|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
2. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
3. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
4. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining why Watson was referred to as a "mad Englishman." Use specific examples from the reading to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the final structure of DNA. Use specific terminology about the bases in your writing. End your essay with a visual diagram to help clarify your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)