|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wht does Ysrael say before he flings the fat boy off him?
2. What did Papi nickname his wife?
3. What is the name of the girl that Wayne wants to talk about?
4. What should you never lose on the first date?
5. What kind of movies did Papi take his children to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the date with the girlfriend go badly wrong?
2. How does Ysrael injure himself when he dreams of the pig?
3. What happens when Yunior drives the girl back home?
4. Why does Yunior like listening to the couple in the bathroom?
5. Where do Halfies always say about their parents?
6. Why does Papi wake up in a cold sweat?
7. What does Yunior reveal about Papi in the final story?
8. How does Papi's back injury affect him?
9. What does Yunior say is the differences between the different types of girls?
10. Why does Yunior think the boyfriend is going to leave his girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Diaz's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the book?In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Yunior's upbringing has effected one of the following areas in his life.
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Latino life.
1) What are Latino's and how do they view life?
2) What influence have Latinos had on popular culture?
3) How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of Latino life? How has Latino life shaped him?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)