|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the father that teaches Ysrael to read?
2. What have pollutants made beautiful in New Jersey?
3. What does Ysrael buy after his lessons?
4. What kind of tips do you need if you are a good pool player?
5. What is the name of the girl that Wayne wants to talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Halfies always say about their parents?
2. How do the boys injure Ysrael?
3. How does Yunior describe most of his customers?
4. How does Ysrael injure himself when he dreams of the pig?
5. What is Yunior's job?
6. What happens when Yunior drives the girl back home?
7. How does Yunior punish the customers if they don't leave a tip?
8. How does Papi's back injury affect him?
9. Why does Papi wake up in a cold sweat?
10. Why does Yunior like listening to the couple in the bathroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ignatius has a difficult relationship with his father. Why is a father's relationship with his child so important? How has Yunior' relationship with his father shaped his character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Yunior's upbringing has effected one of the following areas in his life.
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Yunior has a close relationship with his mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has Yunior' relationship with his mother shaped his character?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)