|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the registered letter contain?
(a) Money and a note.
(b) A will and a note.
(c) A property deed and a note.
(d) A newspaper clipping and a note.
2. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
3. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
4. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
(a) On a dirt road.
(b) In front of Crampas' house.
(c) In a farmer's field.
(d) On the beach.
5. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) He did not go to jail.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flirts with Innstetten in Uvagla?
2. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
3. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
4. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
5. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Innstetten say he must duel with Crampas?
2. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself to?
3. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
4. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
5. What happened to Roswitha in the past when she found out she was pregnant?
6. How does Effi feel about Innstetten at the time of her death?
7. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
8. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
9. Who helps Effi after her husband and family abandon her?
10. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)