|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Watson gotten the structures for the bases?
2. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
3. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
4. Who did Pauling give copies of his manuscript which contained his new model of DNA?
5. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining why Watson was referred to as a "mad Englishman." Use specific examples from the reading to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the issue of a person's politics affecting his ability to travel to complete his work (such as Pauling being unable to travel to the conference in London). Compare this even in the book to current events throughout your writing.
Essay Topic 3
At one point in the novel, Rosy seems very agitated and almost at the point of violence. Write an essay about this event including: Where does this fit of temper come from? Is it truly as the author describes it or is it somehow misinterpreted by him?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)