|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
2. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
3. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
5. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information was revealed when Pauling appeared unexpectedly at the meeting?
2. What was Francis Crick's first real scientific triumph?
3. What was the force that continued to drive Watson?
4. Why did Watson and Crick want a new start?
5. Why was it illegal for Watson to move to Cambridge?
6. What happened when Watson went to work trying to apply his pairs theory to the new base structures?
7. What does Watson's new informaiton about DNA lead to him to question?
8. What was the topic of Rosy and Maurice's papers?
9. What must be allowed when the structure of DNA is solved?
10. What does Watson do that Crick is unhappy with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the final structure of DNA. Use specific terminology about the bases in your writing. End your essay with a visual diagram to help clarify your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about scientific ethics. Include answers to the following questions:Rosy has been difficult for Maurice to work with, but does he have the right to secretly copy her images? Does he have a right to show those images to Watson, and does Watson have a right to use these images to move forward his own work? Does Rosy have a right to keep her work secret, when it could be used to further science?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the author's reflection about Rosy and how and why his opinion changed as he reflected back years later.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)