|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
(a) Had three helices
(b) Too many chains
(c) Water level number was different
(d) Not enough chains
2. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
3. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
4. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(b) Unauthorized autobiography
(d) Unauthorized biography
5. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
2. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
3. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
4. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Francis Crick's first real scientific triumph?
2. Why did Watson sense a disaster with his sister?
3. Why was Rosy critical of the model Watson and Crick developed?
4. Why did Herman tell Watson that he was in no state to teach the student biochemistry?
5. Who typed Watson and Crick's paper?
6. In the forward, Bragg describes the following story as what kind?
7. What new information was revealed when Pauling appeared unexpectedly at the meeting?
8. Why didn't Crick attend the lecture?
9. What did Crick tell Watson they had found?
10. Describe Crick as seen through Watson's eyes.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)