|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(b) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(c) It is too small to have visitors.
(d) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
2. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
(a) Marietta Trippelli.
(b) A woman older than Effi.
(c) An aristocratic woman.
(d) His wife.
3. What change has Innstetten seen in Effi since giving birth?
(a) She has stopped doting on him.
(b) She has become more seductive.
(c) She has become depressed.
(d) She has become mean.
4. What does Marietta says destroys careers?
(d) The theater.
5. What does Innstetten NOT do with Effi, which displeases her father?
(a) Consult with her on running the household.
(b) Exchange letters.
(c) Introduce her to society.
(d) Stroll with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
2. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
3. What is the name of Effi's character in the play that Crampas produces?
4. Rather than love, what has Effi's father always believed his daughter feels for Innstetten?
5. After passing the schloon, who does Effi ride alone with in the sleigh?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)