|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
(a) She is penny-pinching.
(b) She hit Roswitha.
(c) She was kind to everyone but Roswitha.
(d) She smelled foul.
2. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
3. After the birth of her child, where does Effi intend to travel to?
(b) Her hometown.
4. What establishment is across the street from Innstetten's home?
(a) The post office.
(b) The Landrat's office.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
5. What does Effi name her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Effi and her friends give a sea burial?
2. Effi is invited to a reception in honor of whom?
3. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
4. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
5. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said must accompany love for Effi's sake?
2. What are Frau and Major Crampas like?
3. What does Effi's father think will be a problem in his daughter's marriage?
4. Who does Effi's mother joke that Effi is in love with, and why?
5. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
6. What change does Innstetten see in Effi after she gives birth?
7. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
8. Who are Effi's childhood friends?
9. How do the Niemeyers respond to news of Effi's engagement?
10. Where is the Chinaman buried?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)