|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of lessons does Effi sign up for with an elderly teacher?
2. According to Crampas, why does Innstetten tell ghost stories?
(a) To pick on Effi.
(b) To stand out.
(c) To scare his staff.
(d) To combat boredom.
3. What expression does Effi make when she reads Innstetten's letter in Chapter 4?
(a) Effi frowns.
(b) Effi rolls her eyes.
(c) Effi grimaces.
(d) Effi smiles.
4. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(b) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(c) It is too small to have visitors.
(d) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
5. What does Innstetten want to be able to hear from his new home?
(a) Running water.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Street noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Effi's doctor recommends time away from Berlin, who acts as Effi's chaperon?
2. To which regiment does Dagobert belong?
3. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
4. How long does Innstetten go to jail for his role in the duel?
5. What instrument does Effi sometimes play for her husband?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)