|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what form of DNA did Crick work?
(a) C form
(b) A form
(c) B form
(d) D form
2. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(a) Fell off
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(c) Binding agents
(d) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
5. What had Maurice been doing in secret in regards to Rosy?
(a) Copying her photographs
(b) Documenting her mistakes and reporting them to supervisors
(c) Documenting her insubordination
(d) Copying her notes
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when King's lab began comparing their experimental results to the double helix structure?
2. What did Watson and Crick have to wait for?
3. What was Crick unable to concentrate on which he was supposed to be working on?
4. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)