|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
(a) His sister needed him
(b) He was excitied by his breakthrough
(c) His new idea about base structures didn't work
(d) He needed time to think
2. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
(a) Bacteria reproduction
(c) Backbone of DNA
(d) Photographs of DNA
3. How old was Rosy when she died?
4. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
(a) There were an odd number of bases
(b) The sides weren't identical
(c) Pairing eliminated the idea of 3 chains
(d) The bases weren't all the same sides
5. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
(a) Crick had found 2 chains in previous research
(b) Things in biology come in pairs
(c) Picture showed 2 chains
(d) Pauling's model was wrong
Short Answer Questions
1. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
2. What did Watson reveal made being a scientist harder for Rosy than for others?
3. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
4. How much progress did Crick make?
5. Who checked Watson and Crick's chemistry on the model?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)