|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
(a) She smelled foul.
(b) She is penny-pinching.
(c) She hit Roswitha.
(d) She was kind to everyone but Roswitha.
2. Why does Innstetten feel he must duel with Crampas?
(a) To defend his wife's honor.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To teach Crampas a lesson.
(d) To keep society's code.
3. What establishment is across the street from Innstetten's home?
(a) The post office.
(b) The school.
(c) The church.
(d) The Landrat's office.
4. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
(a) An oriental prince.
(b) A magician.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A fairy tale villain.
5. Why does Crampas say Heine is his favorite poet?
(a) Heine's poems make the most sense to him.
(b) Heine understands love.
(c) Heine is the only poet he knows of.
(d) Heine is a personal friend of his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Innstetten say Annie gets her temperament from?
2. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
3. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
4. What is characteristic of the elegantly dressed man that Effi sees stroll by her?
5. Where do Innstetten and Crampas fight their duel?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)