|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Howie's mutts like to tear to shreds?
2. Where did Papi first find a job?
3. What country has Lou traveled to for an operation?
4. What did the Ghanian doctor give the boys while they worked?
5. Where does Loretta's new boyfriend work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yunior reveal about Papi in the final story?
2. How does Yunior punish the customers if they don't leave a tip?
3. Why does the date with the girlfriend go badly wrong?
4. How does Papi plan to get his family to the USA?
5. Who does Ysrael meet in the doctor's waiting room?
6. Why does Papi wake up in a cold sweat?
7. Why do dogs cause Ysrael problems?
8. How does Pruit almost get Yunior fired?
9. How does Ysrael show his superhuman strength to the cleaning lady?
10. How does Yunior describe most of his customers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements.
1) In Drown, Diaz portrays Latino culture in a negative light.
2) The book is about growing up and the final two stories, told from different points of view, shows how far Yunior had come from the early days of drug dealing and stealing.
3) Yunior's stealing and homophobic behavior is the side product of poverty and being an outsider.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Ignatius has a difficult relationship with his father. Why is a father's relationship with his child so important? How has Yunior' relationship with his father shaped his character?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)