|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
2. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
(b) Max Delbruck
(d) Sir Lawrence
3. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
4. What did Watson continue to believe the problem was?
(c) Chain number
(d) Acid level
5. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
(a) It needed to be fixed slightly
(b) It was surprising
(c) It was incorrect
(d) It was correct
6. What did Watson and Crick have to wait for?
(a) Rosy to leave King's lab
(b) Base models to be built
(c) Maurice to provide them with new information
(d) Changes to be made to the backbone
7. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
(d) Heart condition
8. How did Pauling feel about Watson and Crick's model?
9. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
(a) 10 times
(b) 20 times
(c) 30 times
(d) 5 times
10. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
(a) Bragg and Max
(b) Pauling and Crick
(c) Crick and Max
(d) Bragg and Crick
11. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) All DNA was the same as RNA
(b) All DNA lacked cystosine
(c) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
(d) DNA was all exactly the same
12. What had Watson construction which was checked against Rosy's measurements?
(c) Completed model
13. How does Watson end his book?
(a) By sharing the credit in the discovery of the structure of DNA with Crick
(b) By reporting the importance of his discovery
(c) By discussing what the various people involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA are doing at the time of the writing
(d) By taking all of the credit in the discovery of the structure of DNA
14. How did Maurice answer when asked if he minded Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
(a) No, immediately
(b) Yes, immediately
(c) He said they should all work together
(d) No, but slowly
15. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They supported the model
(b) They found a major flaw
(c) They debated it's accuracy
(d) They refuted the model
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
2. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
3. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
4. Where did Watson's sister get married?
5. How did Rosy feel about the new model?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)