|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
(c) Reading the daily newspaper.
(d) Knowing she would have a baby.
2. What does Roswitha say she would rather do than give birth again?
(a) Be stoned.
(b) Stick a needle in her eye.
(d) Set herself on fire.
3. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
(a) Marietta Trippelli.
(b) A woman older than Effi.
(c) His wife.
(d) An aristocratic woman.
4. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(d) St. Swithin's Day.
5. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
(a) A small painting.
(b) A book of poems.
(d) A cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
2. Where is Innstetten offered a ministry job?
3. To which event does Effi invite Dagobert?
4. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
5. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)