|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
2. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
4. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
5. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining why Watson was referred to as a "mad Englishman." Use specific examples from the reading to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the theme of integrating the work of science with outside diversions, merging a scientist's work with his life portrayed throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)