|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the author meet Crick?
2. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
3. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
4. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(a) Go sour
(c) Dark cloud
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
2. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. How does DNA carry information?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must be allowed when the structure of DNA is solved?
2. In the forward, Bragg describes the following story as what kind?
3. What new information was revealed when Pauling appeared unexpectedly at the meeting?
4. What was the force that continued to drive Watson?
5. What was the underlying reason behind Sir Lawrence having Watson and Crick stop working on the structure of DNA?
6. What changed during the normally social lunch period in the Cambridge lab?
7. What two things was Watson interested in with regards to learning the structure of DNA ?
8. How did Francis feel about Watson's work with bacteria?
9. What is Watson's position on life and work?
10. What has Watson done on a social aspect while trying to make X-ray photographs?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)