|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A villa.
2. After the duel, who deals with the authorities on Innstetten's behalf?
(b) Effi's father.
(c) Innstetten himself.
3. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
4. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(a) Life Let Us Cherish.
(b) O Tannenbaum.
(c) The Prussian anthem.
5. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
6. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
7. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request that he send to Effi at Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(c) Effi's piano.
8. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) A rooming house.
(b) With Innstetten.
(c) With her parents.
(d) At a hotel.
9. When does Innstetten begin his new job at the ministry?
(a) In April.
(b) In January.
(c) In October.
(d) In July.
10. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
(a) They might get snowed in.
(b) There might be a meteor shower.
(c) They might be caught by Innstetten.
(d) They might have some time alone together.
11. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
12. Why does Effi's mother suggest she stay in Berlin?
(a) Her daughter is there.
(b) It will be easy to find work there.
(c) She has no memories of Crampas there.
(d) Scandals are common there.
13. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her household skills.
(b) Teaching her religion.
(c) Teaching her to read and write.
(d) Teaching her manners.
14. Who flirts with Innstetten in Uvagla?
(b) Marietta Trippelli.
15. After the duel, by what means does Innstetten travel back to Berlin?
(a) By train.
(b) By steamer.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By sailboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
2. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
3. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
4. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
5. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)