|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Yunior like to listen to the couple talk in?
2. Where does Loretta's new boyfriend work?
3. What have pollutants made beautiful in New Jersey?
4. What does Yunior take from the customer's kitchens?
5. What should you talk to an outside girl about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do dogs cause Ysrael problems?
2. Why does the date with the girlfriend go badly wrong?
3. What happens when Yunior drives the girl back home?
4. Why does Yunior think the boyfriend is going to leave his girlfriend?
5. When does Yunior say you should make your move?
6. How do the boys injure Ysrael?
7. What does Yunior say is the differences between the different types of girls?
8. How does Ysrael show his superhuman strength to the cleaning lady?
9. How does Yunior punish the customers if they don't leave a tip?
10. Why does Yunior think the couple must be models?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Diaz's writing style. How would you describe Diaz's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does Diaz's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Yunior's upbringing has effected one of the following areas in his life.
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. Explain how does Diaz's dialogue contributes to the following areas:
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)