|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
2. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) How protein coils did not make helixes
(b) How to build a model of DNA
(c) How protein helixes created coils within coils
(d) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
3. How much progress did Crick make?
(c) A lot
(d) A little
4. Which of the following did Watson begin working on after being told to stop his work on DNA?
5. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
(b) Start working on DNA again
(c) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(d) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
2. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
3. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
4. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
5. How did Pauling feel about Watson and Crick's model?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)