|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Innstetten NOT do with Effi, which displeases her father?
(a) Stroll with her.
(b) Exchange letters.
(c) Introduce her to society.
(d) Consult with her on running the household.
2. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
(a) To teach Crampas a lesson.
(b) To defend his wife's honor.
(c) For revenge.
(d) To keep society's code.
3. A rumor circulates in Kessin that Innstetten will be assigned to a post in which country?
4. Why does Crampas say Heine is his favorite poet?
(a) Heine is a personal friend of his.
(b) Heine is the only poet he knows of.
(c) Heine understands love.
(d) Heine's poems make the most sense to him.
5. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any man who treats her kindly.
(b) Any man with enough money to support her.
(c) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
(d) Any good-looking aristocrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Innstetten's full name?
2. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
3. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
4. Where does Johanna tell Roswitha to look for Effi's long bandage?
5. What do the Briests fear will happen if Effi does NOT have another child?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)