|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
2. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
3. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
4. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
5. How much less money was his new fellowship offer for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Francis Crick's home.
2. Why did Watson go ahead with the move to Cambridge before he had permission?
3. What did Watson hope to apply Pauling's method to?
4. How did Francis feel about Watson's work with bacteria?
5. What does Watson's new informaiton about DNA lead to him to question?
6. What was Francis Crick's first real scientific triumph?
7. Who typed Watson and Crick's paper?
8. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
9. What did Rosy seem to believe that research on DNA would require?
10. Why did Watson sense a disaster with his sister?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the term self-deprecating could be used to describe Watson's own humor throughout the novel. Be sure to include examples from the book to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how important human interaction was throughout the scientific process. Use specific examples from the reading to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating the statement that Watson is only enthusiastic about learning when something is practical and relevant immediately, otherwise, he places no value in learning. Use information from the text to support your evaluation.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)