|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Watson's feelings at the idea of working with bases in pairs?
2. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) All DNA was the same as RNA
(b) DNA was all exactly the same
(c) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
(d) All DNA lacked cystosine
3. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
(a) Excitement at attending a new lecture
(b) Distracted by Watson's social life
(c) Excitement about the base pairs
(d) Distracted by Rosy's animosty
4. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
5. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
(a) Spicy food
(b) Worry over DNA
(c) Pressure from his PhD program
(d) Too much work
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maurice answer when asked if he minded Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
2. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
3. Who shared an office with Watson and Crick?
4. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
5. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)