Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
(a) The sides weren't identical
(b) There were an odd number of bases
(c) The bases weren't all the same sides
(d) Pairing eliminated the idea of 3 chains
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Non-work-related activities
(b) Talking with his sister and her beau
(c) Making RNA models
(d) Creating bacteria studies
3. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
(a) To show that RNA was the same as DNA
(b) To show that the work was worthwhile
(c) To show that TMV had DNA
(d) To showTMV had helically stacked protein
4. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
(d) Linus Pauling
5. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
6. How did Maurice answer when asked if he minded Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Yes, immediately
(b) He said they should all work together
(c) No, immediately
(d) No, but slowly
7. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
(a) D form
(b) C form
(c) B form
(d) A form
8. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
9. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
(a) Spicy food
(b) Too much work
(c) Worry over DNA
(d) Pressure from his PhD program
10. What did Watson reveal made being a scientist harder for Rosy than for others?
(a) Being a woman
(b) Stealing and not sharing work with her boss
(c) Disagreeing with others
(d) Having a bad attitude
11. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They debated it's accuracy
(b) They supported the model
(c) They refuted the model
(d) They found a major flaw
12. How did Watson feel about Rosy's reaction to the new model?
13. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
14. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(a) Paper on DNA
15. What had Watson construction which was checked against Rosy's measurements?
(b) Completed model
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Bragg invite to come see the new model?
2. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
3. Who shared an office with Watson and Crick?
4. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
5. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)