|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Uncle Konrad.
(b) Uncle Hans.
(c) Aunt Dorel.
(d) Aunt Therese.
2. To which regiment does Dagobert belong?
(a) The König Wilhelm Regiment.
(b) The von Schmidt Regiment.
(c) The Alexander Regiment.
(d) The von Katzler Regiment.
3. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To have coffee.
(b) To tour the house.
(c) To tell her which chores need to be done.
(d) To take her to work with him.
4. What month is Effi's baby due to be delivered in?
5. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
(b) The outdoors.
(d) Arrogant men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi name her daughter?
2. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
3. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
4. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
5. Who does Effi's mother joke that her daughter is in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who recommends that Effi go back to Hohen-Cremmen?
2. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself to?
3. What does Johanna point out when Roswitha says what happened between Crampas and Effi happened long ago?
4. Why do Effi and Innstetten go to Uvagla?
5. What happens after the party traveling from Uvagla crosses the schloon?
6. How has Innstetten looked differently at life since the duel?
7. What upsets Effi about Annie's behavior?
8. What makes Effi feel better after seeing a ghost in her home?
9. How does Effi say good-bye to Gieshübler?
10. Why is Effi's return trip to Kessin from Berlin postponed?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)