|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
2. Living at Hohen-Cremmen, who does Effi wish she had as a companion?
3. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) With her parents.
(b) With Innstetten.
(c) A rooming house.
(d) At a hotel.
4. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
(a) He did not go to jail.
(b) One week.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One year.
5. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
(d) Her parents.
6. After passing the schloon, who does Effi ride alone with in the sleigh?
7. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
8. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
9. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
10. What does the registered letter contain?
(a) Money and a note.
(b) A property deed and a note.
(c) A will and a note.
(d) A newspaper clipping and a note.
11. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
12. At dinner in Uvagla, who offers a toast to the forester?
(d) Pastor Lindequist.
13. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(a) O Tannenbaum.
(c) Life Let Us Cherish.
(d) The Prussian anthem.
14. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) A cold.
(b) The flu.
15. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
2. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
3. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
4. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
5. What do Effi and her mother think of the apartment they see in Keithstrasse?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)