|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes loud and argumentative at the party?
2. Who does the narrator say smells likes the wind through a tree?
3. What is the name of the narrator's friend?
4. What kind of tree did Yunior try to stab?
5. What is the name of the narrator's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ysrael disfigure his face?
2. What happens to Rafa and the narrator on the bus?
3. Why is Papi upset with the narrator?
4. How does Rafa beat up Ysrael?
5. How were the narrator and his friend Beto out of control?
6. How does Papi try to prevent the narrator from eating at the party?
7. How does Ysrael try to help the two boys?
8. Why does Papi push his way to the shower as soon as he arrives home?
9. What is chapter four about?
10. How does the narrator spend the evening with his girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Drown is a collection of short stories. What are the differences between a short story and a novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Drown is a collection of short stories What are the mechanics of a short story in terms of the following?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)