|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Horse races.
(b) Art collections.
(d) Ancient ruins.
2. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) An old-fashioned house.
(b) A chalet-style house.
(c) A modern apartment.
(d) A former fortress.
3. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
(a) A child of nature.
(b) A child of patience.
(c) A child of beauty.
(d) A child of grace.
4. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
(a) Music playing.
(b) Someone talking.
(d) Dresses sweeping on the floor.
5. What does Marietta says destroys careers?
(c) The theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
2. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
3. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
4. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
5. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)