|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
(a) The Gellenhagens.
(b) The Zwickers.
(c) The Niemeyers.
(d) The Rummschüttels.
2. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A small house.
(b) A modern house.
(c) A brick house.
(d) An unhaunted house.
3. After the birth of her child, where does Effi intend to travel to?
(a) Her hometown.
4. Effi is invited to a reception in honor of whom?
(b) Major Crampas.
(d) Marietta Trippelli.
5. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
2. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
3. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
4. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
5. What worries Hertha about Effi's engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Innstetten warn Effi about Gieshübler before he leaves for work?
2. What complaints does Roswitha have about her former employer?
3. Where is the Chinaman buried?
4. Who does Effi's mother joke that Effi is in love with, and why?
5. How do the Niemeyers respond to news of Effi's engagement?
6. What do the aristocrats who meet Effi have to say about her?
7. Who are Effi's childhood friends?
8. What does Effi's sea burial for the gooseberry skins remind her of?
9. How did Innstetten come to be named Landrat for Kessin?
10. What does Effi believe she sees in the night when Innstetten is away at Varzin?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)