|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
(a) Frau Zwicker.
(b) Frau Kruse.
(d) Her mother.
2. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
(a) On a dirt road.
(b) In a farmer's field.
(c) In front of Crampas' house.
(d) On the beach.
3. Which castle do the von Penzes invite the Innstettens to visit with them?
(a) Schwerin Castle.
(b) Hohenzollern Castle.
(c) Aggerhuus Castle.
(d) Braunfels Castle.
4. In Chapter 22, what must Effi go to Berlin to do?
(a) Purchase clothes for her family.
(b) Attend a ball.
(c) Visit Dagobert on his deathbed.
(d) Find a house to live in.
5. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(b) The little things.
(c) Social standing.
6. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(c) A cold.
(d) The flu.
7. The Jahnkes twins marry men of which occupation?
(a) Military officers.
8. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
9. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
(a) Smelling salts.
(d) Baby powder.
10. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
11. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
(a) He was calculating.
(b) He was cruel.
(c) He was correct.
(d) He was cold.
12. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) The Wanderers.
(b) God's Wall.
(c) The Winter Tale.
(d) The Horse Race.
13. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(b) O Tannenbaum.
(c) The Prussian anthem.
(d) Life Let Us Cherish.
14. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
(a) The beach.
(b) Through fields.
(c) In town.
(d) In the park.
15. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
(a) They dislike the city.
(b) They are too old.
(c) They need to stay behind for their families.
(d) They are not wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
2. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
3. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
4. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
5. How long has Effi lived in Kessin by the time she leaves for Berlin?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)