|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does TMV contain?
(d) Triple helix structure
2. Whom did Bragg invite to come see the new model?
3. What did Watson and Crick hope in regards to this new structure of DNA?
(a) They hoped to expand on his knowledge
(b) They hoped to develop the model based on his structure
(c) They hoped Pauling was wrong
(d) They hoped to publish it before Pauling
4. Where did Watson's sister get married?
(a) United States
5. Whom did Watson compare Crick to when talking to Delbruck?
(c) Sir Lawrence
6. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Breakthrough in his projects
(b) Health issues
(c) Incomplete travel records
(d) Political views
7. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
(a) She was fired by Maurice and never got another job in the field
(b) She stopped when Watson and Crick were published
(c) She stopped right after the model was created
(d) Until right before her death
8. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
(a) Sexes of bacteria
(b) Models of proteins
(c) Crystallograhy X-rays of RNA
(d) Coils of protein helixes
9. What does TMV stand for?
(a) Tobacco Mosaic Virus
(b) Tomal Missing Virus
(c) Tobacco Motive Virus
(d) Thrombosis Making Virus
10. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
(b) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(c) Start working on DNA again
(d) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
11. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
(a) C form
(b) A form
(c) D form
(d) B form
12. Which of the following is the best definition of the term untenable?
(c) Able to be possible
(d) Unable to be defended
13. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
(a) Distracted by Rosy's animosty
(b) Distracted by Watson's social life
(c) Excitement at attending a new lecture
(d) Excitement about the base pairs
14. Who identified the major fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(b) Pauling's father
(d) Sir Lawrence
15. How did Watson feel about Rosy's reaction to the new model?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters could best be described as the antagonist?
2. What had Watson asked of Delbruck?
3. What was Watson continually thinking about as he went to films in regards to progress on DNA model?
4. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
5. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)