Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
3. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
4. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
5. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
Essay Topic 1
At one point in the novel, Rosy seems very agitated and almost at the point of violence. Write an essay about this event including: Where does this fit of temper come from? Is it truly as the author describes it or is it somehow misinterpreted by him?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the issue of a person's politics affecting his ability to travel to complete his work (such as Pauling being unable to travel to the conference in London). Compare this even in the book to current events throughout your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write a comparison essay of Watson and Crick's motivations to complete work. How were they the same? How were they different? Include specific examples to explain your conclusions.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)