|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zora describe the challenges she's faced in her life?
2. What has Zora discovered at the end of "My People! My People!" about the nature of blacks and whites?
(a) There is no quintessential person.
(b) They have no reason to dislike eachother.
(c) They are more similar than different.
(d) There are too many differences to count.
3. Being found attractive was a ______ part of Zora's adulthood.
4. Where did Fanny take Zora on a spontaneous trip?
(a) New York.
(d) Niagara Falls.
5. How did Zora's findings in Nassau influence her research?
(a) She realized what she'd been doing wrong.
(b) The stories became very popular.
(c) The stories were the same as Florida.
(d) She chose to quit the job.
6. What did the students call Dr. Boas?
(b) Dr. Boas.
(d) Big Brother.
7. When Zora would see her boyfriend walking by her house, she imagined he was doing what?
(a) Ignoring her.
(b) Cheating on her.
(c) Thinking of her.
(d) Buying her a gift.
8. People were drawn to John Hurston's revivals because they were ______.
9. What was the initial problem with Zora getting her book published?
(a) No one was reading.
(b) The subject matter was too unfamiliar.
(c) She didn't have enough money.
(d) She wasn't taken seriously.
10. What aided Zora's creativity in her life?
(a) Her time with Gilbert and Sullivan.
(b) Southern artfulness.
(c) Her troubled family.
(d) Her great education.
11. What "game" did Fanny play at?
(b) Cops and robbers.
(d) Being a guest in her own home.
12. What did Lucy want with Zora?
(a) To get her autograph.
(b) To get advice.
(c) To be her friend.
(d) To get her.
13. What was Zora offered for her book?
(a) Hundreds of dollars.
(b) A four-book contract.
(c) An IOU.
(d) A house.
14. What did the miners in Polk find in the mines?
(a) Relics of Earth's history.
(c) A body.
(d) People hiding.
15. What caused Zora to leave Polk?
(a) Her family needed her.
(b) She was out of money.
(c) The big brawl.
(d) She committed a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. P.M.P was a wedge between Zora and her _______.
2. What does Zora note about the way forgiveness is taught in church?
3. When did Big Sweet act tough?
4. Because of their findings, Zora equates mining with ___________.
5. What was Zora's only bitter feeling about the publication of her first book?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)