|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Klein-Tantow.
(b) In Kessin.
(c) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(d) In Berlin.
2. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) Sand dunes.
(b) A farmer's field.
(c) The village street.
(d) A river.
3. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) Anyone who wishes her well.
(b) People who recite poetry.
(c) Anyone who can fascinate her.
(d) People who enjoy the outdoors.
4. What is Innstetten's dog named?
5. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) A bluish mountain range.
(b) A lake.
(c) Thatched cottages.
(d) Apple trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
2. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
3. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
4. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
5. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
2. How did Innstetten come to be named Landrat for Kessin?
3. What does Effi believe she sees in the night when Innstetten is away at Varzin?
4. Who are Effi's childhood friends?
5. How is Baron Geert von Innstetten acquainted with the Briest family?
6. Where does Effi intend to go after her baby is born?
7. How is Effi Briest described?
8. How do the Niemeyers respond to news of Effi's engagement?
9. Where is the Chinaman buried?
10. What is said must accompany love for Effi's sake?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)