|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
2. How does Innstetten travel to Kessin for his duel with Crampas?
(a) By sailboat.
(b) By train.
(c) By steamer.
(d) By carriage.
3. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) With her parents.
(c) A rooming house.
(d) With Innstetten.
4. While on vacation in the summer, Effi hears of a town which shares its name with which of her acquaintances?
5. At dinner in Uvagla, who offers a toast to the forester?
(a) Pastor Lindequist.
6. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
(a) She cuts her head.
(b) She loses consciousness.
(c) She sprains her ankle.
(d) She breaks her arm.
7. In Chapter 22, what must Effi go to Berlin to do?
(a) Purchase clothes for her family.
(b) Find a house to live in.
(c) Visit Dagobert on his deathbed.
(d) Attend a ball.
8. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request that he send to Effi at Hohen-Cremmen?
(b) Effi's piano.
(d) Her wedding dress.
9. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
(a) A suspicious photograph.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) An envelope full of money.
(d) A bundle of letters.
10. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
(a) They might be caught by Innstetten.
(b) They might have some time alone together.
(c) There might be a meteor shower.
(d) They might get snowed in.
11. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) No one.
12. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
(a) Member of Parliament.
(b) Permanent Secretary.
13. The Jahnkes twins marry men of which occupation?
(d) Military officers.
14. What does Innstetten say is passé in Berlin?
(b) Reading poetry.
(c) Frilly dresses.
15. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
(a) A statue.
(b) A birdbath.
(c) A sundial.
(d) A bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
2. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
3. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
4. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
5. In Chapter 34, who writes to Effi's parents to say she should be with them?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)