|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
2. Which word best describes Watson's feelings at the idea of working with bases in pairs?
3. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
(a) He wanted to be on his way to Brazil
(b) He had eaten bad food
(c) He was tired of Watson and Crick
(d) He was tired of talking about DNA
4. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
(a) London at a conference with Pauling
(b) In Stockholm at a conference on crystallography
(c) Cambridge at the lab
(d) International Biochemical Congress in Paris
5. Who arrived at Cambridge as a student?
(a) Pauling's son
(d) Sir Lawrence's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
2. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
3. Who identified the major fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
4. How old was Rosy when she died?
5. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)