|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zora described the white man's relationship with her as _______.
2. What ended John Hurston's new marriage?
(a) His wife's infidelities.
(b) His financial troubles.
(c) The children ran the stepmother out.
(d) He defended Zora and not the stepmother.
3. What was especially tragic about Zora's mother's death?
(a) She died slowly.
(b) She was alone.
(c) She died suddenly.
(d) She died early.
4. What was the result of the teasing?
(a) Zora had emotional trauma.
(b) The actors were fired.
(c) Zora quit.
(d) Zora was accepted into the group.
5. Where was Zora's father from?
(a) He was an immigrant.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary conflict between Zora's mother and father?
2. Zora was rough and tough, but also _______.
3. Eatonville was established as an all _______ town.
4. Whom did Zora decide she wanted to marry when she grew up?
5. Where was Zora's mother's midwife during the birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the future of Zora's relationship with the "Uncle"?
2. In Eatonville, what was the expected protocol for handling a dispute? How did the townspeople respond if people deviated from this standard?
3. Why was Zora a good nanny to the children at her new job?
4. What tool largely defines Zora's writing? What effect does this have on the narrative?
5. Why was Zora fired from her cleaning/nanny job? What is the irony of the reasons they fired her?
6. In "School Again," how was Zora able to overcome her struggles?
7. What was the significance of the "Uncle" figure in Zora's life?
8. Why wouldn't Zora return to her brother and his wife?
9. Did Zora's mother and father live happily ever after? Why or why not?
10. What was the difference between how men and women were gossiped about in Eatonville?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)