|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) Walking in town.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the sitting room.
2. What ancient artifact do Effi and Innstetten see at Lake Hertha?
(a) A Roman bath.
(b) Cave paintings.
(c) Ruins of a castle.
(d) Sacrificial stones.
3. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
(a) Frau Zwicker.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Frau Kruse.
4. The Jahnkes twins marry men of which occupation?
(a) Military officers.
5. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
(a) For revenge.
(b) To defend his wife's honor.
(c) To keep society's code.
(d) To teach Crampas a lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Effi offer Roswitha?
2. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
3. How does Innstetten feel about Effi's participation in Crampas' play?
4. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
5. Which of the following is NOT said of Innstetten?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)