|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Multiple types of nucleotides
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Binding of the nucleotides
(d) Structure of DNA
2. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(c) The Times
3. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
(a) Sir Lawrence did not have the authority to remove Crick
(b) Crick had more friends in the lab than Sir Lawrence
(c) Crick had proof that Sir Lawrence stole from him
(d) Crick was pursuing his PhD at Cambridge and couldn't be fired
4. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) An existing connection
(b) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(c) A multiple valued function
5. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(b) Helix structures
(c) His PhD thesis
(d) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
2. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
4. When would Watson and Crick be able to understand the configuration of inorganic ions?
5. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Delbruck feel about Watson's TMV discovery and the comparison Watson made between Crick and Pauling?
2. Why did Watson go ahead with the move to Cambridge before he had permission?
3. Why did Watson and Crick want a new start?
4. Why did Herman tell Watson that he was in no state to teach the student biochemistry?
5. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
6. What was Watson's breakthrough an implication for?
7. What did Watson and Crick find about the bonds that held together DNA?
8. What does Watson think Rosy may do when she comes towards him during their argument?
9. What specific information was Crick interested in from Rosy's lecture that Watson had a difficult time retrieving?
10. Why was it illegal for Watson to move to Cambridge?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)