|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Watson construction which was checked against Rosy's measurements?
2. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
3. Which of the following was the problem with Pauling's model?
4. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
5. When Watson constructed models of the bases what was the same about a pair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay examining the character of Rosy in an in-depth manner. Relate her description, actions and ideas to the concept of women in a male dominated field during the 1950s. Make an evaluation of these ideas and concepts and present them with support from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how a competitive streak drives scientists. Use examples from the text to show an example of this idea.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the issue of a person's politics affecting his ability to travel to complete his work (such as Pauling being unable to travel to the conference in London). Compare this even in the book to current events throughout your writing.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)