|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
(a) She knew his long hours would soon be over
(b) She saw that he was becoming good friends with Watson
(c) She realized he had had an important breakthrough
(d) She totally understood all of his work
2. Whom did Bragg invite to come see the new model?
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He concentrates on the wrong things
(b) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(c) He drinks
(d) He stops working
4. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(a) Poor writer
(c) Dynamic speaker
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maurice respond to all of the arguments that went into constructing the DNA model?
2. Why couldn't Watson concentrate on this thesis?
3. In what year did the author meet Crick?
4. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)