|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
(a) Crampas speaks to Effi more than anyone else.
(b) Crampas is less strict with Effi.
(c) Crampas only helps Effi memorize her lines.
(d) Crampas is less attentive to Effi.
2. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
3. In Chapter 34, who writes to Effi's parents to say she should be with them?
(a) Dr. Rummschüttel.
4. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) A cold.
(b) The flu.
5. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
6. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
(d) Her parents.
7. What do Effi and her mother think of the apartment they see in Keithstrasse?
(a) It is perfect.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is a health risk.
(d) It is dilapidated.
8. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request that he send to Effi at Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(c) Effi's piano.
9. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself over to like everyone else?
(a) Hard work.
(c) Family life.
10. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) With Innstetten.
(c) With her parents.
(d) A rooming house.
11. In May, when Effi becomes ill at Hohen-Cremmen, where does her mother want to take her to convalesce?
(b) The sea-side.
(c) Down south.
12. After the duel, by what means does Innstetten travel back to Berlin?
(a) By steamer.
(b) By sailboat.
(c) By train.
(d) By carriage.
13. Who flirts with Innstetten in Uvagla?
(d) Marietta Trippelli.
14. Who does Effi seek help from to get permission to see her daughter?
(b) Innstetten's boss.
(c) The Minister's wife.
(d) Her father.
15. Living at Hohen-Cremmen, who does Effi wish she had as a companion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
2. Who are the Gizickis?
3. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
4. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
5. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)