|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
(a) Distracted by Watson's social life
(b) Distracted by Rosy's animosty
(c) Excitement about the base pairs
(d) Excitement at attending a new lecture
2. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
4. What was Watson continually thinking about as he went to films in regards to progress on DNA model?
(a) Number of chains
(c) Building materials
5. Who arrived at Cambridge as a student?
(c) Sir Lawrence's daughter
(d) Pauling's son
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
2. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
4. Where had Watson moved?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)