|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who flirts with Innstetten in Uvagla?
(b) Marietta Trippelli.
2. What is the "schloon"?
(a) A village.
(b) A river.
(c) A bog.
(d) A mountain pass.
3. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
(a) Her French blood.
(b) Being spoiled when she was a baby.
(c) Effi's mother.
(d) Annie's mother.
4. In May, when Effi becomes ill at Hohen-Cremmen, where does her mother want to take her to convalesce?
(b) Down south.
(c) The sea-side.
5. Why does Effi's mother suggest she stay in Berlin?
(a) Scandals are common there.
(b) It will be easy to find work there.
(c) She has no memories of Crampas there.
(d) Her daughter is there.
6. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
(a) Scarlet fever.
7. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
(a) Cave paintings.
(b) Sacrificial stones.
(c) A Roman bath.
(d) Ruins of a castle.
8. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) The Horse Race.
(b) The Wanderers.
(c) God's Wall.
(d) The Winter Tale.
9. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A villa.
(d) A health spa.
10. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
(a) Set herself on fire.
(c) Stick a needle in her eye.
(d) Be stoned.
11. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
12. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) The flu.
(b) A cold.
13. Which castle do the von Penzes invite the Innstettens to visit with them?
(a) Braunfels Castle.
(b) Hohenzollern Castle.
(c) Schwerin Castle.
(d) Aggerhuus Castle.
14. Who does Effi seek help from to get permission to see her daughter?
(a) The Minister's wife.
(c) Innstetten's boss.
(d) Her father.
15. What happens after Effi reads the registered letter?
(a) Effi faints.
(b) Effi cries.
(c) Effi becomes angry.
(d) Effi laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
2. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
3. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
4. After the duel, by what means does Innstetten travel back to Berlin?
5. Who offers help after Effi is abandoned by her husband and parents?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)