|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Non-work-related activities
(b) Talking with his sister and her beau
(c) Creating bacteria studies
(d) Making RNA models
2. Which of the following characters didn't believe that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
3. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(b) To move to Cambridge
(c) To address his need to study crystallography
(d) To pretend to work with him
4. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was already solved
(b) It was the next great breakthrough
(c) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(d) It was unimportant
5. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson and Crick felt after Rosy and Maurice left?
2. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
3. Why didn't Watson want to continue working after lunch?
4. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
5. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)