penzes?
5. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
2. Where does Johanna tell Roswitha to look for Effi's long bandage?
3. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
4. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
5. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
2. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
3. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
4. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
5. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Crampas decide to produce?
7. Who helps Effi after her husband and family abandon her?
8. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
9. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
10. What does Innstetten ask of Wüllersdorf in Chapter 28?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)