|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Gilbert & Sullivan, why did the actors tease Zora?
(a) She was poor.
(b) As part of the initiation process.
(c) They didn't like her.
(d) They were bored.
2. Zora's parents felt very ______ during her youth.
3. How did Zora's mother know the white man who comes to her?
(a) He was a close friend.
(b) He was a community member.
(c) He'd delivered her other children.
(d) He was their landlord.
4. What was John Hurston's job?
(b) Animal trainer.
(c) Shop owner.
(d) Migrant farmer.
5. How old was Zora when she left home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What made finding work difficult for Zora?
2. In Eatonville, what made people know a man was cheating on his wife?
3. What was the primary pro of Zora' work experience?
4. What was the result of the teasing?
5. Why did the white man come to Zora's mother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zora have a good relationship with white people?
2. What was the internal drama at Gilbert and Sullivan? Why did members of the troupe feel betrayed?
3. In terms of academics, why was Zora' work experience valuable but unfulfilling?
4. Why was Zora fired from her cleaning/nanny job? What is the irony of the reasons they fired her?
5. What was the cultural significance of "Joe Clark's Porch"?
6. How were the people of Eatonville able to know if a man was cheating on his wife?
7. What ultimately destroyed the Hurston family?
8. What was the unique racial make-up of Eatonville?
9. Why did the actors of Gilbert and Sullivan tease Zora? What was her relationship with them?
10. Did Zora's mother and father live happily ever after? Why or why not?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)