|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Gizickis?
(a) The Briests' family friends.
(b) Innstetten's boss' family.
(c) The owners of Berlin's newspaper.
(d) The Innstettens' upstairs neighbors.
2. While on vacation in the summer, Effi hears of a town which shares its name with which of her acquaintances?
3. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
(b) Her parents.
4. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
(a) Cave paintings.
(b) A Roman bath.
(c) Sacrificial stones.
(d) Ruins of a castle.
5. After passing the schloon, who does Effi ride alone with in the sleigh?
6. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
(a) An envelope full of money.
(b) A bundle of letters.
(c) A suspicious photograph.
(d) A lock of hair.
7. In which month does Effi die?
8. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
9. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(b) Social standing.
(d) The little things.
10. Three years after the truth about Effi's affair came out, where is she living?
(a) In Switzerland.
(b) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(c) In Kessin.
(d) On Königgrätzerstrasse.
11. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
12. What mode of transportation does the Innstetten party take from Kessin?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A train.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A yacht.
13. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
(a) Street noise.
(b) Running water.
(c) Church bells.
14. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
(a) Any day he makes it through without annoyance.
(b) Any day he sees his daughter.
(c) Any day the sun is shining.
(d) Any day he does not remember Effi.
15. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
(c) Whooping cough.
(d) A chest infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who writes to Effi's parents to say she should be with them?
2. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
3. Where do Effi and Innstetten meet fellow tourists, the von Penzes?
4. What do the Briests fear will happen if Effi does NOT have another child?
5. After the duel, who deals with the authorities on Innstetten's behalf?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)