|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
3. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
4. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
5. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about how Watson portrays himself throughout the novel as slightly behind the other scientists. Use specific examples from the novel to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the issue of a person's politics affecting his ability to travel to complete his work (such as Pauling being unable to travel to the conference in London). Compare this even in the book to current events throughout your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the author's depiction of women throughout the novel. Provide specific examples of depictions aligning with physical descriptions and whether or not you believe they are fair and accurate.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)