|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT said of Innstetten?
(a) He possesses character.
(b) He possesses morality.
(c) He possesses property.
(d) He possesses position.
2. What does Innstetten suggest might happen if Gieshübler feels self-conscious?
(a) He will not come to the house anymore.
(b) He will lose his temper.
(c) He will distrust Effi.
(d) He will get tongue-tied.
3. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) Anyone who wishes her well.
(b) People who recite poetry.
(c) Anyone who can fascinate her.
(d) People who enjoy the outdoors.
4. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
(a) The Zwickers.
(b) The Gellenhagens.
(c) The Rummschüttels.
(d) The Niemeyers.
5. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
(a) She will feel rejected by it.
(b) She will be disappointed by it.
(c) She will be enchanted by it.
(d) She will feel accepted by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
2. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
3. What office does Innstetten hold?
4. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
5. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)