|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
2. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
3. What does Innstetten say is passé in Berlin?
(a) Frilly dresses.
(c) Reading poetry.
4. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
(a) Birds singing outside.
(b) The rainy weather.
(c) The arrival of letters from home.
(d) Frau Zwicker keeping her company.
5. What part does Innstetten need Wüllersdorf to play in his duel with Crampas?
(a) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to be his second.
(b) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to tell Effi about the duel.
(c) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to help him cheat.
(d) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to referee.
6. What illness does Dr. Hannemann treat Effi for?
7. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
(a) Scarlet fever.
8. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
9. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
10. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
11. What does Wüllersdorf say Innstetten should resign himself over to like everyone else?
(a) Hard work.
(b) Family life.
12. What mode of transportation does the Innstetten party take from Kessin?
(a) A sailing ship.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A train.
13. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her manners.
(b) Teaching her religion.
(c) Teaching her to read and write.
(d) Teaching her household skills.
14. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
15. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) The Winter Tale.
(b) God's Wall.
(c) The Horse Race.
(d) The Wanderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi talk about with Jahnke when she visits?
2. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
3. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
4. What do the Briests fear will happen if Effi does NOT have another child?
5. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)