|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roswitha find when she is looking for Effi's long bandage?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A bundle of letters.
(c) An envelope full of money.
(d) A suspicious photograph.
2. How long has Effi lived in Kessin by the time she leaves for Berlin?
(a) Fifteen months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
3. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
4. Where does Innstetten consider going because he believes people there are unconstrained by culture and honor?
5. What is replaced by Effi's gravestone?
(a) A statue.
(b) A bench.
(c) A birdbath.
(d) A sundial.
6. To what position is Innstetten appointed in Chapter 35?
(a) Permanent Secretary.
(c) Member of Parliament.
7. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
8. While staying in Ems, what does Effi notice suddenly stops?
(a) The rainy weather.
(b) Birds singing outside.
(c) Frau Zwicker keeping her company.
(d) The arrival of letters from home.
9. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(b) Life Let Us Cherish.
(c) The Prussian anthem.
(d) O Tannenbaum.
10. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
11. Who does Effi see by chance on the horse tram one day?
12. On her deathbed, what does Effie think of Innstetten for how he treated her?
(a) He was correct.
(b) He was calculating.
(c) He was cold.
(d) He was cruel.
13. What part does Innstetten need Wüllersdorf to play in his duel with Crampas?
(a) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to help him cheat.
(b) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to be his second.
(c) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to referee.
(d) Innstetten needs Wüllersdorf to tell Effi about the duel.
14. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
15. What do the Briests fear will happen if Effi does NOT have another child?
(a) Annie will have a lonely childhood.
(b) The family name will die out.
(c) Annie will have to take over the family business.
(d) Innstetten will abandon her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
2. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
3. What illness does Effi believe she is suffering when she is bedridden in Berlin?
4. Who offers help after Effi is abandoned by her husband and parents?
5. Where does Effi live upon returning to Berlin from Ems?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)