|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(b) Capt. Thomsen.
(c) Herr Kruse.
(d) Innstetten's butler.
2. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) A bluish mountain range.
(b) Apple trees.
(c) Thatched cottages.
(d) A lake.
3. What is Innstetten's dog named?
4. Where do Crampas, Innstetten and Effi often go riding horses?
(a) Through the forest.
(b) At a race track.
(c) The beach.
(d) In farmer's fields.
5. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
(b) The church.
(c) The beach.
(d) An abandoned farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
2. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
3. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
5. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Effi's father talk about after breakfast on the day after Effi's wedding?
2. What is said must accompany love for Effi's sake?
3. Why does Crampas think Innstetten tells ghost stories?
4. What are Frau and Major Crampas like?
5. Where is the Chinaman buried?
6. What makes Effi feel better after seeing a ghost in her home?
7. In Chapter 4, what does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
8. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
9. How is Effi Briest described?
10. Why does Innstetten hope Effi will become well-liked?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)