|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Take notes
(b) Thank her for her time
(c) Ask more questions of her
(d) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
2. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(d) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
3. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
4. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
(a) A new model
(b) A new colleague
(c) A fresh start
(d) New X-rays
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
2. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
3. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
4. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
5. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Watson think Rosy may do when she comes towards him during their argument?
2. How was Odile going to help Watson with his problem with eating the food at the local restaurants?
3. Why did Watson and Crick want a new start?
4. What did Watson and Crick find about the bonds that held together DNA?
5. What realization did Watson come to years after their discovery of the structure of DNA in regards to Rosy?
6. In what way did Watson technically break the terms of his fellowship?
7. How many bases are there in DNA?
8. What did Watson attribute much of their success to?
9. What changed during the normally social lunch period in the Cambridge lab?
10. Describe Francis Crick's home.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)