|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Effi offer Roswitha?
(a) Washer woman.
2. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) A river.
(b) The village street.
(c) A farmer's field.
(d) Sand dunes.
3. What kind of train do Effi and Innstetten take to Berlin?
(a) A freight train.
(b) A sleeper train.
(c) An express train.
(d) A luxury train.
4. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(a) Herr Kruse.
(b) Capt. Thomsen.
(c) Innstetten's butler.
5. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(b) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(c) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(d) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
2. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
3. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
4. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
5. How long does Effi stay in Hohen-Cremmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
2. What do Effi and her father discuss about Rollo when she returns to Hohen-Cremmen for a visit?
3. How does Effi say Innstetten treats her while they are on their honeymoon?
4. What complaints does Roswitha have about her former employer?
5. How is Effi Briest described?
6. What does Effi observe in the surroundings of her new home?
7. What does Effi think she hears overhead when she awakes in Kessin for the first time?
8. Where does Effi intend to go after her baby is born?
9. How do the Niemeyers respond to news of Effi's engagement?
10. What change does Innstetten see in Effi after she gives birth?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)