|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Watson construction which was checked against Rosy's measurements?
(b) Completed model
2. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
(b) Start working on DNA again
(c) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(d) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
3. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
(a) Photographs of DNA
(c) Bacteria reproduction
(d) Backbone of DNA
4. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
(a) 30 times
(b) 10 times
(c) 20 times
(d) 5 times
5. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
6. Whom did Watson compare Crick to when talking to Delbruck?
(a) Sir Lawrence
7. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
(a) Right away
(c) Next year
(d) Within the next five years
8. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
(a) D form
(b) B form
(c) A form
(d) C form
9. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
(a) It needed to be fixed slightly
(b) It was incorrect
(c) It was correct
(d) It was surprising
10. Which of the following characters could best be described as the antagonist?
11. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(c) Washington, DC
12. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
13. Where was Watson going to get the necessary pieces to construct his model?
(a) Machine shop
(b) Previous models
(c) Rosy's lab
(d) Pauling's dismantled model
14. What did Watson and Crick have to wait for?
(a) Maurice to provide them with new information
(b) Rosy to leave King's lab
(c) Base models to be built
(d) Changes to be made to the backbone
15. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Watson's sister get married?
2. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
3. Which word best describes Watson's feelings at the idea of working with bases in pairs?
4. How did Watson feel about Rosy's reaction to the new model?
5. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)