|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on vacation in the summer, Effi hears of a town which shares its name with which of her acquaintances?
2. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
(a) A statue.
(b) A birdbath.
(c) A sundial.
(d) A bench.
4. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
5. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
(b) Smelling salts.
(c) Baby powder.
6. Who offers help after Effi is abandoned by her husband and parents?
(b) Hulda Niemeyer.
7. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
8. What does the registered letter contain?
(a) Money and a note.
(b) A will and a note.
(c) A property deed and a note.
(d) A newspaper clipping and a note.
9. Who is Wüllersdorf?
(a) The Innstettens' neighbor.
(b) Annie's school teacher.
(c) Innstetten's colleague at the ministry.
(d) Roswitha's secret lover.
10. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
11. Three years after the truth about Effi's affair came out, where is she living?
(a) On Königgrätzerstrasse.
(b) In Kessin.
(c) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(d) In Switzerland.
12. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
13. What is the name of Effi's doctor?
14. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
15. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
Short Answer Questions
1. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
2. After the duel, by what means does Innstetten travel back to Berlin?
3. In Chapter 22, what must Effi go to Berlin to do?
4. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
5. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)