|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Effi offer Roswitha?
(d) Washer woman.
2. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
(a) Half a week.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) A month.
3. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
4. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A small house.
(b) A brick house.
(c) An unhaunted house.
(d) A modern house.
5. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(a) Innstetten's butler.
(b) Capt. Thomsen.
(c) Herr Kruse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
2. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
3. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
4. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
5. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Effi think of when she sees Innstetten in his office?
2. What are Frau and Major Crampas like?
3. What complaints does Roswitha have about her former employer?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
5. What do Effi and her father discuss about Rollo when she returns to Hohen-Cremmen for a visit?
6. What does Effi believe she sees in the night when Innstetten is away at Varzin?
7. Who does Effi's father believe would have been a better match for Innstetten?
8. How is Effi Briest described?
9. Why does Crampas think Innstetten tells ghost stories?
10. What does Effi think she hears overhead when she awakes in Kessin for the first time?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)