|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a clinic.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a basement.
2. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
3. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her manners.
(b) Teaching her household skills.
(c) Teaching her religion.
(d) Teaching her to read and write.
4. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
(a) Effi's mother.
(b) Annie's mother.
(c) Being spoiled when she was a baby.
(d) Her French blood.
5. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request that he send to Effi at Hohen-Cremmen?
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Effi's piano.
6. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
(b) Permanent Secretary.
(c) Member of Parliament.
7. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Baby powder.
8. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
(a) A bench.
(b) A sundial.
(c) A birdbath.
(d) A statue.
9. What does the registered letter contain?
(a) Money and a note.
(b) A newspaper clipping and a note.
(c) A will and a note.
(d) A property deed and a note.
10. What is the name of Effi's doctor?
11. Three years after the truth about Effi's affair came out, where is she living?
(a) In Switzerland.
(b) On Königgrätzerstrasse.
(c) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(d) In Kessin.
12. What is the "schloon"?
(a) A village.
(b) A bog.
(c) A mountain pass.
(d) A river.
13. Where do Effi and Innstetten meet fellow tourists, the von Penzes?
14. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(a) The sunset.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) Shooting stars.
15. Who is Wüllersdorf?
(a) The Innstettens' neighbor.
(b) Annie's school teacher.
(c) Roswitha's secret lover.
(d) Innstetten's colleague at the ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
2. In which month does Effi die?
3. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
4. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
5. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)