|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
2. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A modern house.
(b) A brick house.
(c) A small house.
(d) An unhaunted house.
3. In which month is Effi's wedding to take place?
4. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
5. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
(b) An abandoned farm.
(c) The church.
(d) The beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
2. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
3. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
4. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
5. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Effi intend to go after her baby is born?
2. Where is the Chinaman buried?
3. How do the Niemeyers respond to news of Effi's engagement?
4. As she studies the surroundings of her new home, who does Effi see stroll past?
5. How does Effi say Innstetten treats her while they are on their honeymoon?
6. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
7. How is Baron Geert von Innstetten acquainted with the Briest family?
8. What does Effi think of when she sees Innstetten in his office?
9. What is said must accompany love for Effi's sake?
10. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)