|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
2. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
4. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Watson want to study after hearing Pauling's lecture?
2. What concerned Maurice about Linus?
3. How did Delbruck feel about Watson's TMV discovery and the comparison Watson made between Crick and Pauling?
4. Why did Watson and Crick think that the DNA structure was more complicated than the structure discovered by Pauling?
5. What bothered Crick about his wife's relationship with Elizabeth?
6. Why did Watson decline the invitation to speak at a meeting in the United States?
7. Who typed Watson and Crick's paper?
8. How had Watson gotten a place to leave in Clare College?
9. What did Watson attribute much of their success to?
10. Why were the crystallized images important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the scientific process can be seen throughout this novel. Use specific examples and key words from the scientific process such as hypothesis, test, control, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the author's reflection about Rosy and how and why his opinion changed as he reflected back years later.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the title of the novel provides insight to the savvy reader throughout the chapters. Explain in detail your rationale.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)