|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the kids now recognize Yunior as?
(a) An artist
(b) A pimp
(c) A photographer
(d) A drug dealer
2. What is the name of the narrator's brother?
3. What does Rafa pull off Ysrael's face?
(a) His glasses
(b) His fake moustache
(c) His hat
(d) His mask
4. What does Lucero mean in Spanish?
(a) Shining star
(d) The moon
5. What kind of animal does Mami buy to slaughter?
(a) A goat
(b) A sheep
(c) A cow
(d) A pig
6. What is the name of the second short story?
(a) The beating
(b) Party Mode
7. What is the name of the boy's uncle?
8. What does Rafa like telling his brother stories about?
(a) His drug adventures
(b) His sexual adventures
(c) Dominican history
(d) His time in America
9. What room does the narrator have to guard for his brother?
(a) The bedroom
(b) The dining room
(c) The lounge
(d) The bathroom
10. What does Ysrael wear to hide his injuries?
(a) A scarf
(b) A glove
(c) A mask
(d) A hat
11. What does the narrator offer to buy for his friends?
(a) Ice cream
12. What game do the kids play at the party?
(b) Hide and seek
13. What kind of drink did Tia like to drink?
14. What country is the narrator's aunt and uncle moving to?
15. What is the name of the narrator's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call his father?
2. What country is Ysrael going to get his face operated on?
3. What does Yunior say he now does instead of shoplifting?
4. What can Mami not reach in her apartment?
5. What is a sucia?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)