|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
2. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
3. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
4. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
2. Why did Watson and Crick want a new start?
3. How many bases are there in DNA?
4. What did Crick tell Watson they had found?
5. What did Watson attribute much of their success to?
6. What did Crick accuse Sir Lawrence of?
7. If Crick had been fired by Sir Lawrence, why might he have found it difficult to find a new job?
8. How is the character of Rosy portrayed by the author?
9. What two things was Watson interested in with regards to learning the structure of DNA ?
10. When Watson told Maurice about Pauling working on the DNA structure, what was Maurice more concerned with at the immediate moment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the idea that scientists within the scientific community often speak different languages. This refers to the language of disciplines, not the language of countries.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how important human interaction was throughout the scientific process. Use specific examples from the reading to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing in what way it is a truth that "a scientist's life might be interesting socially as well as intellectually." Use information from the text to support your writing.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)