|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Effi's doctor?
2. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A suspicious photograph.
(c) An envelope full of money.
(d) A bundle of letters.
3. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
(a) She loses consciousness.
(b) She sprains her ankle.
(c) She cuts her head.
(d) She breaks her arm.
4. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
(c) No one.
5. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
(a) Church bells.
(b) Running water.
(d) Street noise.
6. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
(a) Any day he does not remember Effi.
(b) Any day he sees his daughter.
(c) Any day he makes it through without annoyance.
(d) Any day the sun is shining.
7. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
8. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(c) Social standing.
(d) The little things.
9. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
(a) He was calculating.
(b) He was cold.
(c) He was correct.
(d) He was cruel.
10. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
(a) A Roman bath.
(b) Ruins of a castle.
(c) Cave paintings.
(d) Sacrificial stones.
11. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
(a) Crampas is less strict with Effi.
(b) Crampas only helps Effi memorize her lines.
(c) Crampas is less attentive to Effi.
(d) Crampas speaks to Effi more than anyone else.
12. What does Innstetten say is passé in Berlin?
(b) Frilly dresses.
(c) Reading poetry.
13. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
14. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
(a) "One False Step".
(b) "The Tutor".
(c) "The Miracle".
(d) "The Biblical Way".
15. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
Short Answer Questions
1. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
2. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
3. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
4. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
5. Living at Hohen-Cremmen, who does Effi wish she had as a companion?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)