|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Kessin.
(b) In Berlin.
(c) In Klein-Tantow.
(d) In Hohen-Cremmen.
2. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
(a) He questions the quality of what was purchased.
(b) He thinks Effi spent his money frivolously.
(c) He approves of what was purchased.
(d) He demands that many items be returned.
3. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
(a) Capt. Thomsen.
(b) Major Crampas.
(d) The Chinaman.
4. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
(b) Sidonie Grasenabbs.
5. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) A lake.
(b) Thatched cottages.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) A bluish mountain range.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
2. How long does Effi stay in Hohen-Cremmen?
3. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
4. What does Innstetten suggest might happen if Gieshübler feels self-conscious?
5. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Chinaman buried?
2. How did Innstetten come to be named Landrat for Kessin?
3. What are Frau and Major Crampas like?
4. What does Effi's father think will be a problem in his daughter's marriage?
5. What does Effi observe in the surroundings of her new home?
6. What does Effi's sea burial for the gooseberry skins remind her of?
7. How is Baron Geert von Innstetten acquainted with the Briest family?
8. Why does Innstetten hope Effi will become well-liked?
9. What do Effi and her father discuss about Rollo when she returns to Hohen-Cremmen for a visit?
10. How is Effi Briest described?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)