|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As generous.
(b) As boring.
(c) As talkative.
(d) As negative.
2. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her former suitor.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her former classmate.
(d) He is her brother's childhood friend.
3. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Uncle Hans.
(b) Aunt Dorel.
(c) Uncle Konrad.
(d) Aunt Therese.
4. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
(a) They were outcast.
(b) They were drowned.
(c) They were stoned.
(d) They were imprisoned.
5. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression does Effi make when she reads Innstetten's letter in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
3. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
4. Who is Dagobert?
5. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)