|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Innstetten suggest might happen if Gieshübler feels self-conscious?
(a) He will not come to the house anymore.
(b) He will get tongue-tied.
(c) He will lose his temper.
(d) He will distrust Effi.
2. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As negative.
(b) As boring.
(c) As talkative.
(d) As generous.
3. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
(b) An abandoned farm.
(c) The church.
(d) The beach.
4. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her former classmate.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her former suitor.
(d) He is her brother's childhood friend.
5. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) Thatched cottages.
(b) A bluish mountain range.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) A lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
2. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
3. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
4. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
5. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)