|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
(a) Making his own models
(b) Reviewing X-ray images
(c) Adding wire to the existent models
(d) Reading from Pauling's book
3. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
(b) Take notes
(c) Thank her for her time
(d) Ask more questions of her
4. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
5. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for making crystals
(b) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(c) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(d) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
6. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Disliked it
(b) Hated it
(c) Love it
(d) Liked it
7. Which of the following characters didn't believe that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
8. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
9. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
(a) To show his interest in biochemistry
(b) To convince them to let him work with Markham
(c) So they would approve his transfer
(d) So they would understand his needs and desires
10. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
11. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
(a) Water level number was different
(b) Had three helices
(c) Too many chains
(d) Not enough chains
12. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(b) Conflict in the lab
(c) Death in his family
(d) Personal health issue
13. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
14. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
15. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)