|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Research (c. 10) - Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zora felt she had not been adequately appreciated for ______________.
(a) Her talent.
(b) Her struggles.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her intelligence,
2. How much did Zora make at her new job?
(a) Five dollars a month.
(b) Ten dollars a week.
(c) Fifty cents a day.
(d) One hundred dollars a year.
3. How were women discussed by the people of Eatonville?
(a) Through allusion.
(c) Through metaphor.
(d) They're not.
4. When did Big Sweet act tough?
(a) Whenever she wanted.
(b) When men were around.
(c) Only when she was messed with.
5. Why did the white man come to Zora's mother's house?
(a) To find John.
(b) To help her.
(c) To bring a letter.
(d) To collect rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Zora's mother's midwife during the birth?
2. What role did Big Sweet play in Zora's life?
3. How did Zora's findings in Nassau influence her research?
4. What spoke to Zora when she was young?
5. How was Zora able to return to school?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)