|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Watson moved?
(a) Cambridge College
(b) Fish place
(c) Portugal Place
(d) Clare College
2. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
3. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
4. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
(a) A short chapter reaffirming the importance of their work
(b) A celebration of their winning the Nobel Prize
(c) An apology for how Rosy was perceived throughout his career
(d) A summary of the book
5. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
(a) Pauling and Crick
(b) Bragg and Max
(c) Bragg and Crick
(d) Crick and Max
6. Where did Watson's sister get married?
(a) United States
7. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
8. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Health issues
(b) Incomplete travel records
(c) Political views
(d) Breakthrough in his projects
9. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They refuted the model
(b) They debated it's accuracy
(c) They supported the model
(d) They found a major flaw
10. What was Watson continually thinking about as he went to films in regards to progress on DNA model?
(a) Building materials
(c) Number of chains
11. What did Watson and Crick hope in regards to this new structure of DNA?
(a) They hoped Pauling was wrong
(b) They hoped to develop the model based on his structure
(c) They hoped to publish it before Pauling
(d) They hoped to expand on his knowledge
12. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
(c) Heart condition
13. Which of the following is the best definition of the term untenable?
(a) Able to be possible
(b) Unable to be defended
14. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
15. How much progress did Crick make?
(a) A lot
(d) A little
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
2. What did Watson reveal made being a scientist harder for Rosy than for others?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
4. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
5. What did Watson continue to believe the problem was?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)