|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
2. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(d) Detailed drawings
3. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
(a) She realized he had had an important breakthrough
(b) She knew his long hours would soon be over
(c) She saw that he was becoming good friends with Watson
(d) She totally understood all of his work
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(c) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
2. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
3. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
4. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
5. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things was Watson interested in with regards to learning the structure of DNA ?
2. How did Francis feel about Watson's work with bacteria?
3. Why was Pauling not able to speak at the scientific conference in London?
4. What was the topic of Rosy and Maurice's papers?
5. What was Watson's breakthrough an implication for?
6. What does Watson think Rosy may do when she comes towards him during their argument?
7. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
8. What does Watson do that Crick is unhappy with?
9. What changed during the normally social lunch period in the Cambridge lab?
10. How did Maurice think it would be best to find a model of DNA?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)