|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Non-work-related activities
(b) Creating bacteria studies
(c) Making RNA models
(d) Talking with his sister and her beau
2. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(a) Total agreement
3. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
(a) Pauling's work
(b) Chargraff's work
(c) Rosy's work
(d) Maurice's work
4. What did Watson continue to believe the problem was?
(a) Acid level
(c) Chain number
5. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
6. Who identified the major fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(b) Pauling's father
(c) Sir Lawrence
7. Where had Watson moved?
(a) Clare College
(b) Cambridge College
(c) Portugal Place
(d) Fish place
8. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
9. How does Watson end his book?
(a) By reporting the importance of his discovery
(b) By sharing the credit in the discovery of the structure of DNA with Crick
(c) By discussing what the various people involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA are doing at the time of the writing
(d) By taking all of the credit in the discovery of the structure of DNA
10. Which word best describes Watson's feelings at the idea of working with bases in pairs?
11. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
12. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
(b) Problem solving
13. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
(c) Bertrand Fourcade
(d) Sir Lawrence
14. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
15. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who checked Watson and Crick's chemistry on the model?
2. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
3. Whom did Bragg invite to come see the new model?
4. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
5. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)