|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(b) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(c) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(d) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
2. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
3. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
4. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
(a) Right away
(b) Next year
(d) Within the next five years
5. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Multiple types of nucleotides
(c) Order of the nucleotides
(d) Binding of the nucleotides
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term untenable?
2. Which of the following characters didn't believe that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
3. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
4. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
5. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)