Start of Part 1: Chapter 1, Just Do It
• Augusten Burroughs has been an advertising prodigy since he was 19.
• Augusten goes out drinking with his undertaker friend Jim.
• Though he needs to go to bed early in order to meet Faberge clients in the morning, Augusten does not go to sleep until 4 am.
Chapter 2, Those Fucking Eggs
• Augusten is clearly hung over in his meeting with the Faberge clients.
• Augusten misses the global brand meeting, angering his boss and Greer.
• Augusten's advertising company stages an intervention, compelling to go to Proud Institute for treatment.
• Pighead tells Augusten he is happy he is going to rehab.
• Augusten accuses his father of abusing him.
Chapter 3, Nothing to be Proud Of
• Augusten arrives at Proud Institute in Minnesota.
• Augusten immediately wants to leave.
• Augusten realizes he drinks more than he should.
• Augusten befriends Brian the doctor Valium addict.
Chapter 4, Alcoholism for Beginners
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)