|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shared an office with Watson and Crick?
2. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
3. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
4. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
5. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the idea that a scientist's life is not truly separable from the scientist's work. Use examples from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how a competitive streak drives scientists. Use examples from the text to show an example of this idea.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)