|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Watson constructed models of the bases what was the same about a pair?
2. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
3. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
4. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
5. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the author's reflection about Rosy and how and why his opinion changed as he reflected back years later.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the idea that a scientist's life is not truly separable from the scientist's work. Use examples from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the term self-deprecating could be used to describe Watson's own humor throughout the novel. Be sure to include examples from the book to support your writing.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)