|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zora was rough and tough, but also _______.
2. What was John Hurston's job?
(a) Migrant farmer.
(c) Shop owner.
(d) Animal trainer.
3. Who founded Eatonville?
(a) African Americans.
(b) The French.
4. Zora described the white man's relationship with her as _______.
5. What effect did Maitland have on Eatonville?
(a) Their support contributed to its success.
(b) They took it over.
(c) They helped real estate value.
(d) They controlled the government.
6. Zora's nature was contradictory to ___________.
(a) Her actions.
(b) Her self perception.
(c) Gender role expectations.
(d) Her upbringing.
7. Whom does Zora cite on the subject of forgiveness?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her friends.
(c) A priest.
8. How does Zora say parents respond to children's questioning?
(a) They leave the room.
(b) They send them to school.
(c) They answer.
(d) They get aggressive.
9. Before meeting up with Gilbert & Sullivan, Zora felt _____.
10. Why was Zora fired?
(a) They couldn't afford her.
(b) Her boss hit on her.
(c) She neglected the kids.
(d) They thought she was a thief.
11. At Gilbert & Sullivan, why did the actors tease Zora?
(a) They were bored.
(b) As part of the initiation process.
(c) She was poor.
(d) They didn't like her.
12. To what is "a crow in a pigeon's nest" referring?
(a) The white man.
(b) Zora's curious nature.
(c) Zora's exclusion from her family.
(d) Zora's father's rage.
13. What was the primary pro of Zora' work experience?
(a) She made friends.
(b) She gained job skills.
(c) She escaped her home.
(d) She earned money.
14. Why was the stepmother jealous of Sarah?
(a) Sarah had a strong connection with her father.
(b) Sarah was very beautiful.
(c) Sarah was married to an attractive man.
(d) Hurston's children liked Sarah, but not her.
15. Eatonville was founded after what war?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The American Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made finding work difficult for Zora?
2. Why did Zora have good feelings toward white people?
3. Zora frequently expresses that she wants more __________.
4. In terms of race, John Hurston was _______.
5. How did Zora's mother know the white man who comes to her?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)