|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
(a) A child of beauty.
(b) A child of nature.
(c) A child of patience.
(d) A child of grace.
2. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Aunt Dorel.
(b) Aunt Therese.
(c) Uncle Konrad.
(d) Uncle Hans.
3. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) A lake.
(b) Thatched cottages.
(c) A bluish mountain range.
(d) Apple trees.
4. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) Walking in town.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In the garden.
5. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
(a) The Chinaman.
(b) Capt. Thomsen.
(d) Major Crampas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
2. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
3. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
4. What does Innstetten suggest that he and Effi do before going to the reception that Gieshübler invited them to?
5. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)