|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
(a) To show that TMV had DNA
(b) To show that RNA was the same as DNA
(c) To showTMV had helically stacked protein
(d) To show that the work was worthwhile
2. What does TMV stand for?
(a) Tobacco Mosaic Virus
(b) Tomal Missing Virus
(c) Tobacco Motive Virus
(d) Thrombosis Making Virus
3. What did Watson and Crick have to wait for?
(a) Maurice to provide them with new information
(b) Rosy to leave King's lab
(c) Changes to be made to the backbone
(d) Base models to be built
4. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
(a) Copying her notes
(b) Documenting her mistakes and reporting them to supervisors
(c) Copying her photographs
(d) Documenting her insubordination
5. How long did Rosy keep working on scientific discoveries?
(a) She stopped right after the model was created
(b) She was fired by Maurice and never got another job in the field
(c) Until right before her death
(d) She stopped when Watson and Crick were published
6. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(d) Paper on DNA
7. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
8. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Incomplete travel records
(b) Breakthrough in his projects
(c) Health issues
(d) Political views
9. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
(d) Problem solving
10. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
(a) He was tired of Watson and Crick
(b) He was tired of talking about DNA
(c) He wanted to be on his way to Brazil
(d) He had eaten bad food
11. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
(a) Backbone of DNA
(b) Bacteria reproduction
(c) Photographs of DNA
12. Which of the following characters could best be described as the antagonist?
13. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
(a) The sides weren't identical
(b) There were an odd number of bases
(c) Pairing eliminated the idea of 3 chains
(d) The bases weren't all the same sides
14. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(b) Washington, DC
15. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
(b) All DNA lacked cystosine
(c) DNA was all exactly the same
(d) All DNA was the same as RNA
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
2. Where was Watson going to get the necessary pieces to construct his model?
3. How did Pauling feel about Watson and Crick's model?
4. What did Watson reveal made being a scientist harder for Rosy than for others?
5. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)