Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
3. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
4. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
5. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the final structure of DNA. Use specific terminology about the bases in your writing. End your essay with a visual diagram to help clarify your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the author's reflection about Rosy and how and why his opinion changed as he reflected back years later.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)