|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
(a) A celebration of their winning the Nobel Prize
(b) An apology for how Rosy was perceived throughout his career
(c) A summary of the book
(d) A short chapter reaffirming the importance of their work
2. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They refuted the model
(b) They found a major flaw
(c) They debated it's accuracy
(d) They supported the model
3. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
(b) United States
(c) They never met
4. Who did Pauling give copies of his manuscript which contained his new model of DNA?
(a) Watson and Crick
(b) Peter and Bragg
(c) Rosy and Bragg
(d) Rosy and Maurice
5. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
2. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
3. Which of the following did Watson begin working on after being told to stop his work on DNA?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
5. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)