Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
(a) She will be enchanted by it.
(b) She will be disappointed by it.
(c) She will feel rejected by it.
(d) She will feel accepted by it.
2. What establishment is across the street from Innstetten's home?
(a) The post office.
(b) The Landrat's office.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
3. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
(a) Since birth.
(b) Since becoming Landrat.
(c) Since childhood.
(d) Since university.
4. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Klein-Tantow.
(b) In Kessin.
(c) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(d) In Berlin.
5. What office does Innstetten hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Crampas, why does Innstetten tell ghost stories?
2. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
3. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
4. What does Effi name her daughter?
5. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
2. Why is Effi's return trip to Kessin from Berlin postponed?
3. What happened to Roswitha in the past when she found out she was pregnant?
4. What is found one day after Annie cuts her head?
5. Who does Effi stay with when she goes house-hunting in Berlin?
6. How is Effi Briest described?
7. After seven years in Berlin, why does Effi's doctor recommend that she leave the city for six weeks?
8. What does Effi think she hears overhead when she awakes in Kessin for the first time?
9. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
10. As she studies the surroundings of her new home, who does Effi see stroll past?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)