|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To outline the main events of the book
(b) To define what type of book it is
(c) To set the purpose and scope
(d) To introduce the characters
2. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
(a) About a year
(b) About a week
(c) About a day
(d) About a month
3. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
4. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For not paying the rent
(b) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(c) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
(d) For making too much noise during the day
5. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
2. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
3. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
4. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
5. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Watson told Maurice about Pauling working on the DNA structure, what was Maurice more concerned with at the immediate moment?
2. What new information was revealed when Pauling appeared unexpectedly at the meeting?
3. What concerned Maurice about Linus?
4. What pattern does Watson's trip to Paris continue to demonstrate?
5. What statement did Rosy make about the idea that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
6. What is Watson's position on life and work?
7. Why was Rosy critical of the model Watson and Crick developed?
8. Describe Francis Crick's home.
9. How did Delbruck feel about Watson's TMV discovery and the comparison Watson made between Crick and Pauling?
10. What two things was Watson interested in with regards to learning the structure of DNA ?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)