|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) How to build a model of DNA
(b) How protein coils did not make helixes
(c) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
(d) How protein helixes created coils within coils
2. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
(a) Rosy's work
(b) Maurice's work
(c) Chargraff's work
(d) Pauling's work
3. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
4. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
(a) His sister needed him
(b) His new idea about base structures didn't work
(c) He was excitied by his breakthrough
(d) He needed time to think
5. How did Watson feel about Rosy's reaction to the new model?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
3. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
4. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
5. How does Watson end his book?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)