|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
(b) Set herself on fire.
(c) Be stoned.
(d) Stick a needle in her eye.
2. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
(a) An envelope full of money.
(b) A bundle of letters.
(c) A suspicious photograph.
(d) A lock of hair.
3. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
(a) She tends to yard work.
(b) She does the laundry.
(c) She tutors Annie.
(d) She oversees the kitchen.
4. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) The Winter Tale.
(b) The Wanderers.
(c) God's Wall.
(d) The Horse Race.
5. Who are the Gizickis?
(a) The Briests' family friends.
(b) The owners of Berlin's newspaper.
(c) Innstetten's boss' family.
(d) The Innstettens' upstairs neighbors.
6. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
7. After the duel, who deals with the authorities on Innstetten's behalf?
(a) Innstetten himself.
(c) Effi's father.
8. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
9. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
(a) Whooping cough.
(d) A chest infection.
10. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(b) The little things.
(c) Social standing.
11. In Chapter 34, what disease does Effi's doctor say she has developed a tendency for?
12. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
13. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
14. What do Effi and her mother think of the apartment they see in Keithstrasse?
(a) It is perfect.
(b) It is dilapidated.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is a health risk.
15. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(c) A cold.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
2. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
3. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
4. Why does Effi's mother suggest she stay in Berlin?
5. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)