Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
2. Which two components of DNA did Chargaff find had the same number of molecules?
(a) guanine and adenine
(b) cytosine and thymine
(c) adenine and thymine
(d) guanine and thymine
3. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
(a) Watson's work
(b) Chargraff's work
(c) Rosy's work
(d) Pauling's work
4. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
5. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Creating bacteria studies
(b) Non-work-related activities
(c) Making RNA models
(d) Talking with his sister and her beau
6. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
(b) Bertrand Fourcade
(d) Sir Lawrence
7. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
(a) Rosy assaulting Watson
(b) Maurice entering the lab
(c) Rosy tearing up Pauling's work
(d) Watson walking out of the lab
8. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They supported the model
(b) They refuted the model
(c) They found a major flaw
(d) They debated it's accuracy
9. How did Watson feel about Rosy's reaction to the new model?
10. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
11. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
(b) Heart condition
12. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) All DNA was the same as RNA
(b) All DNA lacked cystosine
(c) DNA was all exactly the same
(d) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
13. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
14. When Watson constructed models of the bases what was the same about a pair?
15. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
(a) His sister needed him
(b) He needed time to think
(c) His new idea about base structures didn't work
(d) He was excitied by his breakthrough
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Watson's sister get married?
2. Who confirmed Watson's finding that TMV was indeed a helix?
3. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
4. How did Rosy feel about the new model?
5. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)