|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
2. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
3. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Magnetic mines
(b) Medical advances
(c) Bullet proof vests
4. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Bone degradation
(b) Biological proof that DNA existed
(c) Crystallized DNA
(d) Crystals taken from a mine
5. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
6. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(d) The Times
7. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(b) Dark cloud
(d) Go sour
8. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Ask more questions of her
(b) Take notes
(c) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
(d) Thank her for her time
9. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(c) Proton Order and diffraction
(d) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
10. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
11. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What are the crystallized images?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What is a gene?
(d) How does DNA crystallize?
12. How much less money was his new fellowship offer for?
(c) No less money
13. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(c) His PhD thesis
14. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
(a) Maurice Wilkins
(b) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(c) Roy Markahm
(d) Linus Pauling
15. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
2. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
3. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
4. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
5. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)