|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
2. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Bullet proof vests
(c) Medical advances
(d) Magnetic mines
3. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
5. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
(a) Had three helices
(b) Too many chains
(c) Not enough chains
(d) Water level number was different
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
4. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Delbruck feel about Watson's TMV discovery and the comparison Watson made between Crick and Pauling?
2. What did Crick tell Watson they had found?
3. Why did Wilkins come to Naples?
4. If Crick had been fired by Sir Lawrence, why might he have found it difficult to find a new job?
5. Why was Rosy critical of the model Watson and Crick developed?
6. What would Francis find awkward in regards to the problem of DNA?
7. What has Watson done on a social aspect while trying to make X-ray photographs?
8. Describe Francis Crick's home.
9. What realization did Watson come to years after their discovery of the structure of DNA in regards to Rosy?
10. What must be allowed when the structure of DNA is solved?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)