|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yunior take from the customer's bathrooms?
2. What city does Papi fly to?
3. What kind of tips do you need if you are a good pool player?
4. Where does Yunior say to put the basket with all the crapped on toilet paper?
5. What did the people in Bath have to replace in the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yunior punish the customers if they don't leave a tip?
2. What does Yunior do in the shop?
3. What does Yunior reveal about Papi in the final story?
4. Why does Papi wake up in a cold sweat?
5. What does Yunior say is the differences between the different types of girls?
6. What does Yunior suggest you should do before your date arrives?
7. When does Yunior say you should make your move?
8. How does Papi's back injury affect him?
9. What does Yunior predict at the end of the chapter?
10. How do the different types of girls act on dates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Latino life.
1) What are Latino's and how do they view life?
2) What influence have Latinos had on popular culture?
3) How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of Latino life? How has Latino life shaped him?
Essay Topic 2
Ignatius has a difficult relationship with his father. Why is a father's relationship with his child so important? How has Yunior' relationship with his father shaped his character?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in Drown particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)