|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's mother work?
2. What is the name of the boy's uncle?
3. Where is Beto leaving for at the end of the summer?
4. What is the name of the second short story?
5. What is Ysrael doing in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mami react when Papi writes that he is coming home?
2. What homosexual experiences has Yunior had?
3. Why did the narrator and his brother spend their summers with their uncle?
4. What does Papi tell Mami on the phone?
5. What is chapter four about?
6. How does Rafa beat up Ysrael?
7. What is happening when the narrator returns with the burgers?
8. Why is Mami afraid of living in her apartment?
9. Why is Papi upset with the narrator?
10. How did security catch Beto and Yunior shoplifting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American and Latino culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) How have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in Drown particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Yunior's life.
2) His father
3) His mother
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)