|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(b) For making too much noise during the day
(c) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
(d) For not paying the rent
2. When would Watson and Crick be able to understand the configuration of inorganic ions?
(a) Before the phosphorus atoms were completed
(b) When they understood the final structure
(c) As they added details to the models
(d) When they received the new model components
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson and Crick felt after Rosy and Maurice left?
(a) Excited about continuing
(b) More productive
(d) The same as they had felt before they came to review the model
4. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Bullet proof vests
(b) Medical advances
(c) Magnetic mines
5. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(b) Crystallographic research into DNA
(c) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(d) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
2. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
3. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
4. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
5. How does DNA carry information?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Crick attend the lecture?
2. When Watson told Maurice about Pauling working on the DNA structure, what was Maurice more concerned with at the immediate moment?
3. What new information was revealed when Pauling appeared unexpectedly at the meeting?
4. Why were the crystallized images important?
5. What must be allowed when the structure of DNA is solved?
6. How had Watson gotten a place to leave in Clare College?
7. If Crick had been fired by Sir Lawrence, why might he have found it difficult to find a new job?
8. What concerned Maurice about Linus?
9. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
10. Why was Rosy critical of the model Watson and Crick developed?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)