|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her former suitor.
(b) He is her brother's childhood friend.
(c) He is her former classmate.
(d) He is her cousin.
2. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
(b) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
(c) The Alexander Inn.
(d) The Azenberg Inn.
3. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) A river.
(b) Sand dunes.
(c) The village street.
(d) A farmer's field.
4. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Horse races.
(b) Ancient ruins.
(c) Art collections.
5. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
(c) Reading the daily newspaper.
(d) Knowing she would have a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Innstetten's dog named?
2. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
3. What office does Innstetten hold?
4. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
5. What is characteristic of the elegantly dressed man that Effi sees stroll by her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Chinaman buried?
2. How do the Niemeyers respond to news of Effi's engagement?
3. Why does Innstetten hope Effi will become well-liked?
4. Who are Innstetten's domestic servants?
5. What does Effi think of when she sees Innstetten in his office?
6. What does Effi think she hears overhead when she awakes in Kessin for the first time?
7. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
8. What does Effi's father talk about after breakfast on the day after Effi's wedding?
9. What do Effi and her father discuss about Rollo when she returns to Hohen-Cremmen for a visit?
10. How is Baron Geert von Innstetten acquainted with the Briest family?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)