1. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Berlin.
(b) In Klein-Tantow.
(c) In Kessin.
(d) In Hohen-Cremmen.
2. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) A farmer's field.
(b) Sand dunes.
(c) The village street.
(d) A river.
3. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) Walking in town.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In the garden.
4. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
5. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As talkative.
(b) As negative.
(c) As generous.
(d) As boring.
6. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
7. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her brother's childhood friend.
(b) He is her former classmate.
(c) He is her former suitor.
(d) He is her cousin.
8. What office does Innstetten hold?
9. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
This section contains 3,877 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)