|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
2. How much progress did Crick make?
(c) A little
(d) A lot
3. How old was Rosy when she died?
4. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
(d) Problem solving
6. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
(a) He had eaten bad food
(b) He wanted to be on his way to Brazil
(c) He was tired of talking about DNA
(d) He was tired of Watson and Crick
7. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) All DNA lacked cystosine
(b) All DNA was the same as RNA
(c) DNA was all exactly the same
(d) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
8. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Non-work-related activities
(b) Making RNA models
(c) Creating bacteria studies
(d) Talking with his sister and her beau
9. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(b) Washington, DC
10. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
(a) Rosy tearing up Pauling's work
(b) Rosy assaulting Watson
(c) Watson walking out of the lab
(d) Maurice entering the lab
11. What did Watson reveal made being a scientist harder for Rosy than for others?
(a) Being a woman
(b) Stealing and not sharing work with her boss
(c) Having a bad attitude
(d) Disagreeing with others
12. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
(a) Pauling's work
(b) Watson's work
(c) Rosy's work
(d) Chargraff's work
13. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
(a) 20 times
(b) 30 times
(c) 10 times
(d) 5 times
14. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
(b) Sir Lawrence
(d) Bertrand Fourcade
15. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
(b) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(c) Start working on DNA again
(d) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
2. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
3. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
4. Whom did Bragg invite to come see the new model?
5. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)