|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
(a) To marry.
(b) To go riding.
(c) To dance.
(d) To take a stroll.
2. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) Walking in town.
(d) In the garden.
3. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
(c) The flu.
(d) A free spirit.
4. Effi is invited to a reception in honor of whom?
(b) Marietta Trippelli.
(c) Major Crampas.
5. What is characteristic of the elegantly dressed man that Effi sees stroll by her?
(a) He is bald.
(b) He is dragging a cart behind him.
(c) He is talking to himself.
(d) He is deformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
2. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
3. What is Innstetten's dog named?
4. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
5. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)