|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part does Innstetten need Wüllersdorf to play in his duel with Crampas?
(a) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to be his second.
(b) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to help him cheat.
(c) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to tell Effi about the duel.
(d) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to referee.
2. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) The flu.
(b) A cold.
3. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her household skills.
(b) Teaching her religion.
(c) Teaching her to read and write.
(d) Teaching her manners.
4. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(b) Shooting stars.
(c) The sunset.
(d) A hot air balloon.
5. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(b) Social standing.
(d) The little things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
2. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
3. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
4. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
5. What does Effi dislike about the preacher at Christuskirche across the street from her flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
2. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
3. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
4. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
5. What does Effi hope will be helped by moving to Berlin?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Crampas decide to produce?
7. Why is Innstetten happier in Berlin than in Kessin?
8. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
9. What annoys Effi about Cora Ring?
10. What is found one day after Annie cuts her head?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)