|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
2. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
(a) Any day the sun is shining.
(b) Any day he makes it through without annoyance.
(c) Any day he sees his daughter.
(d) Any day he does not remember Effi.
3. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
(a) An envelope full of money.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A suspicious photograph.
(d) A bundle of letters.
4. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
5. How does Innstetten travel to Kessin for his duel with Crampas?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By train.
(c) By steamer.
(d) By sailboat.
6. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) No one.
7. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
(a) They are too old.
(b) They dislike the city.
(c) They need to stay behind for their families.
(d) They are not wanted.
8. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her religion.
(b) Teaching her household skills.
(c) Teaching her manners.
(d) Teaching her to read and write.
9. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
10. What is the "schloon"?
(a) A mountain pass.
(b) A river.
(c) A bog.
(d) A village.
11. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(b) The little things.
(c) Social standing.
12. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
13. Who are the Gizickis?
(a) Innstetten's boss' family.
(b) The Briests' family friends.
(c) The Innstettens' upstairs neighbors.
(d) The owners of Berlin's newspaper.
14. The Jahnkes twins marry men of which occupation?
(a) Military officers.
15. In which month does Effi die?
Short Answer Questions
1. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
2. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
3. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
4. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
5. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)