|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Innstetten feel about Effi's participation in Crampas' play?
(a) Innstetten thinks Effi is wasting her time.
(b) Innstetten doesn't like Effi spending time with Crampas.
(c) Innstetten is proud of Effi.
(d) Innstetten is embarrassed by Effi.
2. Who flirts with Innstetten in Uvagla?
(b) Marietta Trippelli.
3. What does Effi dislike about the preacher at Christuskirche across the street from her flat?
(a) She can tell he judges her for her actions in the past.
(b) She doesn't think he is pious enough.
(c) She has seen him leer at women.
(d) He dwells on the Old Testament.
4. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
5. What happens to Annie when she falls one day after school?
(a) She breaks her arm.
(b) She sprains her ankle.
(c) She loses consciousness.
(d) She cuts her head.
6. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(a) The sunset.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) Shooting stars.
7. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
8. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
9. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) He did not go to jail.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
10. What is Effi's mother seeing a doctor about in Berlin?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her hearing.
(d) A chest infection.
11. Who are the Gizickis?
(a) The Innstettens' upstairs neighbors.
(b) The Briests' family friends.
(c) The owners of Berlin's newspaper.
(d) Innstetten's boss' family.
12. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
(a) "The Miracle".
(b) "The Biblical Way".
(c) "The Tutor".
(d) "One False Step".
13. Which castle do the von Penzes invite the Innstettens to visit with them?
(a) Aggerhuus Castle.
(b) Hohenzollern Castle.
(c) Braunfels Castle.
(d) Schwerin Castle.
14. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
(a) Running water.
(b) Church bells.
(c) Street noise.
15. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
(a) Social standing.
(c) The little things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Effi's mother suggest she stay in Berlin?
2. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
3. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
4. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
5. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)