|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As negative.
(b) As boring.
(c) As talkative.
(d) As generous.
2. What change has Innstetten seen in Effi since giving birth?
(a) She has stopped doting on him.
(b) She has become more seductive.
(c) She has become mean.
(d) She has become depressed.
3. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) His political colleagues.
(b) Local church leaders.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) Members of the landed aristocracy.
4. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
5. Which poem does Effi ask Crampas about in Uvagla?
(a) The Winter Tale.
(b) The Horse Race.
(c) The Wanderers.
(d) God's Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
2. Who sits with Effi on the ride back from Uvagla until they reach the schloon?
3. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
4. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
5. What does Marietta says destroys careers?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)