|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Local church leaders.
(b) His political colleagues.
(c) Members of the landed aristocracy.
(d) Their neighbors.
2. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
(a) That Effi have a honeymoon.
(b) That he'll have to go to the poor house.
(c) That he can't afford to pay for a wedding.
(d) That Effi should have a nicer dress than the one she picked out.
3. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Art collections.
(b) Horse races.
(c) Ancient ruins.
4. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
5. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
(a) A Chinese family.
(b) Captain Thomsen.
(c) The church pastor.
(d) The Bachmeiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Christel?
2. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
3. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
4. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
5. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Effi's childhood friends?
2. What does Effi's father talk about after breakfast on the day after Effi's wedding?
3. How does Effi say Innstetten treats her while they are on their honeymoon?
4. Who are Innstetten's domestic servants?
5. What complaints does Roswitha have about her former employer?
6. What does Effi's sea burial for the gooseberry skins remind her of?
7. How is Effi Briest described?
8. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
9. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
10. What does Effi believe she sees in the night when Innstetten is away at Varzin?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)