|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Research (c. 10) - Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Zora's grandmother mad at her mother?
(a) For having so many children.
(b) For taking her money.
(c) For marrying John Hurston.
(d) For leaving home early.
2. In Eatonville, what did a proud husband do?
(a) Showered his wife with gifts.
(b) Took care of his children.
(c) Talked about his wife.
(d) Gave all his money to his wife.
3. Why does Zora flash back to Zora's mother and grandmother?
(a) To keep their memory alive.
(b) To keep the conversation going.
(c) To keep a promise to them.
(d) To explain what happened between them.
4. Zora's brother intended to help her ___________.
(a) Find a job.
(b) Pay her rent.
(c) Make friends.
(d) Finish her education.
5. For Zora's new job, she found work with ________.
(b) A family.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a fistfight occurred in Eatonville, how was it handled?
2. When did Big Sweet act tough?
3. Zora was able to make friends at school despite ________.
4. Zora was rough and tough, but also _______.
5. When Zora's mother went into labor, who was present?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)