|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Jahnkes twins marry men of which occupation?
(a) Military officers.
2. Who does Effi's mother joke that her daughter is in love with?
(b) Major Crampas.
(d) Captain Thomsen.
3. What expression does Effi make when she reads Innstetten's letter in Chapter 4?
(a) Effi rolls her eyes.
(b) Effi frowns.
(c) Effi grimaces.
(d) Effi smiles.
4. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Uncle Hans.
(b) Aunt Therese.
(c) Aunt Dorel.
(d) Uncle Konrad.
5. Why does Crampas say Heine is his favorite poet?
(a) Heine is the only poet he knows of.
(b) Heine's poems make the most sense to him.
(c) Heine understands love.
(d) Heine is a personal friend of his.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Effi sometimes play for her husband?
2. Before going to Berlin, what does Effi visit the chemist's to buy?
3. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
4. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
5. What play does Crampas produce in Chapter 18?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)