|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Ancient ruins.
(b) Horse races.
(d) Art collections.
2. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(b) St. Swithin's Day.
3. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Half a week.
(d) A month.
4. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) People who recite poetry.
(b) People who enjoy the outdoors.
(c) Anyone who wishes her well.
(d) Anyone who can fascinate her.
5. What change has Innstetten seen in Effi since giving birth?
(a) She has become more seductive.
(b) She has become mean.
(c) She has become depressed.
(d) She has stopped doting on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
2. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
3. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
4. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
5. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)