|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
(a) It was surprising
(b) It was incorrect
(c) It was correct
(d) It needed to be fixed slightly
2. Who arrived at Cambridge as a student?
(a) Pauling's son
(d) Sir Lawrence's daughter
3. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
(a) D form
(b) A form
(c) C form
(d) B form
4. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
(a) Backbone of DNA
(b) Bacteria reproduction
(d) Photographs of DNA
5. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
(a) She stopped right after the model was created
(b) Until right before her death
(c) She stopped when Watson and Crick were published
(d) She was fired by Maurice and never got another job in the field
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Watson compare Crick to when talking to Delbruck?
2. What did Watson and Crick do when the bases were finished?
3. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
4. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
5. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)