|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which ailment does Effi's doctor recommend time away from Berlin in order to cure?
(a) A chest infection.
(b) Whooping cough.
2. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
(a) He approves of what was purchased.
(b) He questions the quality of what was purchased.
(c) He demands that many items be returned.
(d) He thinks Effi spent his money frivolously.
3. What song is sung at the dinner for the forester?
(a) Life Let Us Cherish.
(c) The Prussian anthem.
(d) O Tannenbaum.
4. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
5. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) An unhaunted house.
(b) A small house.
(c) A brick house.
(d) A modern house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Crampas, why does Innstetten tell ghost stories?
2. To which regiment does Dagobert belong?
3. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
4. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
5. To which event does Effi invite Dagobert?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)