|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
(b) How protein helixes created coils within coils
(c) How protein coils did not make helixes
(d) How to build a model of DNA
2. What had Watson asked of Delbruck?
(a) To be sure and tell Pauling
(b) Not to tell Pauling about the new model
(c) To display the model at Cal-Tech
(d) To spread the word throughout the scientific community
3. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They found a major flaw
(b) They debated it's accuracy
(c) They refuted the model
(d) They supported the model
4. Which word best describes Watson's feelings at the idea of working with bases in pairs?
5. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
2. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
3. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
4. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term untenable?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)