|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
2. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
3. How does Innstetten feel about Effi's participation in Crampas' play?
(a) Innstetten doesn't like Effi spending time with Crampas.
(b) Innstetten is proud of Effi.
(c) Innstetten thinks Effi is wasting her time.
(d) Innstetten is embarrassed by Effi.
4. In Chapter 22, what must Effi go to Berlin to do?
(a) Purchase clothes for her family.
(b) Visit Dagobert on his deathbed.
(c) Attend a ball.
(d) Find a house to live in.
5. After the duel, by what means does Innstetten travel back to Berlin?
(a) By train.
(b) By sailboat.
(c) By steamer.
(d) By carriage.
6. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her to read and write.
(b) Teaching her religion.
(c) Teaching her household skills.
(d) Teaching her manners.
7. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
8. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
9. Who does Effi seek help from to get permission to see her daughter?
(b) The Minister's wife.
(c) Her father.
(d) Innstetten's boss.
10. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
(a) A statue.
(b) A sundial.
(c) A bench.
(d) A birdbath.
11. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
(a) They are not wanted.
(b) They dislike the city.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They need to stay behind for their families.
12. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) God's Wall.
(b) The Wanderers.
(c) The Horse Race.
(d) The Winter Tale.
13. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
14. Living at Hohen-Cremmen, who does Effi wish she had as a companion?
15. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
(a) Member of Parliament.
(c) Permanent Secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wüllersdorf?
2. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
3. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
4. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
5. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)