|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the neighbor Yunior used to play with?
2. What does Yunior call his mother?
(b) Shadow warrior
(c) Quiet splash
3. Who disappears for five weeks?
4. What kind of game is selo?
(a) A gambling game
(b) A tennis game
(c) A bar game
(d) A board game
5. What does Aguantando mean?
(a) Going home
(d) Holding on
6. Who supports the family while the father is gone?
(a) The grandmother
(b) An uncle
(c) A priest
(d) The grandfather
7. What does the narrator compare his girlfriend's skinniness to?
(a) A rake
(b) A pole
(c) A bulemic
(d) A twelve year old
8. What is the name of Aurora's child?
9. Where does Ysrael tell the boys they can find something to drink?
(a) At a saloon
(b) At a faucet
(c) At a stream
(d) At a grocers
10. What were Yunior and Beto robbing when security caught them?
(a) A jewelers
(b) A clothes store
(c) A bookstore
(d) A cafe
11. Why is Papi upset with the narrator?
(a) He has eaten before a car journey
(b) He keeps swearing
(c) He has failed his exams
(d) His school has expelled him
12. What does Lucero mean in Spanish?
(a) Shining star
(c) The moon
13. What does Rafa cal his father's beatings?
(a) Collateral damage
(b) A learning curve
(c) The devil's hand
(d) The hand of God
14. What is the name of Yunior's friend?
15. What kind of people do Yunior and his friends like to abuse?
(a) Rich kids
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator waiting for?
2. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend?
3. What has the narrator lived without for the first nine years of his life?
4. What game do the kids play at the party?
5. How does Rafa learn to read?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)