|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
2. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
(c) United States
3. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
4. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(a) Detailed drawings
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) Human relations
(c) The scientific process
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
3. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothered Crick about his wife's relationship with Elizabeth?
2. How did Delbruck feel about Watson's TMV discovery and the comparison Watson made between Crick and Pauling?
3. What happened when Watson went to work trying to apply his pairs theory to the new base structures?
4. If Crick had been fired by Sir Lawrence, why might he have found it difficult to find a new job?
5. What did Rosy seem to believe that research on DNA would require?
6. What changed during the normally social lunch period in the Cambridge lab?
7. When Watson told Maurice about Pauling working on the DNA structure, what was Maurice more concerned with at the immediate moment?
8. What pattern does Watson's trip to Paris continue to demonstrate?
9. How did Francis feel about Watson's work with bacteria?
10. What two things was Watson interested in with regards to learning the structure of DNA ?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)