|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
(b) Start working on DNA again
(c) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(d) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(a) Dark cloud
(b) Go sour
4. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Crick's boss
(b) Maurice's boss
(c) Bragg's boss
(d) Rosy's boss
5. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(c) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
2. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
3. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
4. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
5. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)