|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
(a) Being spoiled when she was a baby.
(b) Her French blood.
(c) Effi's mother.
(d) Annie's mother.
2. What is the name of Effi's doctor?
3. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
4. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
(a) Frau Zwicker keeping her company.
(b) The arrival of letters from home.
(c) Birds singing outside.
(d) The rainy weather.
5. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
6. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
7. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
8. In which month does Effi die?
9. Which castle do the von Penzes invite the Innstettens to visit with them?
(a) Braunfels Castle.
(b) Aggerhuus Castle.
(c) Schwerin Castle.
(d) Hohenzollern Castle.
10. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
(a) To defend his wife's honor.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To keep society's code.
(d) To teach Crampas a lesson.
11. Who does Effi seek help from to get permission to see her daughter?
(a) Innstetten's boss.
(c) The Minister's wife.
(d) Her father.
12. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A villa.
13. What does Effi dislike about the preacher at Christuskirche across the street from her flat?
(a) She has seen him leer at women.
(b) She doesn't think he is pious enough.
(c) She can tell he judges her for her actions in the past.
(d) He dwells on the Old Testament.
14. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
15. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(a) The Prussian anthem.
(c) Life Let Us Cherish.
(d) O Tannenbaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
2. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
3. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself over to like everyone else?
4. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
5. After the duel, who deals with the authorities on Innstetten's behalf?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)