|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
2. Which of the following did Watson and Crick add to the models which already existed within the Cambridge lab?
(a) Copper wire
(b) Aluminum wire
(c) Tin wire
(d) Steel wire
3. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
(a) Too much work
(b) Pressure from his PhD program
(c) Spicy food
(d) Worry over DNA
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(b) There was no heating
(c) He knew no one there
(d) Weather was cold
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(b) Fell off
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Watson's sister get married?
2. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
4. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
5. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)