|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zora offered for her book?
(a) A four-book contract.
(b) Hundreds of dollars.
(c) An IOU.
(d) A house.
2. What attracted Zora to P.M.P?
(a) His talent.
(b) His manliness.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His kindness.
3. How did Zora feel about writing a whole book?
4. Zora's father is an expert at _________________.
(a) Convincing people of his ideas.
(b) Getting people to come to church.
(c) Getting others to repent.
(d) Getting people to convert.
5. How did Zora's findings in Nassau influence her research?
(a) The stories became very popular.
(b) The stories were the same as Florida.
(c) She realized what she'd been doing wrong.
(d) She chose to quit the job.
6. In New Orleans, Zora became involved in ______.
(a) The church.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) A gang.
7. What did Zora survive in Nassau?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A crime spree.
(c) A flood.
(d) A tornado.
8. What is the meaning of "My people! My people!" in the African American community?
(a) To express embarrassment at the actions of another.
(b) To express your love for your community.
(c) To get someone's attention.
(d) To express sorrow at being away from your family.
9. While discussing distinctions within her own race, she explains that educated people ______ raucous people.
10. To get in touch with Ethel, Zora first tried doing what?
(a) Writing her letters.
(b) Sending her flowers.
(c) Calling her.
(d) Knocking on her door.
11. How did Big Sweet get her name?
(a) She loved kids.
(b) She was tough but also nice.
(c) She liked candy.
(d) Her mother gave it to her.
12. Why did Zora fail in her first try at research?
(a) She didn't know who to talk to.
(b) She didn't have enough money.
(c) She asked the wrong questions.
(d) Her approach was bad.
13. When did Zora begin to discuss her love life in her book?
(a) When her writing career manifested.
(b) After she got married.
(c) Before she headed south.
(d) After her father's death.
14. What did the students call Dr. Boas?
(a) Big Brother.
(d) Dr. Boas.
15. What "game" did Fanny play at?
(b) Being a guest in her own home.
(d) Cops and robbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fanny take Zora on a spontaneous trip?
2. When Zora would see her boyfriend walking by her house, she imagined he was doing what?
3. In "Two Women," what element of female life is Zora portraying?
4. What has Zora discovered at the end of "My People! My People!" about the nature of blacks and whites?
5. What is uncommon amongst whites and Yankees in Zora's opinion?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)