|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
(a) She will be enchanted by it.
(b) She will be disappointed by it.
(c) She will feel rejected by it.
(d) She will feel accepted by it.
2. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A cake.
(c) A small painting.
3. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
4. What office does Innstetten hold?
5. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As negative.
(b) As boring.
(c) As generous.
(d) As talkative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
2. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
3. Which of the following is NOT said of Innstetten?
4. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
5. What is characteristic of the elegantly dressed man that Effi sees stroll by her?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)