|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
2. Where had Watson gotten the structures for the bases?
(a) From Watson's own research into bacteria
(b) From Rosy's photographs
(c) Out of a chemistry book
(d) From Pauling's research
3. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
(a) Photographs of DNA
(b) Backbone of DNA
(c) Bacteria reproduction
4. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
(a) An apology for how Rosy was perceived throughout his career
(b) A celebration of their winning the Nobel Prize
(c) A short chapter reaffirming the importance of their work
(d) A summary of the book
5. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) The phosphate molecules were not ionized
(b) He relayed that there were four helixes
(c) The phosphate molecules were ionized
(d) He could not identify the number of helixes
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
2. Who shared an office with Watson and Crick?
3. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
4. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
5. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)