|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A small painting.
(c) A cake.
2. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Uncle Hans.
(b) Uncle Konrad.
(c) Aunt Dorel.
(d) Aunt Therese.
3. What does Innstetten suggest might happen if Gieshübler feels self-conscious?
(a) He will distrust Effi.
(b) He will lose his temper.
(c) He will get tongue-tied.
(d) He will not come to the house anymore.
4. What worries Hertha about Effi's engagement?
(a) That it has happened so quickly.
(b) That Hertha is not getting married first.
(c) That Effi will get her heart broken.
(d) That it is not an equal match.
5. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) Sand dunes.
(b) A farmer's field.
(c) A river.
(d) The village street.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which regiment does Dagobert belong?
2. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
3. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
4. What kind of train do Effi and Innstetten take to Berlin?
5. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)