|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the miners in Polk find in the mines?
(b) Relics of Earth's history.
(c) People hiding.
(d) A body.
2. When did Zora begin to discuss her love life in her book?
(a) When her writing career manifested.
(b) After her father's death.
(c) After she got married.
(d) Before she headed south.
3. Dr. Boas found a ______ for Zora to go south.
4. What has Zora discovered at the end of "My People! My People!" about the nature of blacks and whites?
(a) They are more similar than different.
(b) There are too many differences to count.
(c) There is no quintessential person.
(d) They have no reason to dislike eachother.
5. What caused Zora to leave Polk?
(a) She was out of money.
(b) Her family needed her.
(c) The big brawl.
(d) She committed a crime.
6. Zora chose not to approach Ethel as a _____.
7. What caused the trouble in Zora and P.M.P's relationship?
(a) His desire to provide for her.
(b) His wandering eye.
(c) Her insecurities.
(d) Her obsession with work.
8. What attracted Zora to P.M.P?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His manliness.
(d) His talent.
9. How does Zora describe reconnecting with her family after so long?
10. Zora's father is an expert at _________________.
(a) Getting others to repent.
(b) Getting people to come to church.
(c) Convincing people of his ideas.
(d) Getting people to convert.
11. What happened after Zora paid her rent?
(a) She moved out.
(b) Her best friend moved in.
(c) Her building burned down.
(d) She got evicted.
12. What did Lucy want with Zora?
(a) To get her autograph.
(b) To get advice.
(c) To be her friend.
(d) To get her.
13. Why was there pressure for Zora to write about "the race problem"?
(a) She was not being pressured.
(b) People told her it was her duty.
(c) She was a great writer.
(d) It is a cultural trend.
14. While discussing distinctions within her own race, she explains that educated people ______ raucous people.
15. What was the initial problem with Zora getting her book published?
(a) The subject matter was too unfamiliar.
(b) No one was reading.
(c) She wasn't taken seriously.
(d) She didn't have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zora want to befriend Ethel?
2. For how long could John Hurston's revivals go?
3. Zora referred to white men as ______.
4. What does Zora exhibit as a common language tool among Southerners?
5. Why did Zora fail in her first try at research?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)