|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
(b) Sidonie Grasenabbs.
2. What is Innstetten's dog named?
3. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Kessin.
(b) In Berlin.
(c) In Klein-Tantow.
(d) In Hohen-Cremmen.
4. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
5. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) Anyone who wishes her well.
(b) Anyone who can fascinate her.
(c) People who enjoy the outdoors.
(d) People who recite poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
2. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
3. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
4. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
5. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Chinaman buried?
2. What complaints does Roswitha have about her former employer?
3. Who are Innstetten's domestic servants?
4. What does Effi think she hears overhead when she awakes in Kessin for the first time?
5. What does Effi's sea burial for the gooseberry skins remind her of?
6. What does Effi think of when she sees Innstetten in his office?
7. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
8. What change does Innstetten see in Effi after she gives birth?
9. As she studies the surroundings of her new home, who does Effi see stroll past?
10. What does Effi's father think will be a problem in his daughter's marriage?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)