|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
2. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
3. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
4. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
5. What had Watson asked of Delbruck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the issue of a person's politics affecting his ability to travel to complete his work (such as Pauling being unable to travel to the conference in London). Compare this even in the book to current events throughout your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing in what way it is a truth that "a scientist's life might be interesting socially as well as intellectually." Use information from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the title of the novel provides insight to the savvy reader throughout the chapters. Explain in detail your rationale.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)