|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does Effi make when she reads Innstetten's letter in Chapter 4?
(a) Effi rolls her eyes.
(b) Effi frowns.
(c) Effi smiles.
(d) Effi grimaces.
2. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
(a) They were outcast.
(b) They were imprisoned.
(c) They were stoned.
(d) They were drowned.
3. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any man with enough money to support her.
(b) Any good-looking aristocrat.
(c) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
(d) Any man who treats her kindly.
4. What instrument does Effi sometimes play for her husband?
5. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
(b) The outdoors.
(d) Arrogant men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
2. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
3. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
4. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
5. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)