|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(a) Total agreement
2. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
3. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
(a) A model of DNA and RNA
(b) The structure of DNA
(c) The structure of RNA
(d) A new kind of X-ray tube
4. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) All DNA was the same as RNA
(b) DNA was all exactly the same
(c) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
(d) All DNA lacked cystosine
5. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Start working on DNA again
(b) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(c) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
(d) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
6. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
(a) Bragg and Crick
(b) Pauling and Crick
(c) Bragg and Max
(d) Crick and Max
7. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
(b) Heart condition
8. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
(a) Within the next five years
(b) Right away
(d) Next year
9. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
10. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) How protein coils did not make helixes
(b) How protein helixes created coils within coils
(c) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
(d) How to build a model of DNA
11. Who did Pauling give copies of his manuscript which contained his new model of DNA?
(a) Peter and Bragg
(b) Watson and Crick
(c) Rosy and Bragg
(d) Rosy and Maurice
12. What did Watson and Crick have to wait for?
(a) Changes to be made to the backbone
(b) Maurice to provide them with new information
(c) Base models to be built
(d) Rosy to leave King's lab
13. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
(a) Documenting her insubordination
(b) Documenting her mistakes and reporting them to supervisors
(c) Copying her notes
(d) Copying her photographs
14. How did Pauling feel about Watson and Crick's model?
15. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
(a) She was fired by Maurice and never got another job in the field
(b) Until right before her death
(c) She stopped right after the model was created
(d) She stopped when Watson and Crick were published
Short Answer Questions
1. How much progress did Crick make?
2. Which two components of DNA did Chargaff find had the same number of molecules?
3. Who told Pauling about the double helix structure?
4. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
5. What had Watson construction which was checked against Rosy's measurements?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)