|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Zora's mother gave birth, what did the white man do?
2. What did Zora's stepmother want?
3. Zora describes Joe Clark's porch as a ________.
4. Why are parents annoyed by children asking questions, according to Zora?
5. What was the primary pro of Zora' work experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Zora supported in her academic determination and abilities?
2. Why did John Hurston remarry?
3. How were the people of Eatonville able to know if a man was cheating on his wife?
4. Were there dual sides to Zora's personality? Are these positive or negative? Why?
5. What was the internal drama at Gilbert and Sullivan? Why did members of the troupe feel betrayed?
6. Why was the stepmother not happy in the Hurston family?
7. What sparked the development of Eatonville?
8. Did Zora's mother and father live happily ever after? Why or why not?
9. In Eatonville, what was the expected protocol for handling a dispute? How did the townspeople respond if people deviated from this standard?
10. Why did Zora's mother agree to marry John Hurston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Zora's relationship with school.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Zora's parents' relationship. How did this environment impact her life? How does this context clarify her approach to future situations we've seen her in?
Essay Topic 3
Zora is a very independent person. However, she has received assistance through her life. Discuss Zora in relationship to patronage.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)