|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
(b) No one.
2. How does Innstetten feel about Effi's participation in Crampas' play?
(a) Innstetten is embarrassed by Effi.
(b) Innstetten is proud of Effi.
(c) Innstetten thinks Effi is wasting her time.
(d) Innstetten doesn't like Effi spending time with Crampas.
3. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) A cold.
(d) The flu.
4. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
5. Three years after the truth about Effi's affair came out, where is she living?
(a) In Switzerland.
(b) In Kessin.
(c) On Königgrätzerstrasse.
(d) In Hohen-Cremmen.
6. Living at Hohen-Cremmen, who does Effi wish she had as a companion?
7. What does Effi dislike about the preacher at Christuskirche across the street from her flat?
(a) He dwells on the Old Testament.
(b) She has seen him leer at women.
(c) She can tell he judges her for her actions in the past.
(d) She doesn't think he is pious enough.
8. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself over to like everyone else?
(c) Hard work.
(d) Family life.
9. The Jahnkes twins marry men of which occupation?
(b) Military officers.
10. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
11. In Chapter 34, who writes to Effi's parents to say she should be with them?
(c) Dr. Rummschüttel.
12. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
13. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
14. What do the Briests fear will happen if Effi does NOT have another child?
(a) Innstetten will abandon her.
(b) Annie will have to take over the family business.
(c) Annie will have a lonely childhood.
(d) The family name will die out.
15. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(a) O Tannenbaum.
(c) The Prussian anthem.
(d) Life Let Us Cherish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
2. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
3. In May, when Effi becomes ill at Hohen-Cremmen, where does her mother want to take her to convalesce?
4. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
5. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)