|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) People who enjoy the outdoors.
(b) Anyone who can fascinate her.
(c) Anyone who wishes her well.
(d) People who recite poetry.
2. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Azenberg Inn.
(b) The Alexander Inn.
(c) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
(d) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
3. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
4. What change has Innstetten seen in Effi since giving birth?
(a) She has become depressed.
(b) She has become mean.
(c) She has stopped doting on him.
(d) She has become more seductive.
5. What month is Effi's baby due to be delivered in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Effi and her friends give a sea burial?
2. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
3. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
4. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
5. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Effi's sea burial for the gooseberry skins remind her of?
2. What does Effi's father talk about after breakfast on the day after Effi's wedding?
3. What is said must accompany love for Effi's sake?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
5. Why does Crampas think Innstetten tells ghost stories?
6. What does Effi believe she sees in the night when Innstetten is away at Varzin?
7. How is Effi Briest described?
8. What makes Effi feel better after seeing a ghost in her home?
9. What does Effi think she hears overhead when she awakes in Kessin for the first time?
10. Who are Effi's childhood friends?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)