|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
(a) She is penny-pinching.
(b) She hit Roswitha.
(c) She smelled foul.
(d) She was kind to everyone but Roswitha.
2. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They were stoned.
(c) They were outcast.
(d) They were drowned.
3. After the birth of her child, where does Effi intend to travel to?
(b) Her hometown.
4. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(c) St. Swithin's Day.
5. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
(a) Sidonie Grasenabbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
2. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
3. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
4. Who does Effi's mother joke that her daughter is in love with?
5. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)