|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Hertha about Effi's engagement?
(a) That Hertha is not getting married first.
(b) That it has happened so quickly.
(c) That Effi will get her heart broken.
(d) That it is not an equal match.
2. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(a) Capt. Thomsen.
(b) Innstetten's butler.
(d) Herr Kruse.
3. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) In the garden.
(d) Walking in town.
4. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Ancient ruins.
(c) Art collections.
(d) Horse races.
5. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) Anyone who wishes her well.
(b) People who enjoy the outdoors.
(c) People who recite poetry.
(d) Anyone who can fascinate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is characteristic of the elegantly dressed man that Effi sees stroll by her?
2. What is Innstetten's full name?
3. What description are we given of Hulda's mother?
4. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
5. To which event does Effi invite Dagobert?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)