|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Thank her for her time
(b) Ask more questions of her
(c) Take notes
(d) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
2. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(b) Proton Order and diffraction
(c) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
3. How did Rosy feel about the new model?
4. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
5. Who checked Watson and Crick's chemistry on the model?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much progress did Crick make?
2. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
3. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
4. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
5. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)