|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirmed Watson's finding that TMV was indeed a helix?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
3. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
4. What was Watson continually thinking about as he went to films in regards to progress on DNA model?
5. Who arrived at Cambridge as a student?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the author's depiction of women throughout the novel. Provide specific examples of depictions aligning with physical descriptions and whether or not you believe they are fair and accurate.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing in what way it is a truth that "a scientist's life might be interesting socially as well as intellectually." Use information from the text to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the idea that scientists within the scientific community often speak different languages. This refers to the language of disciplines, not the language of countries.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)