|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) One day.
(d) Half a week.
2. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
(c) A free spirit.
(d) The flu.
3. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
(a) She will be enchanted by it.
(b) She will be disappointed by it.
(c) She will feel accepted by it.
(d) She will feel rejected by it.
4. What does Effi name her daughter?
5. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
(a) The Zwickers.
(b) The Gellenhagens.
(c) The Rummschüttels.
(d) The Niemeyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT said of Innstetten?
2. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
3. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
4. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
5. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
2. Why does Innstetten hope Effi will become well-liked?
3. Who are Innstetten's domestic servants?
4. What do Effi and her father discuss about Rollo when she returns to Hohen-Cremmen for a visit?
5. What makes Effi feel better after seeing a ghost in her home?
6. What does Effi's father think will be a problem in his daughter's marriage?
7. How is Baron Geert von Innstetten acquainted with the Briest family?
8. Where does Effi intend to go after her baby is born?
9. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
10. What does Effi's father talk about after breakfast on the day after Effi's wedding?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)