|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(a) Go sour
(c) Dark cloud
2. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
3. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
4. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
5. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) How protein helixes created coils within coils
(b) How to build a model of DNA
(c) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
(d) How protein coils did not make helixes
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
2. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
3. Where did Watson's sister get married?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
5. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)