|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
2. What was Watson continually thinking about as he went to films in regards to progress on DNA model?
3. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
4. How much progress did Crick make?
5. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the idea that a scientist's life is not truly separable from the scientist's work. Use examples from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the scientific process can be seen throughout this novel. Use specific examples and key words from the scientific process such as hypothesis, test, control, etc.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)