|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(b) In Berlin.
(c) In Kessin.
(d) In Klein-Tantow.
2. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
(a) A small painting.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A cake.
3. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(b) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(c) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(d) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
4. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(b) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(c) It is too small to have visitors.
(d) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
5. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) A modern apartment.
(b) An old-fashioned house.
(c) A former fortress.
(d) A chalet-style house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
2. What is characteristic of the elegantly dressed man that Effi sees stroll by her?
3. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
4. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Innstetten suggest that he and Effi do before going to the reception that Gieshübler invited them to?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)