|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Watson moved?
(a) Fish place
(b) Clare College
(c) Cambridge College
(d) Portugal Place
2. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
(c) Heart condition
3. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Creating bacteria studies
(b) Talking with his sister and her beau
(c) Non-work-related activities
(d) Making RNA models
4. How old was Rosy when she died?
5. How did Pauling feel about Watson and Crick's model?
6. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
(a) Problem solving
7. Who shared an office with Watson and Crick?
(c) Sir Lawrence
(d) Linus Pauling
8. Which of the following characters could best be described as the antagonist?
9. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(d) Total agreement
10. Which two components of DNA did Chargaff find had the same number of molecules?
(a) cytosine and thymine
(b) guanine and adenine
(c) adenine and thymine
(d) guanine and thymine
11. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
12. Which of the following was the problem with Pauling's model?
(a) DNA base was now an acid
(b) DNA base was not acidic
(c) DNA acid was too acidic
(d) DNA acid was not acidic
13. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
(a) C form
(b) D form
(c) A form
(d) B form
14. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
15. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
(a) He was tired of Watson and Crick
(b) He had eaten bad food
(c) He was tired of talking about DNA
(d) He wanted to be on his way to Brazil
Short Answer Questions
1. How much progress did Crick make?
2. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
3. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
4. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
5. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)