|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
2. Where had Watson gotten the structures for the bases?
(a) From Rosy's photographs
(b) Out of a chemistry book
(c) From Pauling's research
(d) From Watson's own research into bacteria
3. How did Pauling feel about Watson and Crick's model?
4. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
(b) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
(c) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(d) Start working on DNA again
5. What did Watson and Crick have to wait for?
(a) Changes to be made to the backbone
(b) Rosy to leave King's lab
(c) Maurice to provide them with new information
(d) Base models to be built
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
2. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
3. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
4. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
5. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)