|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) Binding agents
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(d) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
3. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
4. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
(a) They refuted the model
(b) They found a major flaw
(c) They supported the model
(d) They debated it's accuracy
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Watson and Crick add to the models which already existed within the Cambridge lab?
2. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
3. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
4. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
5. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)