|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
2. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(b) In Berlin.
(c) In Klein-Tantow.
(d) In Kessin.
3. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
(a) That Effi have a honeymoon.
(b) That he can't afford to pay for a wedding.
(c) That Effi should have a nicer dress than the one she picked out.
(d) That he'll have to go to the poor house.
4. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Art collections.
(b) Horse races.
(c) Ancient ruins.
5. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) Walking in town.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
2. In which town does Innstetten live as Landrat?
3. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
4. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
5. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)