|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
(b) Sir Lawrence
(d) Max Delbruck
2. How does Watson end his book?
(a) By sharing the credit in the discovery of the structure of DNA with Crick
(b) By reporting the importance of his discovery
(c) By taking all of the credit in the discovery of the structure of DNA
(d) By discussing what the various people involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA are doing at the time of the writing
3. What did Watson and Crick do when the bases were finished?
(a) Constructed a model
(b) Told King's lab
(c) Took an exended break
(d) Studied more books and information
4. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
5. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
(a) A model of DNA and RNA
(b) A new kind of X-ray tube
(c) The structure of DNA
(d) The structure of RNA
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
2. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
4. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
5. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)