|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
(b) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
(c) The Azenberg Inn.
(d) The Alexander Inn.
2. In which town does Innstetten live as Landrat?
3. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
4. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
(a) A child of nature.
(b) A child of grace.
(c) A child of beauty.
(d) A child of patience.
5. What does Innstetten suggest that he and Effi do before going to the reception that Gieshübler invited them to?
(a) Take a sleigh ride.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Attend church.
(d) Have a light dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
2. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
3. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
4. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
5. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Innstetten come to be named Landrat for Kessin?
2. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
3. What change does Innstetten see in Effi after she gives birth?
4. What does Effi's father think will be a problem in his daughter's marriage?
5. What does Effi observe in the surroundings of her new home?
6. Why does Innstetten hope Effi will become well-liked?
7. What is said must accompany love for Effi's sake?
8. Who are Innstetten's domestic servants?
9. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
10. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)