|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Gizickis?
(a) Innstetten's boss' family.
(b) The owners of Berlin's newspaper.
(c) The Innstettens' upstairs neighbors.
(d) The Briests' family friends.
2. What is the "schloon"?
(a) A village.
(b) A river.
(c) A bog.
(d) A mountain pass.
3. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
(c) A chest infection.
(d) Whooping cough.
4. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
5. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
6. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
7. While on vacation in the summer, Effi hears of a town which shares its name with which of her acquaintances?
8. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
(a) "One False Step".
(b) "The Tutor".
(c) "The Biblical Way".
(d) "The Miracle".
9. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
10. In May, when Effi becomes ill at Hohen-Cremmen, where does her mother want to take her to convalesce?
(b) The sea-side.
(d) Down south.
11. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
(a) In the park.
(b) In town.
(c) The beach.
(d) Through fields.
12. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her to read and write.
(b) Teaching her religion.
(c) Teaching her household skills.
(d) Teaching her manners.
13. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
14. What is the name of Effi's doctor?
15. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
2. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
3. What does the registered letter contain?
4. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
5. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)