|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eatonville was founded after what war?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) World War II.
2. Zora was rough and tough, but also _______.
3. Why was Zora good at her job?
(a) She was playful.
(b) She was dedicated.
(c) She needed the job.
(d) Her job was easy.
4. Eatonville was established as an all _______ town.
5. Why wouldn't Zora return home to her brother while at Gilbert & Sullivan?
(a) He would take her money.
(b) He wold make her act for them.
(c) He would make her leave the group.
(d) He would want to join in.
6. What was the primary pro of Zora' work experience?
(a) She made friends.
(b) She earned money.
(c) She escaped her home.
(d) She gained job skills.
7. Zora's nature was contradictory to ___________.
(a) Her actions.
(b) Gender role expectations.
(c) Her upbringing.
(d) Her self perception.
8. Zora and the white men often did things like _______.
9. If someone took a small case to trial in Eatonville, what would happen?
(a) The townspeople wouldn't think twice about it.
(b) That person would be run out of town.
(c) That person would be frowned on.
(d) The person would be promoted.
10. What effect did Maitland have on Eatonville?
(a) They controlled the government.
(b) They took it over.
(c) They helped real estate value.
(d) Their support contributed to its success.
11. What role did the white man have in the Hurstons' lives?
(a) He moved in and helped with housework.
(b) He blackmailed John.
(c) He was not very physically present.
(d) He paid for their food.
12. After Zora's mother gave birth, what did the white man do?
(b) Cleaned the baby.
(c) Called John.
(d) Stole the baby.
13. How old was Zora when she left home?
14. What was John Hurston's distinguishing feature?
(a) Long hair.
(b) A crooked nose.
(c) Green eyes.
(d) Big hands.
15. Zora's anecdotes are vivid but _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zora's first job naturally progresses into _________.
2. What still influenced Zora's mother's side of the family?
3. Zora explains that her failure to finish school was not about her _______.
4. Zora's parents felt very ______ during her youth.
5. Whom did Zora live with after being fired from her first job?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)