|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
(b) Reading the daily newspaper.
(d) Knowing she would have a baby.
2. Who sends a registered letter to Effi in Ems?
(a) Her parents.
3. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
(b) Capt. Thomsen.
(c) Major Crampas.
(d) The Chinaman.
4. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
(a) In a farmer's field.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In front of Crampas' house.
(d) On a dirt road.
5. What does Innstetten say is passé in Berlin?
(a) Reading poetry.
(b) Frilly dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
2. Since his duel with Crampas, what has Innstetten come to realize is important in life?
3. Who is killed in the duel at the end of Chapter 28?
4. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
5. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)