Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
3. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
4. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
5. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
At one point in the novel, Rosy seems very agitated and almost at the point of violence. Write an essay about this event including: Where does this fit of temper come from? Is it truly as the author describes it or is it somehow misinterpreted by him?
Write an essay discussing the idea that scientists within the scientific community often speak different languages. This refers to the language of disciplines, not the language of countries.
Write an essay about how Watson portrays himself throughout the novel as slightly behind the other scientists. Use specific examples from the novel to support your writing.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)