Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
(a) The sides weren't identical
(b) There were an odd number of bases
(c) The bases weren't all the same sides
(d) Pairing eliminated the idea of 3 chains
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Non-work-related activities
(b) Talking with his sister and her beau
(c) Making RNA models
(d) Creating bacteria studies
3. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
(a) To show that RNA was the same as DNA
(b) To show that the work was worthwhile
(c) To show that TMV had DNA
(d) To showTMV had helically stacked protein
4. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
(d) Linus Pauling
5. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maurice answer when asked if he minded Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
2. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
3. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
4. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
5. What did Watson reveal made being a scientist harder for Rosy than for others?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)