|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
3. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
4. Who checked Watson and Crick's chemistry on the model?
5. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining why Watson was referred to as a "mad Englishman." Use specific examples from the reading to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the idea that a scientist's life is not truly separable from the scientist's work. Use examples from the text to support your writing.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)