|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who identified the major fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) Sir Lawrence
(b) Pauling's father
2. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
(a) Documenting her mistakes and reporting them to supervisors
(b) Copying her photographs
(c) Documenting her insubordination
(d) Copying her notes
3. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
4. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
(b) Bertrand Fourcade
(d) Sir Lawrence
5. Who told Pauling about the double helix structure?
6. Where was Pauling's lab?
(b) New Jersey
7. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Incomplete travel records
(b) Political views
(c) Breakthrough in his projects
(d) Health issues
8. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
(a) Pauling's work
(b) Chargraff's work
(c) Rosy's work
(d) Watson's work
9. What does TMV contain?
(b) Triple helix structure
10. How did Rosy feel about the new model?
11. When Watson constructed models of the bases what was the same about a pair?
12. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
(c) Sir Lawrence
(d) Max Delbruck
13. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They debated it's accuracy
(b) They found a major flaw
(c) They refuted the model
(d) They supported the model
14. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
15. What did Watson and Crick do when the bases were finished?
(a) Took an exended break
(b) Studied more books and information
(c) Told King's lab
(d) Constructed a model
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Bragg invite to come see the new model?
2. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
3. Who confirmed Watson's finding that TMV was indeed a helix?
4. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
5. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)