|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) People who recite poetry.
(b) Anyone who can fascinate her.
(c) People who enjoy the outdoors.
(d) Anyone who wishes her well.
2. What is the name of the man who meets Effi and her traveling party in Uvagla?
3. Where did Roswitha give birth to a child?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a basement.
(d) In a clinic.
4. Why does Crampas say Heine is his favorite poet?
(a) Heine's poems make the most sense to him.
(b) Heine is the only poet he knows of.
(c) Heine is a personal friend of his.
(d) Heine understands love.
5. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To tour the house.
(b) To have coffee.
(c) To take her to work with him.
(d) To tell her which chores need to be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
2. What does Innstetten suggest that he and Effi do before going to the reception that Gieshübler invited them to?
3. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
4. What job does Effi offer Roswitha?
5. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)