|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
2. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(b) Sir Lawrence
3. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
(a) About a week
(b) About a day
(c) About a year
(d) About a month
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Social life
(c) Personality conflicts
(d) Intellectual life
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(d) Total agreement
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Pauling's lab?
2. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
4. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)