|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
(a) To take a stroll.
(b) To marry.
(c) To go riding.
(d) To dance.
2. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
(a) Marietta Trippelli.
(b) His wife.
(c) An aristocratic woman.
(d) A woman older than Effi.
3. In which month is Effi's wedding to take place?
4. What office does Innstetten hold?
5. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
(b) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(c) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(d) It is too small to have visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Innstetten's full name?
2. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
3. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
4. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
5. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
2. What does Effi observe in the surroundings of her new home?
3. How does Effi say Innstetten treats her while they are on their honeymoon?
4. How did Innstetten come to be named Landrat for Kessin?
5. What does Effi's father think will be a problem in his daughter's marriage?
6. As she studies the surroundings of her new home, who does Effi see stroll past?
7. Who are Innstetten's domestic servants?
8. What change does Innstetten see in Effi after she gives birth?
9. Why does Crampas think Innstetten tells ghost stories?
10. In Chapter 4, what does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)