|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
2. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Multiple types of nucleotides
(b) Binding of the nucleotides
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Order of the nucleotides
3. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
(b) Crystallography in Stockhom
(c) Biochemistry with Markham
(d) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
4. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
5. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson and Crick felt after Rosy and Maurice left?
2. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
3. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
4. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many bases are there in DNA?
2. How did Maurice feel about Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
3. What was Watson's breakthrough an implication for?
4. What would Francis find awkward in regards to the problem of DNA?
5. What pattern does Watson's trip to Paris continue to demonstrate?
6. Why did Watson decline the invitation to speak at a meeting in the United States?
7. What statement did Rosy make about the idea that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
8. Why was Pauling not able to speak at the scientific conference in London?
9. How is the character of Rosy portrayed by the author?
10. Why did Watson and Crick think that the DNA structure was more complicated than the structure discovered by Pauling?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)