|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
2. What did Watson reveal made being a scientist harder for Rosy than for others?
3. Who did Pauling give copies of his manuscript which contained his new model of DNA?
4. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
5. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay evaluating the statement that Watson is only enthusiastic about learning when something is practical and relevant immediately, otherwise, he places no value in learning. Use information from the text to support your evaluation.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining why Watson was referred to as a "mad Englishman." Use specific examples from the reading to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the idea that a scientist's life is not truly separable from the scientist's work. Use examples from the text to support your writing.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)