|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
2. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
3. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
4. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
5. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the idea that a scientist's life is not truly separable from the scientist's work. Use examples from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how a competitive streak drives scientists. Use examples from the text to show an example of this idea.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)