|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who checked Watson and Crick's chemistry on the model?
2. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
3. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
(a) She was fired by Maurice and never got another job in the field
(b) Until right before her death
(c) She stopped right after the model was created
(d) She stopped when Watson and Crick were published
4. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
(a) 5 times
(b) 20 times
(c) 30 times
(d) 10 times
5. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
(a) Because he wouldn't share the responsibility
(b) Because he wasn't concerned about his sister's love life
(c) Because he wasn't spending all of his time on DNA
(d) Because he refused to consider a 3 chain model
6. What had Watson asked of Delbruck?
(a) Not to tell Pauling about the new model
(b) To spread the word throughout the scientific community
(c) To display the model at Cal-Tech
(d) To be sure and tell Pauling
7. Where was Watson going to get the necessary pieces to construct his model?
(a) Pauling's dismantled model
(b) Machine shop
(c) Rosy's lab
(d) Previous models
8. Where had Watson gotten the structures for the bases?
(a) From Rosy's photographs
(b) Out of a chemistry book
(c) From Watson's own research into bacteria
(d) From Pauling's research
9. What had Watson construction which was checked against Rosy's measurements?
(a) Completed model
10. What did Watson and Crick do when the bases were finished?
(a) Told King's lab
(b) Studied more books and information
(c) Took an exended break
(d) Constructed a model
11. Where was Pauling's lab?
(c) New Jersey
12. Whom did Bragg invite to come see the new model?
13. Which of the following was the problem with Pauling's model?
(a) DNA acid was too acidic
(b) DNA base was not acidic
(c) DNA acid was not acidic
(d) DNA base was now an acid
14. How did Rosy feel about the new model?
15. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. The epilogue can best be described as which of the following?
2. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
3. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
4. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
5. Which of the following characters could best be described as the antagonist?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)