|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much progress did Crick make?
2. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
3. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
4. How did Pauling feel about Watson and Crick's model?
5. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the idea that a scientist's life is not truly separable from the scientist's work. Use examples from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing in what way it is a truth that "a scientist's life might be interesting socially as well as intellectually." Use information from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the title of the novel provides insight to the savvy reader throughout the chapters. Explain in detail your rationale.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)