|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
2. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
3. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(b) James Watson
(c) Francis Crick
(d) Max Perutz
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(b) Go sour
(c) Dark cloud
5. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
2. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
4. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
5. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the underlying reason behind Sir Lawrence having Watson and Crick stop working on the structure of DNA?
2. What specific information was Crick interested in from Rosy's lecture that Watson had a difficult time retrieving?
3. What was the topic of Rosy and Maurice's papers?
4. What was Francis Crick's first real scientific triumph?
5. What was the force that continued to drive Watson?
6. What did Watson want to study after hearing Pauling's lecture?
7. Why was Pauling not able to speak at the scientific conference in London?
8. Why did Watson sense a disaster with his sister?
9. What realization did Watson come to years after their discovery of the structure of DNA in regards to Rosy?
10. Why did Watson decline the invitation to speak at a meeting in the United States?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)