|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Pauling's lab?
(c) New Jersey
2. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) Binding agents
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(d) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
3. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
4. Which two components of DNA did Chargaff find had the same number of molecules?
(a) guanine and adenine
(b) guanine and thymine
(c) cytosine and thymine
(d) adenine and thymine
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with the idea that the bases were pairs?
2. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
3. Who told Pauling about the double helix structure?
4. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
5. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)