|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
(a) Running water.
(b) Street noise.
(d) Church bells.
2. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
3. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
(a) They are too old.
(b) They are not wanted.
(c) They dislike the city.
(d) They need to stay behind for their families.
4. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
5. In which month does Effi die?
6. What does Roswitha write to Innstetten to request that he send to Effi at Hohen-Cremmen?
(b) Effi's piano.
(c) Her wedding dress.
7. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(a) Shooting stars.
(b) The sunset.
(c) A hot air balloon.
8. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
9. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
10. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) A cold.
(c) The flu.
11. Who does Roswitha accuse Johanna of being in love with in Chapter 29?
12. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
13. What part does Innstetten need Wüllersdorf to play in his duel with Crampas?
(a) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to be his second.
(b) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to tell Effi about the duel.
(c) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to help him cheat.
(d) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to referee.
14. Where do Effi and Frau Zwicker stay in Ems?
(a) A health spa.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A villa.
15. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which castle do the von Penzes invite the Innstettens to visit with them?
2. Who offers help after Effi is abandoned by her husband and parents?
3. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
4. What happens after Effi reads the registered letter?
5. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)