Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
3. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
4. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
5. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining why Watson was referred to as a "mad Englishman." Use specific examples from the reading to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining the character of Rosy in an in-depth manner. Relate her description, actions and ideas to the concept of women in a male dominated field during the 1950s. Make an evaluation of these ideas and concepts and present them with support from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how Watson portrays himself throughout the novel as slightly behind the other scientists. Use specific examples from the novel to support your writing.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)