|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the duel with Crampas, what consititutes a good day for Innstetten?
(a) Any day he makes it through without annoyance.
(b) Any day the sun is shining.
(c) Any day he sees his daughter.
(d) Any day he does not remember Effi.
2. What mode of transportation does the Innstetten party take from Kessin?
(a) A yacht.
(b) A sailing ship.
(c) A train.
(d) A carriage.
3. After the duel, by what means does Innstetten travel back to Berlin?
(a) By steamer.
(b) By sailboat.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By train.
4. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) With her parents.
(c) A rooming house.
(d) With Innstetten.
5. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
6. What does Innstetten say is passé in Berlin?
(c) Frilly dresses.
(d) Reading poetry.
7. In late summer after returning to her parents' house, what does Effi watch outside which leads her to catch an illness?
(b) The sunset.
(c) Shooting stars.
(d) A hot air balloon.
8. What does Effi dislike about the preacher at Christuskirche across the street from her flat?
(a) She can tell he judges her for her actions in the past.
(b) She doesn't think he is pious enough.
(c) He dwells on the Old Testament.
(d) She has seen him leer at women.
9. Who flirts with Innstetten in Uvagla?
(b) Marietta Trippelli.
10. What is the name of Effi's doctor?
11. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
12. Three years after the truth about Effi's affair came out, where is she living?
(a) On Königgrätzerstrasse.
(b) In Kessin.
(c) In Switzerland.
(d) In Hohen-Cremmen.
13. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
(b) Be stoned.
(c) Set herself on fire.
(d) Stick a needle in her eye.
14. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
(a) Crampas is less strict with Effi.
(b) Crampas is less attentive to Effi.
(c) Crampas speaks to Effi more than anyone else.
(d) Crampas only helps Effi memorize her lines.
15. Who does Innstetten ask to post some letters for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
2. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
3. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
4. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
5. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)