|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What is a gene?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) How does DNA crystallize?
(d) What are the crystallized images?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(b) An existing connection
(c) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(d) A multiple valued function
3. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
(a) To meet Crick to work on their project related to the structure of DNA
(b) To accept a new job
(c) To speak at a meeting in London
(d) To return to work
4. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
5. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
(a) Stockholm College
(b) Cambridge Lab
(c) King's College
(d) Copenhagen University
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the author meet Crick?
2. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
4. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
5. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Watson gotten a place to leave in Clare College?
2. Why did Watson decline the invitation to speak at a meeting in the United States?
3. What is Watson's position on life and work?
4. What specific information was Crick interested in from Rosy's lecture that Watson had a difficult time retrieving?
5. What was Francis Crick's first real scientific triumph?
6. How did Delbruck feel about Watson's TMV discovery and the comparison Watson made between Crick and Pauling?
7. In what way might this book be considered an apology for the winning of the Nobel Prize by Watson and Crick?
8. What two things was Watson interested in with regards to learning the structure of DNA ?
9. Describe Francis Crick's home.
10. What bothered Crick about his wife's relationship with Elizabeth?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)