|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As generous.
(b) As negative.
(c) As talkative.
(d) As boring.
2. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In a clinic.
(d) In a church.
3. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Members of the landed aristocracy.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Local church leaders.
(d) His political colleagues.
4. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A brick house.
(b) A small house.
(c) A modern house.
(d) An unhaunted house.
5. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To tell her which chores need to be done.
(b) To take her to work with him.
(c) To tour the house.
(d) To have coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
2. What office does Innstetten hold?
3. What worries Hertha about Effi's engagement?
4. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
5. After passing the schloon, who does Effi ride alone with in the sleigh?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)