|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After moving back to Hohen-Cremmen, where does Effi enjoy walking with Pastor Niemeyer?
(a) Through fields.
(b) In town.
(c) In the park.
(d) The beach.
2. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
3. What is Roswitha's new household role in Berlin?
(a) She tutors Annie.
(b) She does the laundry.
(c) She tends to yard work.
(d) She oversees the kitchen.
4. While on vacation in the summer, Effi hears of a town which shares its name with which of her acquaintances?
5. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
(a) The rainy weather.
(b) Frau Zwicker keeping her company.
(c) The arrival of letters from home.
(d) Birds singing outside.
6. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
(a) Effi's mother.
(b) Her French blood.
(c) Being spoiled when she was a baby.
(d) Annie's mother.
7. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
(a) A suspicious photograph.
(b) A bundle of letters.
(c) An envelope full of money.
(d) A lock of hair.
8. What does Crampas tell Effi might happen while they are in Uvagla?
(a) They might have some time alone together.
(b) There might be a meteor shower.
(c) They might be caught by Innstetten.
(d) They might get snowed in.
9. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
10. In which month does Effi die?
11. After returning to her parents' home, what illness does Effi catch in late summer?
(a) A cold.
(b) The flu.
12. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
(a) Crampas is less strict with Effi.
(b) Crampas is less attentive to Effi.
(c) Crampas only helps Effi memorize her lines.
(d) Crampas speaks to Effi more than anyone else.
13. How long does it take Effi to recover from her illness once she returns to Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
14. What part of Annie's education does Johanna take charge of?
(a) Teaching her to read and write.
(b) Teaching her religion.
(c) Teaching her household skills.
(d) Teaching her manners.
15. What month is it when Innstetten travels to have a duel with Crampas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Innstetten feel toward Effi when he learns of her affair?
2. What is the "schloon"?
3. What happens after Effi reads the registered letter?
4. Why don't Cristel and Friedrich move to Berlin?
5. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)