|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
2. What had Watson asked of Delbruck?
(a) Not to tell Pauling about the new model
(b) To spread the word throughout the scientific community
(c) To display the model at Cal-Tech
(d) To be sure and tell Pauling
3. What other evidence was discovered about DNA?
(a) DNA was all exactly the same
(b) All DNA lacked cystosine
(c) All DNA was the same as RNA
(d) the identification of a form of cytosine in a kind of DNA previously thought to lack cytosine
4. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
(a) Spicy food
(b) Too much work
(c) Worry over DNA
(d) Pressure from his PhD program
5. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Political views
(b) Breakthrough in his projects
(c) Incomplete travel records
(d) Health issues
6. Where was Watson going to get the necessary pieces to construct his model?
(a) Machine shop
(b) Pauling's dismantled model
(c) Previous models
(d) Rosy's lab
7. What did Todd say about the sugar-phosphate backbone chemistry in the model?
(a) It was surprising
(b) It needed to be fixed slightly
(c) It was correct
(d) It was incorrect
8. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
(a) Distracted by Rosy's animosty
(b) Distracted by Watson's social life
(c) Excitement about the base pairs
(d) Excitement at attending a new lecture
9. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
10. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
(a) Models of proteins
(b) Coils of protein helixes
(c) Sexes of bacteria
(d) Crystallograhy X-rays of RNA
11. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
(a) To show that RNA was the same as DNA
(b) To show that the work was worthwhile
(c) To showTMV had helically stacked protein
(d) To show that TMV had DNA
12. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
(b) Within the next five years
(c) Next year
(d) Right away
13. What did Watson continue to believe the problem was?
(b) Acid level
(c) Chain number
14. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
15. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Watson's sister get married?
2. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
3. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
4. What does TMV contain?
5. The base pairs Watson had developed after lunch were the same as the sets of bases that appeared whose work?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)