|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Watson construction which was checked against Rosy's measurements?
2. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
3. How much progress did Crick make?
4. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
5. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the scientific process can be seen throughout this novel. Use specific examples and key words from the scientific process such as hypothesis, test, control, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the theme of integrating the work of science with outside diversions, merging a scientist's work with his life portrayed throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining why Watson was referred to as a "mad Englishman." Use specific examples from the reading to support your writing.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)