|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(b) Sir Lawrence
3. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Personality conflicts
(b) Intellectual life
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Social life
4. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) They were over Watson's head
(b) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(c) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(d) Watson despised Pauling's articles
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
2. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
4. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
5. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
2. What has Watson done on a social aspect while trying to make X-ray photographs?
3. Why were the crystallized images important?
4. How did Maurice feel about Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
5. What happened when Watson went to work trying to apply his pairs theory to the new base structures?
6. In the forward, Bragg describes the following story as what kind?
7. How did Maurice think it would be best to find a model of DNA?
8. What did Watson want to study after hearing Pauling's lecture?
9. Why was Pauling not able to speak at the scientific conference in London?
10. How had Watson gotten a place to leave in Clare College?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)