|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) All DNA was the same as RNA
(b) DNA was all exactly the same
(c) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
(d) All DNA lacked cystosine
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term untenable?
(a) Able to be possible
(c) Unable to be defended
3. Who shared an office with Watson and Crick?
(b) Sir Lawrence
(c) Linus Pauling
4. Whom did Watson compare Crick to when talking to Delbruck?
(b) Sir Lawrence
5. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
(a) Problem solving
6. How much progress did Crick make?
(a) A little
(d) A lot
7. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
(a) Max Delbruck
(c) Sir Lawrence
8. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
9. What did Watson continue to believe the problem was?
(b) Chain number
(c) Acid level
10. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
11. What did Watson and Crick do when the bases were finished?
(a) Took an exended break
(b) Constructed a model
(c) Studied more books and information
(d) Told King's lab
12. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) How protein coils did not make helixes
(b) How protein helixes created coils within coils
(c) How to build a model of DNA
(d) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
13. How did Watson feel about Rosy's reaction to the new model?
14. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(b) Paper on DNA
15. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
(a) His sister needed him
(b) He was excitied by his breakthrough
(c) He needed time to think
(d) His new idea about base structures didn't work
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
2. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
3. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
4. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
5. Where was Pauling's lab?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)