|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
3. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
4. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
5. Who confirmed Watson's finding that TMV was indeed a helix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how a competitive streak drives scientists. Use examples from the text to show an example of this idea.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the author's depiction of women throughout the novel. Provide specific examples of depictions aligning with physical descriptions and whether or not you believe they are fair and accurate.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the term self-deprecating could be used to describe Watson's own humor throughout the novel. Be sure to include examples from the book to support your writing.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)