|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Watson constructed models of the bases what was the same about a pair?
2. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) Crystallographic research into DNA
(b) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(c) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(d) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
3. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
4. Who did Pauling give copies of his manuscript which contained his new model of DNA?
(a) Peter and Bragg
(b) Watson and Crick
(c) Rosy and Bragg
(d) Rosy and Maurice
5. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Same amount of siblings
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Enthusiasm for DNA
(d) Protein structure knowledge
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
2. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
3. Which term did Maurice use to describe the DNA structure?
4. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
5. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)