|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(a) Detailed drawings
4. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(b) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(c) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(d) Crystallographic research into DNA
5. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
(a) United States
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
4. How does DNA carry information?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
Short Essay Questions
1. How many bases are there in DNA?
2. How is the character of Rosy portrayed by the author?
3. Why did Watson sense a disaster with his sister?
4. What was the topic of Rosy and Maurice's papers?
5. If Crick had been fired by Sir Lawrence, why might he have found it difficult to find a new job?
6. What realization did Watson come to years after their discovery of the structure of DNA in regards to Rosy?
7. Why didn't Crick attend the lecture?
8. What did Crick accuse Sir Lawrence of?
9. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
10. Why was Rosy critical of the model Watson and Crick developed?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)