|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
(d) United States
3. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(b) His PhD thesis
(c) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
(d) Helix structures
4. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(b) Fell off
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Watson and Crick be able to understand the configuration of inorganic ions?
2. Which of the following did Watson and Crick add to the models which already existed within the Cambridge lab?
3. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rosy critical of the model Watson and Crick developed?
2. What did Crick accuse Sir Lawrence of?
3. Who typed Watson and Crick's paper?
4. Why did Watson decline the invitation to speak at a meeting in the United States?
5. In the forward, Bragg describes the following story as what kind?
6. What was the underlying reason behind Sir Lawrence having Watson and Crick stop working on the structure of DNA?
7. What did Watson and Crick find about the bonds that held together DNA?
8. How did Maurice feel about Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
9. What was the force that continued to drive Watson?
10. Why did Watson and Crick want a new start?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)