|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
(a) Because he wasn't concerned about his sister's love life
(b) Because he wouldn't share the responsibility
(c) Because he wasn't spending all of his time on DNA
(d) Because he refused to consider a 3 chain model
2. How did Maurice answer when asked if he minded Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
(a) He said they should all work together
(b) Yes, immediately
(c) No, immediately
(d) No, but slowly
3. Where was Pauling's lab?
(b) New Jersey
4. Who shared an office with Watson and Crick?
(b) Linus Pauling
(d) Sir Lawrence
5. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
(a) Distracted by Watson's social life
(b) Distracted by Rosy's animosty
(c) Excitement about the base pairs
(d) Excitement at attending a new lecture
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
2. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
4. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
5. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)