|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He concentrates on the wrong things
(b) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(c) He drinks
(d) He stops working
2. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
(b) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
(c) Crystallography in Stockhom
(d) Biochemistry with Markham
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson and Crick felt after Rosy and Maurice left?
(a) The same as they had felt before they came to review the model
(b) More productive
(c) Excited about continuing
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(b) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(c) Crystallographic research into DNA
(d) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
4. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Herman tell Watson that he was in no state to teach the student biochemistry?
2. How is the character of Rosy portrayed by the author?
3. What concerned Maurice about Linus?
4. How did Watson and Crick get Rosy's measurements at their Cambridge lab?
5. Why did Watson decline the invitation to speak at a meeting in the United States?
6. How was Odile going to help Watson with his problem with eating the food at the local restaurants?
7. How had Watson gotten a place to leave in Clare College?
8. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
9. In what way might this book be considered an apology for the winning of the Nobel Prize by Watson and Crick?
10. What would Francis find awkward in regards to the problem of DNA?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)