|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
(c) Pressed flowers.
(d) Trivia questions.
2. Which of the following is NOT a place Marietta claims to have seen ghosts?
3. What description are we given of Hulda's mother?
(a) She is sensitive.
(b) She is austere.
(c) She is delicate.
(d) She is uneducated.
4. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
(a) The church pastor.
(b) The Bachmeiers.
(c) Captain Thomsen.
(d) A Chinese family.
5. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her former classmate.
(b) He is her brother's childhood friend.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her former suitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
2. On whose birthday does the christening of Effi's daughter take place?
3. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
4. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
5. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Effi think she hears overhead when she awakes in Kessin for the first time?
2. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
3. Who are Effi's childhood friends?
4. What complaints does Roswitha have about her former employer?
5. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
6. What is said must accompany love for Effi's sake?
7. How is Baron Geert von Innstetten acquainted with the Briest family?
8. Where is the Chinaman buried?
9. What does Effi think of when she sees Innstetten in his office?
10. Why does Innstetten hope Effi will become well-liked?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)