|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What description are we given of Hulda's mother?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) She is delicate.
(c) She is austere.
(d) She is sensitive.
2. What does Innstetten suggest that he and Effi do before going to the reception that Gieshübler invited them to?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Have a light dinner.
(c) Attend church.
(d) Take a sleigh ride.
3. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
(a) Captain Thomsen.
(b) A Chinese family.
(c) The Bachmeiers.
(d) The church pastor.
4. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a clinic.
(c) In a basement.
(d) In a church.
5. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Effi is invited to a reception in honor of whom?
2. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
3. How does Crampas treat Effi differently than the other cast members of the play?
4. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
5. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)