|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
2. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
3. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
4. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
5. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in the novel, Rosy seems very agitated and almost at the point of violence. Write an essay about this event including: Where does this fit of temper come from? Is it truly as the author describes it or is it somehow misinterpreted by him?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the title of the novel provides insight to the savvy reader throughout the chapters. Explain in detail your rationale.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the idea that scientists within the scientific community often speak different languages. This refers to the language of disciplines, not the language of countries.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)