|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
2. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
(b) Whooping cough.
(c) A chest infection.
3. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
(a) She sprains her ankle.
(b) She cuts her head.
(c) She loses consciousness.
(d) She breaks her arm.
4. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
(a) "One False Step".
(b) "The Miracle".
(c) "The Tutor".
(d) "The Biblical Way".
5. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) The Wanderers.
(b) The Winter Tale.
(c) God's Wall.
(d) The Horse Race.
6. In which month does Effi die?
7. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
(a) A Roman bath.
(b) Ruins of a castle.
(c) Sacrificial stones.
(d) Cave paintings.
8. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
(a) He was cruel.
(b) He was cold.
(c) He was correct.
(d) He was calculating.
9. Living at Hohen-Cremmen, who does Effi wish she had as a companion?
10. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a farmer's field.
(c) In front of Crampas' house.
(d) On a dirt road.
11. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(a) A hot air balloon.
(b) Shooting stars.
(d) The sunset.
12. What part does Innstetten need Wüllersdorf to play in his duel with Crampas?
(a) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to help him cheat.
(b) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to tell Effi about the duel.
(c) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to referee.
(d) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to be his second.
13. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A villa.
14. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Baby powder.
15. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(a) The little things.
(c) Social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
2. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
3. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
4. In Chapter 22, what must Effi go to Berlin to do?
5. After the duel, who deals with the authorities on Innstetten's behalf?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)