|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four days.
2. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
(a) The church pastor.
(b) The Bachmeiers.
(c) Captain Thomsen.
(d) A Chinese family.
3. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
4. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) A chalet-style house.
(b) An old-fashioned house.
(c) A modern apartment.
(d) A former fortress.
5. What do Effi and her friends give a sea burial?
(a) Apple skins.
(b) Gooseberry skins.
(c) Dried leaves.
(d) A dead tadpole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
2. According to Crampas, why does Innstetten tell ghost stories?
3. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
4. What is Innstetten's full name?
5. What does the von Briest family home face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Effi say Innstetten treats her while they are on their honeymoon?
2. Who does Effi's mother joke that Effi is in love with, and why?
3. Why does Crampas think Innstetten tells ghost stories?
4. What does Effi's sea burial for the gooseberry skins remind her of?
5. How did Innstetten come to be named Landrat for Kessin?
6. Where does Effi intend to go after her baby is born?
7. Who are Effi's childhood friends?
8. What makes Effi feel better after seeing a ghost in her home?
9. What does Effi observe in the surroundings of her new home?
10. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)