|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Research (c. 10) - Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zora's nature was contradictory to ___________.
(a) Her upbringing.
(b) Her actions.
(c) Gender role expectations.
(d) Her self perception.
2. How did Big Sweet get her name?
(a) She was tough but also nice.
(b) Her mother gave it to her.
(c) She loved kids.
(d) She liked candy.
3. What role did the white man play in Zora's young life?
(a) He acted as an Uncle.
(b) He secretly paid for school.
(c) He acted as a bodyguard.
(d) He became her new father.
4. How was Zora able to return to school?
(a) She received funding.
(b) She earned enough money.
(c) She passed a test.
(d) She impersonated someone.
5. Why did Zora have good feelings toward white people?
(a) Her parents taught her by their example.
(b) She's had good experiences with them.
(c) She had good feelings towards everyone.
(d) She didn't have time for negative feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Leon Walter Young not cow-tow?
2. For Zora's new job, she found work with ________.
3. Before the big brawl broke out, where was Big Sweet?
4. Why does Zora flash back to Zora's mother and grandmother?
5. When returning to school, Zora felt at times secure or she felt________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)