|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
2. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
(b) Scarlet fever.
3. In Chapter 34, who writes to Effi's parents to say she should be with them?
(c) Dr. Rummschüttel.
4. What is Effi's mother seeing a doctor about in Berlin?
(a) A chest infection.
(b) Her hearing.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her back.
5. What mode of transportation does the Innstetten party take from Kessin?
(a) A yacht.
(b) A sailing ship.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A train.
6. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
(d) No one.
7. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
8. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
(a) Her French blood.
(b) Being spoiled when she was a baby.
(c) Annie's mother.
(d) Effi's mother.
9. Who are the Gizickis?
(a) The owners of Berlin's newspaper.
(b) Innstetten's boss' family.
(c) The Innstettens' upstairs neighbors.
(d) The Briests' family friends.
10. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) He did not go to jail.
11. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
(a) The arrival of letters from home.
(b) Birds singing outside.
(c) Frau Zwicker keeping her company.
(d) The rainy weather.
12. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) The flu.
(b) A cold.
13. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request that he send to Effi at Hohen-Cremmen?
(b) Her wedding dress.
(d) Effi's piano.
14. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
15. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(a) O Tannenbaum.
(c) Life Let Us Cherish.
(d) The Prussian anthem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
2. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
3. Where do Effi and Innstetten meet fellow tourists, the von Penzes?
4. How does Innstetten travel to Kessin for his duel with Crampas?
5. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)