|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
(a) Heart condition
2. Where was Watson going to get the necessary pieces to construct his model?
(a) Rosy's lab
(b) Previous models
(c) Pauling's dismantled model
(d) Machine shop
3. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
(a) Maurice's work
(b) Chargraff's work
(c) Pauling's work
(d) Rosy's work
4. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
(a) Next year
(c) Within the next five years
(d) Right away
5. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
6. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
(a) Spicy food
(b) Pressure from his PhD program
(c) Worry over DNA
(d) Too much work
7. Where was Pauling's lab?
(c) New Jersey
8. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
9. Who told Pauling about the double helix structure?
10. Which of the following characters could best be described as the antagonist?
11. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
12. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
(a) Because he wasn't concerned about his sister's love life
(b) Because he wasn't spending all of his time on DNA
(c) Because he wouldn't share the responsibility
(d) Because he refused to consider a 3 chain model
13. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
(a) A form
(b) B form
(c) C form
(d) D form
14. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(b) Total agreement
15. Who identified the major fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) Sir Lawrence
(c) Pauling's father
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirmed Watson's finding that TMV was indeed a helix?
2. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
3. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
4. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
5. When Watson constructed models of the bases what was the same about a pair?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)